Paladin Twitsting with AutoHotKey

Started 26 Feb 2019
by juhalanz
in Albion
Tue 26 Feb 2019 9:49 AM by juhalanz
Hi guys,

I made a script with AutoHotKey in order to press more keybinds just pressing one to Twist my Pally chants.
it is not a automatic macro , that autopress itself

I've to press my keybind by my decision.

Do i break some rule by doing so?

edit: from the rules
5. Macroing
It is allowed to bind multiple actions to a key, however, delays, repeats, and conditions are strictly forbidden as well as any other means that allow unattended game-play

1st offense: Deletion of all characters and 2-weeks ban
2nd offense: permaban of Player

So i'm ok with my macro?
Tue 26 Feb 2019 9:56 AM by dudis
Not according to the rules, but i was adviced by a forum moderator not to use such macros anyways. Reason is that there's technically a "delay" between every simulated key-press in your macro even if no delay is in the code.

One button, one ingame action are the rules as far as I understand them (sort of...).

EDIT: Forgot to mention that you are allowed to do one action on key-down and one on key-up, see quote bellow.

You can make macros that alternates which ability the same button uses though, so I think I'll bind my resist songs on my skald to my mousewheel, so i can just scroll and use all of them at once anyways

Dont take any risks, they will delete your chars if you break their (not very clear imo) macro rules.

Ashok wrote:
Thu 7 Feb 2019 3:00 PM
If your script does not work without delays, feel free to change it.

Think bigger and out of the box. Don't hang on to the word 'delay'.
If you're not allowed to add a delay (=pausing the script and automatically continue after X miliseconds), add a pause which requires you to hit the key again to continue. Or use "key down" and "key up" commands seperatly instead of the combined "key".

Or add a switch mode (without the pause); 1 press is action X and Y, press 2 A + B, press 3 G + H... and start over.

Coding offers a broad toolset to engage issues from tons of angles; use them to get what you want and still comply to the servers rules.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:27 AM by juhalanz
dudis wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 9:56 AM
Ashok wrote:
Thu 7 Feb 2019 3:00 PM
If your script does not work without delays, feel free to change it.

Think bigger and out of the box. Don't hang on to the word 'delay'.
If you're not allowed to add a delay (=pausing the script and automatically continue after X miliseconds), add a pause which requires you to hit the key again to continue. Or use "key down" and "key up" commands seperatly instead of the combined "key".

Or add a switch mode (without the pause); 1 press is action X and Y, press 2 A + B, press 3 G + H... and start over.

Coding offers a broad toolset to engage issues from tons of angles; use them to get what you want and still comply to the servers rules.

i just need to press 0 9 8 7 6 when i press 1 ( just an example )
no pauses or automations

is that legal?
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:46 AM by dudis
juhalanz wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:27 AM
i just need to press 0 9 8 7 6 when i press 1 ( just an example )
no pauses or automations

is that legal?

It would appear no but I'm not entirely sure, honestly.

Doing that would still require the macro to work something like this according to their definition, again, as far as I understand it.

Activate macro > press 0 > delay > press 9 > delay (etc...)

The macro cant actually use them all at once, so even if no delay is coded, there is inherent delay in the macro.

I think they just need to change the wording in their rules to something less technical an vague.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 11:01 AM by Ashok
dudis wrote: I think they just need to change the wording in their rules to something less technical an vague.
Vague rules (/laws) are just how the world works; to leave both sides room for interpretation and action.

It's actually somewhat funny that you (guys in general) keep quoting me all over but keep talking about delays, despite it's explained in the same quote what that means.
Also I gave some hints how to work around that restriction with valid functions.

Aura chanting is easiest to setup using the scroll wheel and a select-case function; each chant gets a number and each wheel turn increments that number (and triggers one of the chants in-game); once max you just reset the number to start over, maybe with 3s fail-over (that the script does not accept additional input after reset).

No delays (just your own mouse wheel usage), no automatic repetition (because you activate it manually), no game based decision logic.
Takes 1 minute.
- Ashok, GM Lead
Tue 26 Feb 2019 11:15 AM by juhalanz
Ashok wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 11:01 AM
Aura chanting is easiest to setup using the scroll wheel and a select-case function; each chant gets a number and each wheel turn increments that number (and triggers one of the chants in-game); once max you just reset the number to start over, maybe with 3s fail-over (that the script does not accept additional input after reset).

No delays (just your own mouse wheel usage), no automatic repetition (because you activate it manually), no game based decision logic.
Takes 1 minute.

Ty!
you mean something like that?

*WheelDown::
Send {7}{8}{9}{0}
;
Tue 26 Feb 2019 12:21 PM by Ashok
No, something like...

iChant = 1

: WheelDown
Switch iChant
Case = 1
Send X
iChant++
Case = 2
Send Y
iChant++
Case Else
iChant = 1
endSwitch

Whatever that translate into your scripting language you are using.
- Ashok, GM Lead
Tue 26 Feb 2019 2:54 PM by krumr
Ashok wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 11:01 AM
dudis wrote: I think they just need to change the wording in their rules to something less technical an vague.
Vague rules (/laws) are just how the world works; to leave both sides room for interpretation and action.

No offense meant, but that's a flawed logic (not without its merits, tho) when you are talking about rules whose consequence, if broken, is punishment, at least if you want these rules to work as a real deterrent.
There's a reason why, in any civil country, penal law is subject to the principle of legal certainty/legality: if a rule is open to way too many interpretations it won't serve as a deterrent because people won't be able to conform to the rule, what's worse there is the risk of punishing people who didn't break the rule on purpose, and so on.

If we were to apply the same logic into the context of a gaming server rules, we could say that harsher punishments (bans + chars deletion) need stricter rules.

Now, and to circumvent the problem (or "why not make all I've already written basically useless?", maybe, and since only a bunch of macros are both really useful and allowed within the rules boundaries (mins pet charm + songs, skald/paladins chants twisting come to mind), someone could compile a few macros (I've seen AHK mentioned a few times for example) , post them on the forum for you admins to check, and then we would have a post worth being sticked?
A sort of "useful, and allowed, macros guide" if you want: it would serve as a guideline for future and present players alike.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:04 PM by unforgetable
Wait.

As far as I understand the rules, the way the original poster is talking about setting up the script is perfectly legal. He is having 1 key activate all his chants at the same time, similar to a Minstrel twisting target pet -> charm -> speed at the same time. That should be perfectly legal since there is no "delay" in the script. Each twist needs a separate key press.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:36 PM by dudis
Made this simple Hotkeynet script for my skald. It seems to comply with all the rules as every spell casted requires a separate action taken from the player. I can just do those actions really quickly as I bind it to MouseWheelDown (scroll wheel).

The Toggle command basically does does it's thing, then jumps to the next toggle and repeats until it reaches the last one, then goes back to the top.

You have to rename your daoc client window to "daoc" for this to work (or change the script obviously). Caps Lock on/off activates/deactivates the script.

Just create more toggles for all the buttons you need.

<hotkey CapsLockOn WheelBackward>

<Toggle>
<SendWin daoc>
<Key F6>

<Toggle>
<SendWin daoc>
<Key F7>

<Toggle>
<SendWin daoc>
<Key F8>

Return to Albion or the latest topics