RvR bonus OK? what about removnig AFK/town camper from Frontier Population formula?

Started 20 Jul 2021
by thomyg
in Suggestions
Hello,

With the population flows, we see many time RvR bonus poping on different side, often on EU timezone.

With the commands /u and /who [start frontier zone], we can easly compare if the % is real or truncked.

We dont know how the formula is based for RvR Bonus. But it is really annoying when there is 20% or more people who are standing afk in the relic town.

Proposition 1 ) Is it possible to remove AFKs/town camper from Frontier Population calculation for RvR Bonus?

Low population system is a good compensation for people who stay on their heart realm even when people cross the line, but ditn't work well with this beaviour.

Proposition 2) Maybe only teleport people after Xmin of inactivity everywhere in open RvR zone, to the main city without changing the calcul, it's an easier approch?

I think the Majority of people are fine with the actual situation, because they play on the good side of the issue. Killing ennemy on low population is a challange today, more when holidays pop. So we will be gratefull, if you can see a little improvment there.

Thanks for reading!

Seeya!
Thomy
Wed 21 Jul 2021 6:36 AM by Sepplord
when you get annoyed that 20% of the population is AFK in your town, don't forget that there are probably a similar amount of people standing around in the other realms town too...
I am not denying that the bonus is skewed by the AFK-population, but it probably isn't as much as it can seem to be sometimes

excluding the zone doesn't work well, for multiple reasons. For one it is an RvR region itself, and has high active population during relic raids.
But even more, would it often lead to obscure, and even more furstrating situations where people don't get the "correct" bonus. Imagine running with a 30% RP bonus, and finally getting a good fight, just to notice that the enemy zerg just had died and released, which eliminated the bonus to 0% when you won your fight.

Porting people out that are AFK sounds like a better solution, but also has the problem of someone going to a relickeep for a later defense and then deciding to do some chores because the atack won't happen for another half an hour or so. Why shopuld they be ported out?
So you would also have to link that to the relic village only, and i am not sure if that is possible

If the solution becomes complicated and hard to implement anyways, then a bonus depending on peoples current zone (or even better the actual fight) would make more sense, imo
Wed 21 Jul 2021 9:05 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Sepplord wrote: ↑
Wed 21 Jul 2021 6:36 AM
So you would also have to link that to the relic village only, and i am not sure if that is possible

Logic would dictate that if they can designate areas where the /buff macro works, they can designate areas for AFK timed ports. However, this is computer code we're talking about, and 20+ year old code at that, so God only knows.
Wed 21 Jul 2021 9:09 AM by gotwqqd
Sepplord wrote: ↑
Wed 21 Jul 2021 6:36 AM
when you get annoyed that 20% of the population is AFK in your town, don't forget that there are probably a similar amount of people standing around in the other realms town too...
I am not denying that the bonus is skewed by the AFK-population, but it probably isn't as much as it can seem to be sometimes

excluding the zone doesn't work well, for multiple reasons. For one it is an RvR region itself, and has high active population during relic raids.
But even more, would it often lead to obscure, and even more furstrating situations where people don't get the "correct" bonus. Imagine running with a 30% RP bonus, and finally getting a good fight, just to notice that the enemy zerg just had died and released, which eliminated the bonus to 0% when you won your fight.

Porting people out that are AFK sounds like a better solution, but also has the problem of someone going to a relickeep for a later defense and then deciding to do some chores because the atack won't happen for another half an hour or so. Why shopuld they be ported out?

If the solution becomes complicated and hard to implement anyways, then a bonus depending on peoples current zone (or even better the actual fight) would make more sense, imo
I’ve always felt Mids by far have the most town campers both in raw numbers and % wise.

Hibs pikers seem to be the fewest.
Wed 21 Jul 2021 10:26 AM by thomyg
For me, if you are active in RvR, your are not sleeping more than 10min in relic towns. Even after a general /rel of the bg.

I totaly understand the issue for teleporting someone from a relic keep to an other zone and he loose the oportuinitie to defend when the keep is engage, in my opinion, one more time, people who are afk in a keeep, they are not active, so they dont participate.

the bonus system must be sexy and fair to keep the population balance. im right?
Wed 21 Jul 2021 12:07 PM by dougrighteous1
one of the many things that needed to be addressed over a year ago that the devs just ignored. they're above most of us idiots so they know whats best
Wed 21 Jul 2021 12:59 PM by inoeth
who are mids/hibs/als in the first place? i play all three realms

/vote for remove all boni
Wed 21 Jul 2021 2:34 PM by Sepplord
inoeth wrote: ↑
Wed 21 Jul 2021 12:59 PM
who are mids/hibs/als in the first place? i play all three realms

/vote for remove all boni

wierd logic there though

If everyone just played one realm then the boni would actually not make a difference and could be removed
The more people there are that play all realms, the more important systems are that give people a reason to not just log into the "winning" realm
So why do you open up with the statement that you play all realms, and then conclue that to removing all bonus as your vote?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics