Time to make grays worth RPs..at least near RVR task flags

Started 26 Feb 2019
by Horus
in Suggestions
Given the current system..seeing an influx of grays at flags and such. Yes not much of threat but they do attack and can interrupt.

If they want to play with the big boys they should be worth RPs.

This is different than the random ganking of grays trying to exp..they are purposely trying to get into the fray.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 3:49 PM by Quik
I would fully support this if grey's weren't attackable in xp areas...

You can't have this both ways.

1) You want to be able to run around and gank grey's while they level, deliberately going for the spots even the lvl 12's are at and not say the 30's...KNOWING they have ZERO shot at winning...which is fine as it is part of the game...

2) On top of that NOW you want grey's to be worth RP's if they happen to go deeper into the frontiers because they might happen to land a spell on you...even though you might be the person who just griefed them and spent a few minutes just mezzing and stunning just to be an ass?

No thank you...pick one...either grey's are worth zero rp's and they can still do rvr tasks and return the favor of maybe a little griefing...OR grey's are worth RP's when doing task credit but you can't hurt them while they are xping...
Tue 26 Feb 2019 3:58 PM by Bradekes
No RPS for greys, but make them worth task items for turn ins.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 4:00 PM by Lollie
They could make greys worth a percentage of their rp's, so if they are tasking they will generally be worth more and if they are still grinding and haven't bothered to go to bg's or rvr tasking then they wont be worth anything.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 6:33 PM by cuuchulain79
Quik wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 3:49 PM

1) You want to be able to run around and gank grey's while they level, deliberately going for the spots even the lvl 12's are at and not say the 30's...KNOWING they have ZERO shot at winning...which is fine as it is part of the game...

2) On top of that NOW you want grey's to be worth RP's if they happen to go deeper into the frontiers because they might happen to land a spell on you...even though you might be the person who just griefed them and spent a few minutes just mezzing and stunning just to be an ass?

No thank you...pick one...either grey's are worth zero rp's and they can still do rvr tasks and return the favor of maybe a little griefing...OR grey's are worth RP's when doing task credit but you can't hurt them while they are xping...

Somebody posted this idea a while back:

Require level 35 to get RvR task credit.

Brilliant IMO.

Frontier zones should always remain war zones...stay in homelands if you're that worried about dying. And a level 35 requirement fits perfectly with capping out of BGs.

I suppose this may rankle some players though...because getting basic RAs from BGs does require actually earning a few RP the old fashioned way.

If the level 35 requirement gets implemented, I can already imagine cries for BG tasks for free RP...lol
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:51 PM by Luluko
nah its fine as it is it gives a certain satisfaction ae rooting or ae dotting a fg or zerg as a grey and you get rps and they dont the downsite is you die almost instant tho
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:54 PM by Dominus
had my level 5 bard in rvr and was landing mez on 50s. I have 0 problem if I was worth rps, in fact, as a gray who can land mezzes on 50s, i should be worth rps.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 9:01 PM by jg777
cuuchulain79 wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 6:33 PM
Quik wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 3:49 PM

Somebody posted this idea a while back:

Require level 35 to get RvR task credit.

Brilliant IMO.

Frontier zones should always remain war zones...stay in homelands if you're that worried about dying. And a level 35 requirement fits perfectly with capping out of BGs.

I suppose this may rankle some players though...because getting basic RAs from BGs does require actually earning a few RP the old fashioned way.

If the level 35 requirement gets implemented, I can already imagine cries for BG tasks for free RP...lol

It probably wasn’t me because I called for level 40 instead of 35, but essentially for the same reason- pre that level they aren’t contributing to the war effort and shouldn’t get participation points as let’s be real, nobody pre that level is actually trying to participate- they go in die/port near flag, go back to XP and wait for task earned credit. This would probably put more players in the Battlegrounds as well if they seriously wanted some realm skill points to assist in leveling up.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 9:57 PM by cuuchulain79
Luluko wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:51 PM
nah its fine as it is it gives a certain satisfaction ae rooting or ae dotting a fg or zerg as a grey and you get rps and they dont the downsite is you die almost instant tho

Another downside: Being your realm mate.

Dominus wrote: had my level 5 bard in rvr and was landing mez on 50s. I have 0 problem if I was worth rps, in fact, as a gray who can land mezzes on 50s, i should be worth rps.

I feel like this post alone should inspire the staff to intoruce a level req to task RPs...is this really what the vision of Phoenix is...level 5 bards out sponging free RP?
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:04 PM by Afuldan
cuuchulain79 wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 9:57 PM
Luluko wrote:

Dominus wrote: had my level 5 bard in rvr and was landing mez on 50s. I have 0 problem if I was worth rps, in fact, as a gray who can land mezzes on 50s, i should be worth rps.

I feel like this post alone should inspire the staff to intoruce a level req to task RPs...is this really what the vision of Phoenix is...level 5 bards out sponging free RP?

If I had more free time I would level a Skald solely through RvR tasks, just to see how high RR I could get before 50.
Wed 27 Feb 2019 8:07 AM by Luluko
cuuchulain79 wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 9:57 PM
Luluko wrote:

why? its not that the rest of zerg full of 50 shamans and casters arent using ae dots aswell
Wed 27 Feb 2019 1:57 PM by Dominus
1L9 at lvl 6
Wed 27 Feb 2019 2:01 PM by Bradekes
Everyone has the same opportunity at low levels to get RR on here.. 3L0 on level 30 isnt even a big deal - this server goes up to like 14L9 or something
Wed 27 Feb 2019 2:24 PM by Cwtch
Horus wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 3:18 PM
This is different than the random ganking of grays trying to exp..they are purposely trying to get into the fray.

similar to the way 50s intentionally goto lower level XP spots to gank the grays... even though they get nothing for it... giving RPs for grays is only inviting even more Gray Gankers at XP spots.
Thu 28 Feb 2019 3:07 PM by Horus
Cwtch wrote:
Wed 27 Feb 2019 2:24 PM
Horus wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 3:18 PM

similar to the way 50s intentionally goto lower level XP spots to gank the grays... even though they get nothing for it... giving RPs for grays is only inviting even more Gray Gankers at XP spots.

Well this is why I mentioned the flags. It is getting worse and worse. Grays teleporting into the war zone. Sure they don't do much but they can interrupt, milk RPs, and provide intel...and it probably is affecting the BG population.

Maybe it would be too hard to code but Grays should be worth RPs withing a certain vicinity of teleport flags OR in the enemy frontier.
Thu 28 Feb 2019 3:09 PM by Tree
Time to exclude greys from getting RvR tasks in frontier. Time to give task rewards for BGs.
Thu 28 Feb 2019 3:13 PM by Ceen
Yes the greys at flags are a hassle. I kill every grey in task zone since all they do is steal my ports
Thu 28 Feb 2019 3:23 PM by Afuldan
I got my Shaman to 40 yesterday and started doing tasks. The ARPEE gain isn’t that great really (750) and the XP (just over a bubble) is about the same as I can make soloing yellows for task, but it isn’t efficient either.

I assume if I just aoe dot all the things I’ll get kill credits etc, but its really easy for hib insta amnesia/mes to rupt as a green to 50’s.

No problem with albs, but I think that’s more to do with a troll not being a normal NS target.
Thu 28 Feb 2019 3:29 PM by opossum12
Simple rule : If you can gain RPs, you are worth RPs. If you gain full RPs from tasks, then you are worth full RPs for the others.

So, couple options:

1. Greys get incredibly reduced RPs from task, scaled from 50. Example: lvl 50 gets 100% of task, lvl 40 gets 80%, lvl 30 60% and so on.

2. Grey aren't worth anything until they participate in RvR combat. Then they are flagged as RvR active and are worth full lvl 50 RPs.
Thu 28 Feb 2019 7:37 PM by djegu
Tree wrote:
Thu 28 Feb 2019 3:09 PM
Time to exclude greys from getting RvR tasks in frontier. Time to give task rewards for BGs.

That would be awesome ! go capture Thidranki or defend caledonia, would be awesome.
Thu 28 Feb 2019 8:06 PM by kedelin
Ya Tuesday night on my rm we ran by a fg hib greys xping and waved then got inc from a 50 group and in mid fight I get hit with a 3sec stun from the chanter in the grey group.... needless to say he got his group wiped.. but I support making them worth rps if they gonna attack
Thu 28 Feb 2019 9:06 PM by Kaedius
It sounds like the problem is mostly the fact they are able to interrupt/land spells on purple con players. They are so pathetically easy to kill I don't think they should be worth anything, though.

But a grey shouldn't be able to interrupt a purple con player, and landing a spell should be next to impossible, IMO.
Thu 28 Feb 2019 11:51 PM by cuuchulain79
Tree wrote:

Lol, see post #5.

I wouldn't waste a second of the staffs time programming BG tasks...they're already charming and fun...god forbid people need to earn a few realm points for MCL.

What would the task be...go fight in the BG? I feel like you're obviously just asking for free RP...
Fri 1 Mar 2019 12:58 AM by Tree
cuuchulain79 wrote:
Thu 28 Feb 2019 11:51 PM
Tree wrote:

Lol, see post #5.

I wouldn't waste a second of the staffs time programming BG tasks...they're already charming and fun...god forbid people need to earn a few realm points for MCL.

What would the task be...go fight in the BG? I feel like you're obviously just asking for free RP...

The most annoying thing about this forum is having discussions with people who just refuse to think outside the box and always argue from an unfuriatingly limited field of view.

The current system gives not only free but unbelievably stupid handouts to grey characters. Run into frontier, let yourself be killed, get RP, repeat. Stupid.

This has to go. Period.

BGs are a viable option to shift pre-50 RvR into a meaningful, engaging and fair environment. People should be rewarded and incetivised to use it.

Does that mean free handouts there? No why should it? Its all about the implementation. On a sidenote the current RvR task system gives free handouts and has a bad implementation (see numerous other threads on the forum), but that doesnt mean that the concept of RvR tasks is bad. Staff just has to get it right, same goes for a proper BG task implementation.
Fri 1 Mar 2019 1:43 AM by cuuchulain79
Tree wrote:
Fri 1 Mar 2019 12:58 AM
The most annoying thing about this forum is having discussions with people who just refuse to think outside the box and always argue from an unfuriatingly limited field of view.

The current system gives not only free but unbelievably stupid handouts to grey characters. Run into frontier, let yourself be killed, get RP, repeat. Stupid.

This has to go. Period.

BGs are a viable option to shift pre-50 RvR into a meaningful, engaging and fair environment. People should be rewarded and incetivised to use it.

Does that mean free handouts there? No why should it? Its all about the implementation. On a sidenote the current RvR task system gives free handouts and has a bad implementation (see numerous other threads on the forum), but that doesnt mean that the concept of RvR tasks is bad. Staff just has to get it right, same goes for a proper BG task implementation.

Hmm, had you read post #5, you'd see I agree on the point about greys getting task RP in "50 RvR" (and that I predicted people would start asking for free RP handouts in the BGs )

Maybe it's just my "infuriatingly limited field of view" but asking to turn the fun little BGs in DAoC into (as you say) "a meaningful, engaging and fair environment" just sounds like trying to fix what isn't broke.
Fri 1 Mar 2019 9:46 AM by Cwtch
Kaedius wrote:
Thu 28 Feb 2019 9:06 PM
But a grey shouldn't be able to interrupt a purple con player, and landing a spell should be next to impossible, IMO.

why not? caster spells dont get resisted (all the time) vs purple mobs... neither do other spells.

if a player can dmge or interupt mezz etc etc a purple mob.. they should be able rupt a purple player also (albeit with some lvl range)
Fri 1 Mar 2019 11:07 AM by Raunz
Yes greys need to be worth rps and also if you got negative KDA in task zone you should lose rps not gain, anything to stop people just pressing WWWW and suiciding for task.
Fri 1 Mar 2019 11:31 AM by Sepplord
Raunz wrote:
Fri 1 Mar 2019 11:07 AM
Yes greys need to be worth rps and also if you got negative KDA in task zone you should lose rps not gain, anything to stop people just pressing WWWW and suiciding for task.

a solo losing 8 1vs1-fights and winning one would have a KD-ratio of 0,125

someone in an 8man losing 8 8vs8fights and winning one would have a KD-ratio of 1

someone in a 100people zerg, losing 8 100vs100fights and winning one would have a KD-ratio of 12,5

(abstract i know, realistically most zergers will get kills even when they lose the fight, which would exacerbate their high-KD's even further)

I thought you wanted to discourage zerging? not encourage it even further
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics