Scouts practically have melee immunity.

Started 10 Jul 2021
by Xrystofer
in Suggestions
There's no other class that is as frustrating to fight against as scouts. You purge their slam and they immediately root you for more than 10 seconds. Their root is very overturned. I don't even understand why they get root in the first place. Why do they get 2 CC abilities when the two other classes have none?

A snared/diseased scout can get away easily from his target without even using any actives. Just slam and root and you get away. Other classes have to use active abilities to get away (vanish and sos).

Not even a Minstrel with purge/sos/IP frustrates me as much as a scout just slamming and rooting me. I have ZERO counterplay for this. Please remove this BS ability to root people without immunity.
Sat 10 Jul 2021 3:31 PM by gotwqqd
The root should be 4 or 5 seconds
Personally I wish they would take it away and up scout bow damage and have the 45 shield style no root but offensive damage with a snare and tohit bonus
Sat 10 Jul 2021 5:16 PM by Astaa
Working as designed and intended. The root (it might as well be a root...) should at the very least be positional. Realistically, it should be removed.
Sat 10 Jul 2021 6:11 PM by hachetay
Ok but it does almost no dmg in melee and less dmg in bow than the other archers because no buff no add dmg no pet no double weapon/two hand
Sat 10 Jul 2021 11:00 PM by Noashakra
hachetay wrote:
Sat 10 Jul 2021 6:11 PM
Ok but it does almost no dmg in melee and less dmg in bow than the other archers because no buff no add dmg no pet no double weapon/two hand

In fact, especially since the melee range nerf, it makes scout able to kite 2/3 persons.
No other archer can do this.
Sat 10 Jul 2021 11:50 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Noashakra wrote:
Sat 10 Jul 2021 11:00 PM
In fact, especially since the melee range nerf, it makes scout able to kite 2/3 persons.

If only Rangers (frontal CD style) and Hunters (anytime spear) had an easy to land snare they could use to kite. Alas, they totally don't have one at all. Because no other archer can kite. Only Scouts.
Sun 11 Jul 2021 12:23 AM by Hodge
Why not change the 45 style into and two part anytime chain where 40 starts it. That would make it compare to hunter.
Sun 11 Jul 2021 2:18 AM by tefla
Xrystofer wrote:
Sat 10 Jul 2021 2:31 PM
There's no other class that is as frustrating to fight against as scouts. You purge their slam and they immediately root you for more than 10 seconds. Their root is very overturned. I don't even understand why they get root in the first place. Why do they get 2 CC abilities when the two other classes have none?

A snared/diseased scout can get away easily from his target without even using any actives. Just slam and root and you get away. Other classes have to use active abilities to get away (vanish and sos).

Not even a Minstrel with purge/sos/IP frustrates me as much as a scout just slamming and rooting me. I have ZERO counterplay for this. Please remove this BS ability to root people without immunity.

Don't purge the slam. Purge the snare, problem sloved right there
Sun 11 Jul 2021 10:07 AM by Noashakra
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sat 10 Jul 2021 11:50 PM
Noashakra wrote:
Sat 10 Jul 2021 11:00 PM

If only Rangers (frontal CD style) and Hunters (anytime spear) had an easy to land snare they could use to kite. Alas, they totally don't have one at all. Because no other archer can kite. Only Scouts.

The difference is that the scouts have a shield + slam to avoid being peeled back and manage 2/3 people. On top, the others snares are 60%, not 90% like stop. So if you peel them back, they will get away anyway, unlike rangers or hunters. You paper daoc isn't that strong.

Don't purge the slam. Purge the snare, problem sloved right there

So take crit shot, and a stop just after and get kitted, purge the stop without immunity and get a second stop to get kitted anyway.
10/10 advice
Sun 11 Jul 2021 1:10 PM by Pao
Back after a long break and player still cry about this.

Scout would have no chance at all without this style and still scouts are easy targets with the style. I don't see why this needs a nerf.
Sun 11 Jul 2021 2:05 PM by Astaa
Because scouts can be pretty much unkillable thanks to a stupid anytime snare style. It needs removing or made into a reactive or positional.
Mon 12 Jul 2021 7:37 AM by inoeth
purge stun, get stop, let the scout run, use dd charge or any other ranged ability.

not sure why ppl cry over it. is it annoying? yes. are scouts unkillable? no not at all. personally i think stop is kind of a noob trap, good players dont care but at least scouts can deal with bad players with that.
Mon 12 Jul 2021 10:57 AM by Tashkent
inoeth wrote:
Mon 12 Jul 2021 7:37 AM
purge stun, get stop, let the scout run, use dd charge or any other ranged ability.
And not do enough pressure while your immunity runs out. The combination with a long duration anytime stun is problematic. At least I can bail out of those fights (sorry Watika /hug).
Mon 12 Jul 2021 3:51 PM by Noashakra
Scout has access to feather proc bow with dot, with better range than the normal weapon procs (2000 vs 1500 unit from memory for the proc rang), and rangers/hunter don't have access to this proc)
They just have to go at 1800 / 2000 range and you can't rupt them anymore with your charge / instant when they shoot, and the dot does the job while they kite.
If they are in bad shape, they can restealth and reposition or disengage.
Remove this style (or change it like a normal snare or with an immunity) or give them other tools (special arrows, better melee styles, etc)
Tue 13 Jul 2021 6:52 AM by inoeth
idk man this really sounds like paper daoc... i have zero problems beating scouts (except skairipia, but he is more a tank than a scout )
but i only play other archers and assassins, sometimes hybrid tanks... all classes with either ranged attacks or snares
Tue 13 Jul 2021 9:42 AM by easytoremember
Noashakra wrote:
Mon 12 Jul 2021 3:51 PM
Scout has access to feather proc bow with dot, with better range than the normal weapon procs (2000 vs 1500 unit from memory for the proc rang), and rangers/hunter don't have access to this proc)
what's the name of this bow?

Noashakra wrote:
Mon 12 Jul 2021 3:51 PM
They just have to go at 1800 / 2000 range and you can't rupt them anymore with your charge / instant when they shoot, and the dot does the job while they kite.
If they are in bad shape, they can restealth and reposition or disengage.
If they're shooting you from 1800 you should be running the opposite direction. The shield snare does not put 1800 units between you. There is absolutely nothing to prevent you from escaping a scout at range. Then again the damage of their shots and the time spent preparing them isn't much a threat in the first place
Tue 13 Jul 2021 3:53 PM by chois
None bows feathers with dot, debuff s/c 5.3 and the 2 others are charges d/q 50 and regen endo 1
Tue 13 Jul 2021 5:35 PM by Noashakra
"If they're shooting you from 1800 you should be running the opposite direction. The shield snare does not put 1800 units between you. There is absolutely nothing to prevent you from escaping a scout at range. Then again the damage of their shots and the time spent preparing them isn't much a threat in the first place"

I agree with that but it not something you can do 100% of the time. If you get a crit shot, you got out of a fight and IP isn't up, the dot can do the job and snare you because you fall under 30%. It depends on many factors.

And sorry I was wrong, it was a post 1.65 change and it was a DD.
https://camelot.allakhazam.com/item.html?citem=6248
Wed 21 Jul 2021 7:56 PM by Bry
Don't forget this Stop style was an Old Frontiers RA that is a custom addition to the scout shield spec on this server. It shouldn't exist period. No other classes have a custom OF RA built into their kit for no realm ability point cost.
Wed 21 Jul 2021 9:27 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Bry wrote:
Wed 21 Jul 2021 7:56 PM
No other classes have a custom OF RA built into their kit for no realm ability point cost.

Except for every dual wielder on the server.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics