Make a fresh server?

Started 27 Feb 2021
by Qrazey
in Suggestions
Make a new server? that will get alot of the new and old people a feeling of starting over. Which alot of people like. and then maybe make it merge with main cluster in 6 month/1 year?
Sat 27 Feb 2021 10:37 PM by ExcretusMaximus
You may satisfy some of the roll-over junkies, but you'll anger and drive off a lot of the player base as well. Would it result in a net gain? Maybe, but if they left once, why do we think they would stick around a second time?
Tue 2 Mar 2021 2:39 AM by boho
Qrazey wrote:
Sat 27 Feb 2021 8:56 PM
Make a new server? that will get alot of the new and old people a feeling of starting over. Which alot of people like. and then maybe make it merge with main cluster in 6 month/1 year?
I think the Level Playing Field events mostly accomplish the “seasonal” server idea pretty well.
Thu 4 Mar 2021 5:07 PM by Reklewt
boho wrote:
Tue 2 Mar 2021 2:39 AM
Qrazey wrote:
Sat 27 Feb 2021 8:56 PM
I think the Level Playing Field events mostly accomplish the “seasonal” server idea pretty well.

I can see that, however, for me, Level Playing Field event really misses the mark in a few ways:

1. Most importantly, it eliminates my options. Everyone is basically funneled into the event, so if you don't want to do the event, you can basically... PvE Farm by yourself I guess? If I choose to do the event, I can't solo because it's frustrating getting run over again and again, and if I don't want to form a premade because I don't prefer to play in that way, I basically might as well not play?
2. Additionally, it kills RvR after the event for a few weeks due to the contrast of the playing event (constant action) and what actual DAoC is (traveling, picking a fight, burst of action, travel more, burst of action, etc).

I don't know that a full reset is the answer, but I think it's getting to the point where that is worth speaking about. If we think about the fresh start of Phoenix, there were SO many people, and it was such a fun time. Clearly I still think it's fun today since I still play, but we have lost a significant portion of the initial population to natural causes (boredom, frustration with changes, etc). A fresh server may give the server that *more* permanent boon it needs. An RR reset may do that. I don't know.
Thu 4 Mar 2021 6:10 PM by Arkeon
Reklewt wrote:
Thu 4 Mar 2021 5:07 PM
but we have lost a significant portion of the initial population to natural causes (boredom, frustration with changes, etc).

A big chunk can be found in the ban section of the forum
Thu 4 Mar 2021 6:11 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Arkeon wrote:
Thu 4 Mar 2021 6:10 PM

Good, if you can't follow the extremely easy to follow rules of this server, you don't deserve to play on it.
Thu 4 Mar 2021 6:15 PM by Arkeon
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Thu 4 Mar 2021 6:11 PM
Arkeon wrote:
Thu 4 Mar 2021 6:10 PM

Good, if you can't follow the extremely easy to follow rules of this server, you don't deserve to play on it.

UP, what I mean is that resetting the server while keeping the banned list would result in roughly the same population so is useless
Fri 5 Mar 2021 9:46 AM by gruenesschaf
Arkeon wrote:
Thu 4 Mar 2021 6:15 PM
UP, what I mean is that resetting the server while keeping the banned list would result in roughly the same population so is useless

Less than 5% of accounts have ever incurred any kind of infraction, that includes multi accounts.
Fri 5 Mar 2021 3:07 PM by Taln
Wouldn't be a bad idea to have seasons where the realm rank would reset after let's say 8/12 months but after each season you bring with you something like a special ability/title/skin if you did well and accomplished high realm ranks in the previous one. Obviously no server wipe with the need to start all over again pve wise, the event has already removed that gap between people that lvled at the begin of the server and new people starting fresh.
Fri 5 Mar 2021 3:30 PM by borodino1812
The playerbase is too small to sustain two servers. I think it would be better to apply the rp bonus from the event to regular RvR, with a cap at RR6 or so. That would give new players a leg-up, and allow rerolls to get up to speed.
Fri 5 Mar 2021 5:32 PM by msitruk
borodino1812 wrote:
Fri 5 Mar 2021 3:30 PM
The playerbase is too small to sustain two servers. I think it would be better to apply the rp bonus from the event to regular RvR, with a cap at RR6 or so. That would give new players a leg-up, and allow rerolls to get up to speed.

Agree with that make low rr REALLY more faster.
Sat 13 Mar 2021 9:48 PM by 2flare
How about reset a new server AND with OF.

I am willing to bet 100% the the NF server will die! Lets make a bet...
Sat 13 Mar 2021 11:31 PM by Hector
Please help NA time 8v8. Our action has dwindled pretty badly and it's at the point now where if one more group were to theoretically stop playing it would start a terrible death spiral of all NA 8v8 action. I understand the numbers may look internally as though the situation isn't so bad but unfortunately that action seems largely centered around zerg play. Please consider making a change or fresh server or restart, etc., to help reinvigorate groups to come back
Sat 13 Mar 2021 11:35 PM by gotwqqd
Hector wrote:
Sat 13 Mar 2021 11:31 PM
Please help NA time 8v8. Our action has dwindled pretty badly and it's at the point now where if one more group were to theoretically stop playing it would start a terrible death spiral of all NA 8v8 action. I understand the numbers may look internally as though the situation isn't so bad but unfortunately that action seems largely centered around zerg play. Please consider making a change or fresh server or restart, etc., to help reinvigorate groups to come back
Why would they come back?
Sun 14 Mar 2021 3:36 AM by MacesB
I think seasons would make the most sense E.g. everyone above rr5 gets reset to rr5 every half year or so, id prefer even faster.

It is also thematically very fitting for Phoenix.
Wed 17 Mar 2021 8:49 PM by Beeblebrox
I am really not interested in "seasons". I have limited RVR time so it has taken me a long time to get to RR7. I would almost always be right around RR5 with seasons.

I would be interested in another server with new ruleset perhaps some of the classes we don't have. However, unless it brought in a lot of new players, there would be a pop problem worse than the one we have. I doubt it would attract that many.

I really think it is a shame the devs didn't go ahead with their plans to upgrade classes to closer to live. Might have lost some people but might have gained more. The way it is now feels like a protracted death of the server.
Fri 19 Mar 2021 3:47 PM by Enyore
Love the idea of a fresh start....

But please dont wipe the banlist as suggested - there is a reason ppl get banned!
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics