is this really allowd?

Started 16 Jul 2021
by inoeth
in Ask the Team
someone posted this recently in discord:

imo that is problematical because this has nothing to do with just a bad mechanic and therefore something convenient, but it is an actual advantage because of the reactiontime which is actually circumvented.

i like to hear a statement is this is really allowed or is this something the staff had not though about yet?
Fri 16 Jul 2021 8:17 PM by Kurbsen
why wouldnt it be allowed? no delays or anything have to be used to accomplish that.. its essentially the same as spamming nearest target and pa/bs button yourself. (have pa/bs on mouse, and tab neargest target.. you can prob get it somewhat close to having it all in one button if you practice it). pretty standard way of setting up qbinds in mmos these days
Fri 16 Jul 2021 8:26 PM by Noashakra
first, I would not listen to this person, he more often than not fails his PA, and "the game becoming boring" might be because he vanishes 100% of the time and can't kill shit. Spamming nearest ennemy is a supid idea, because if not in the right angle you will wiff.
Second, try to make nearest ennemy and see how your computer react
Fri 16 Jul 2021 8:27 PM by inoeth
Kurbsen wrote:
Fri 16 Jul 2021 8:17 PM
why wouldnt it be allowed? no delays or anything have to be used to accomplish that.. its essentially the same as spamming nearest target and pa/bs button yourself. (have pa/bs on mouse, and tab neargest target.. you can prob get it somewhat close to having it all in one button if you practice it). pretty standard way of setting up qbinds in mmos these days

no its is actually not the same
naturally you always have some kind of delay while pushing buttons and with macros you can basicly push pa and bs the same time which would lead to both styles work. if you have to push it manually it depennds if you click the right one first, otherwise the wrong one would fail.

at this point i am not quite sure if that is even possible, that the client is able to activate 2 styles at once, but otherwise the quoted statements would not really make sense, do they?
Fri 16 Jul 2021 8:31 PM by inoeth
Noashakra wrote:
Fri 16 Jul 2021 8:26 PM
first, I would not listen to this person, he more often than not fails his PA, and "the game becoming boring" might be because he vanishes 100% of the time and can't kill shit. Spamming nearest ennemy is a supid idea, because if not in the right angle you will wiff.
Second, try to make nearest ennemy and see how your computer react

i feel you, however besides the person, i still think this is an unfair tool and i like to hear a statement from an official.
Fri 16 Jul 2021 11:24 PM by Astaa
Bads use AHK, AHK is completely legal.

End of message.
Sat 17 Jul 2021 1:10 AM by Irkeno
You spam Nearest enemy (just hold it down and run around) watch how slow your computer runs.

Just put all 3 keys near each other

Tab Nearest Target
1, or Q or A for PA for example and then 2, W or S for Backstab.

Tab+either button is pretty much as fast as that if needed.

If you inc at a weird angle you want to do

Tab + Quick mouseflick + then PA when at the correct angle.
Sat 17 Jul 2021 2:32 AM by Irkeno
inoeth wrote:
Fri 16 Jul 2021 8:27 PM
naturally you always have some kind of delay while pushing buttons and with macros you can basicly push pa and bs the same time which would lead to both styles work. if you have to push it manually it depennds if you click the right one first, otherwise the wrong one would fail.

at this point i am not quite sure if that is even possible, that the client is able to activate 2 styles at once, but otherwise the quoted statements would not really make sense, do they?

Not true. You can quite reliably hit two buttons at the same time on keyboards, enough to even queue positional+anytime on an opening style in combat.

Try it on a dummy. Press 1+2 down together at same time and theyll queue correctly.

This is why keyboards have that protective ten key rollover feature now as well.

Small note. The ‘earliest’ key in terms of sequence needs to be the positional and latter needs to be anytime.

1=positional
2=anytime

Not sure why, think its something about daoc code. But two commands received at exactly the same time, for some reason fires in sequence in that manner. F5 before f6 for example.
Sat 17 Jul 2021 3:11 AM by Nephamael
imo that is problematical because this has nothing to do with just a bad mechanic and therefore something convenient, but it is an actual advantage because of the reactiontime which is actually circumvented.

I spam next enemy manually, but only at round about 50 apm constantly and maybe 120-150 apm in high risk zones.

However i only perf/backstab, when the enemy is actually in a good angle and my front vs front PArate is also significanly above 60%.

AHK gives you advantages, but you can play as well as AHK or better than it does, it just requires more skill manually.

Landing PAs is mainly about perceptive play and only secondarily about reaction time.
Sat 17 Jul 2021 6:57 AM by inoeth
Irkeno wrote:
Sat 17 Jul 2021 2:32 AM
inoeth wrote:
Fri 16 Jul 2021 8:27 PM

Not true. You can quite reliably hit two buttons at the same time on keyboards, enough to even queue positional+anytime on an opening style in combat.

Try it on a dummy. Press 1+2 down together at same time and theyll queue correctly.

This is why keyboards have that protective ten key rollover feature now as well.

Small note. The ‘earliest’ key in terms of sequence needs to be the positional and latter needs to be anytime.

1=positional
2=anytime

Not sure why, think its something about daoc code. But two commands received at exactly the same time, for some reason fires in sequence in that manner. F5 before f6 for example.

thats an old story, i was talking about queueing with two positionals in the first combat round. as soon as you click a styl it instantly gets executed, so normally it should not be possible to queue another style there. hence AHK would give an edge there if that is really possible with it.

i also run around constantly pressing "next enemy" with my fingers on my openers, but sometimes it feels like the enemy pa is coming out of nowhere...
Sat 17 Jul 2021 6:59 AM by inoeth
Astaa wrote:
Fri 16 Jul 2021 11:24 PM
Bads use AHK, AHK is completely legal.

End of message.

the fact that is legal atm does not mean we can not talk about it

end of message?
Sat 17 Jul 2021 7:07 AM by Astaa
Sarcasm
Sat 17 Jul 2021 8:00 AM by Noashakra
Don't know how it's unfair advantage when it's actually hurting you more than the normal way to use AHK this way.
Sat 17 Jul 2021 12:02 PM by Irkeno
inoeth wrote:
Sat 17 Jul 2021 6:57 AM
thats an old story, i was talking about queueing with two positionals in the first combat round. as soon as you click a styl it instantly gets executed, so normally it should not be possible to queue another style there. hence AHK would give an edge there if that is really possible with it.

i also run around constantly pressing "next enemy" with my fingers on my openers, but sometimes it feels like the enemy pa is coming out of nowhere...

I meant exactly that. The OPENING STYLE, first combat round. Try pressing front+side at same time on a test dummy. Its very doable without ahk.

Overall, what Noa said. Doing this kinda ahk will lead to more misses than hits though. Manually adjusting for PA based on their position in relation to you is always better. Check Tani’s old vids most PAs werent /stick they were mouseflick.

11:20 here. The last 5 of the mini montage in a row where you see a flick instead of stick to prevent stick causing a weird angle. Theres another PA montage in that vid somewhere too. Same thing.
https://youtu.be/-7cQP3LnzQU

Frontarc is weird, you have to have your frontarc facing their frontarc so you can sometimes kinda be at a 90degree angle to them yourself but as long as you’re facing their frontarc you’ll hit PA.

1 button ahk /stick PA aint gonna fix that for you.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics