Kobold sniper hunter....best spec combo for damage?

Started 30 Nov 2020
by gotwqqd
in Midgard
I’ll be going minimum of 45 archery/40BS

But what, if anyone has tested is better?
50 Archery/40BS
45Archery/50BS

Also I assume MoArcane isn’t needed @ 50BS for quick cap....but how much more damage(dex) does it deliver?
I’m 49 right now with MoA 2 /40BS and it seems I may hit quick cap without it....not entirely sure.....
Sat 5 Dec 2020 8:40 PM by daytonchambers
As a kobo with nothing in qui for starting stats I have capped qui with the lv 40 D/Q buff and aug qui 1

50 BC just for the red D/Q costs an insane number of points for 12 more dex. Not worth it IMO.

Take BC to 43 for the red boost and call it a day
Sat 5 Dec 2020 9:08 PM by gotwqqd
daytonchambers wrote:
Sat 5 Dec 2020 8:40 PM
As a kobo with nothing in qui for starting stats I have capped qui with the lv 40 D/Q buff and aug qui 1

50 BC just for the red D/Q costs an insane number of points for 12 more dex. Not worth it IMO.

Take BC to 43 for the red boost and call it a day
Yes I confirm this ... no aug on creation and you are 4 from cap with BC 40 buff

MoArcane is pointless for hunter...terrible return
Instead spend on aug stat

I came to same conclusion
Mon 7 Dec 2020 1:30 AM by daytonchambers
Siouxsie wrote:
Sun 6 Dec 2020 12:35 PM
Aug dex is good for damage for both spear AND bow, but I think it has diminishing returns.
(For example over 320-330 dex, you don't see much of a big difference in damage and you'll be capped for evade anyway)

Even though my Hunter is heavily specced for bow use I still enjoy a little benefit from AugDex with the spear as you mentioned, which is nice.

I took it to 5 since after that the investment really was not worth the added points IMO, largely for the reasons you mentioned. 40 d/q buff + AugDex V + Kobo +15 start stats and I'm at about 338 dex when potted.

My current snipe spec at r5 is 35st 22spear 49bow 43BC, yeah I could go 19spear 50bow but that would leave a bunch of points unused and my OCD wouldn't allow it. I really love that red speed because when you add sprint to it you're in speed 5+ territory and can often keep distance from speed6 classes long enough to re-stealth after gunning then running.

Sure, I'm food if I get caught in melee, But I was losing 90% of the time when I had 39-44 spear anyways, so I decided to just go all in
Sun 20 Dec 2020 12:30 PM by johneyde
Best Bow Damage is 45 Bow and 50 BM for sure. I tested so many different speccs and races so Valkyn is Masterrace in my opinion for best overall stats and resistances.

Buff * 1,2
40 BM gives you 78 DEX / QUI
50 BM gives you 93 DEX / QUI

50 BM + Dex9 + 15 Starter Stats = 379 DEX (Kobold)
50 BM + Dex9 + 15 Starter Stats = 374 DEX (Valkyn)
Mon 21 Dec 2020 10:09 AM by Kevan89
daytonchambers wrote:
Mon 7 Dec 2020 1:30 AM
Sure, I'm food if I get caught in melee, But I was losing 90% of the time when I had 39-44 spear anyways, so I decided to just go all in
This is what I'm noticing as well, seems really no point to go for 39 spear as rarely you may out damage any other class in melee (bow ranger exception).
Sat 26 Dec 2020 11:38 AM by Siouxsie
Melee hunter is kind of a waste now, with assassins being stupidly overpowered on this server.
I have played all kinds of specs, from 50 spear, 27 bow... to 50 bow, 27 spear... have tried sword spec + norse,
have tried dwarf + spear.. kobold seems best for the dex boost.

I think sniper spec is the best bet though, because let's face it.. hunter is not a solo character. You won't win vs
most classes anyway so really the only way you can get rps is adding.
Sat 26 Dec 2020 2:17 PM by johneyde
Siouxsie wrote:
Sat 26 Dec 2020 11:38 AM
Melee hunter is kind of a waste now, with assassins being stupidly overpowered on this server.
I have played all kinds of specs, from 50 spear, 27 bow... to 50 bow, 27 spear... have tried sword spec + norse,

I think sniper spec is the best bet though, because let's face it.. hunter is not a solo character. You won't win vs

Yeah there is no 2H Bonus for Spear, but i dont understand why assasins are allowed and kill you sometimes in like 10-15 seconds?
And why are our pet shit as fuck? And why we only get 5.0 bows and not 5.5?
Questions over questions

but back to topic i would go like this with rr5:

45 bow , 50 bm , 35 stealth, 15 spear

dex 4/5 , archery 4/3 , ip 3 , purge 2
Sat 26 Dec 2020 2:42 PM by Tashkent
Why IP 3 when you're losing in melee anyway? You could bump purge to 3 to get away, also FA makes more sense to me in this case.
I agree with the notion that below rr5 you won't kill much with melee so better go all in with bow.
Sat 16 Jan 2021 12:21 PM by Dakkhon
Well I hit RR5 and I have to say I like my hybrid spec. Its 36 Stealth, 39 spear, 36 Archery and 43 BC. Havent respec yet and dont think I need to right now. I have done well on casters just like sniper spec hunters, maybe not as fast but I kill them. As far as sins and other melee its 50/50 IF I play it right from the start. Kiting and position are key to victories but if caught and surprised....yeah. I like the damage the spear does and the pet hits hard depending on target and if self buffed. I mean 150+ on a caster with my damage bow or melee or even a sin can add up. Play to your liking but I really enjoy and have had success on my hunter so far. Again mainly play to your strengths and know your enemy. That's 75% of the fight right there. Using your pet is also key imo. Knowing when to cast and buff him (and yes buff makes a difference) and attack is just as important. Knowing when to release him so he doesnt unstealth you when he gets hit and you want to stay hidden etc....all these things make it fun and gets you RP's. Most importantly have fun. I am no expert on hunter but I have never had this much fun. I wish the disease was live here for pet

I left my scout at RR7 because its just pointless now to play him. I was doing the same damage at RR2 on my hunter with this spec as my RR7 scout. The damage nerf was to hard. Hunters where untouched so here I am and I love it. I have self buffs and sped less RA's to get the same stats on scout and do better.
Mon 21 Jun 2021 6:04 PM by iscrow
johneyde wrote:
Sat 26 Dec 2020 2:17 PM
Siouxsie wrote:
Sat 26 Dec 2020 11:38 AM

Yeah there is no 2H Bonus for Spear, but i dont understand why assasins are allowed and kill you sometimes in like 10-15 seconds?
And why are our pet shit as fuck? And why we only get 5.0 bows and not 5.5?
Questions over questions

but back to topic i would go like this with rr5:

45 bow , 50 bm , 35 stealth, 15 spear

dex 4/5 , archery 4/3 , ip 3 , purge 2

I just do some tests at 4L6 with the cap gloves and Tuscar bow

On the one hand:

Archery 50
BC 43 (red speed)
Stealth 40 (i dont realy care for melee, im dead anyway and with 40 sometimes I can see them coming before they get me. It save me several times)

RA:
ADex 5
FE 5 (some luris die on 2-4 shots)
MoA 2
Purgue 2 (to purge on walls or so)

Dex 305 with yellow buf

Damage with crit fire: 494

On the other hand:

Archery 45
BC 50 (red dex/quick)
Stealth 35 (not rr5 just test so)

RA: same

Dex 320 with red buf

Damage with crit fire: 476

Will stay with first one, maybe it change damage at rr5. Dunno.
Mon 21 Jun 2021 8:10 PM by inoeth
cookie cutter hunter spec for rr5 is

44 spear
35 stealth
42 bc
31 bow
8 sword

with that you are able to kill most classes
with growing rr lower stealth and up bow

ah forgot: dwarf is the race to choose!
Tue 22 Jun 2021 8:15 PM by Siouxsie
Sniper hunter is not viable on Phoenix. Believe me, I've tried.
The damage still sucks at 50 bow 50 beast.. Falcon's eye is badly broken too.
I've tried it all. Melee hunter you at least have a chance vs who you're fighting
(unless it's an assassin in which case you're pretty much f*cked)
Fri 9 Jul 2021 11:59 AM by Dakkhon
Melee Hunter is where its at. You have a much better chance against sins imo as well.2H sword or Spear. The damage is pretty good and yes your pet can make all the difference if used right. You still have to know your targets and play smart. I have tried so many diff variations on my hunters. I have 2 lol. Crit shot here is borked so your damage is crap and regular shot is ok but you have to really get that Dex up imo. FE is pure shyte and MoA is meh. Now that you cant really hit anyone in a group because they have just 1 tank well thats another nerf to sniper imo. Now you really have to choose your target even more carefully and you still may not ever hit anyone. But.....I love my archers and I will stick by all the dev nerfs due to crying about archers. It's my mission to piss these groups bitching about these archer groups which I have yet to see but maybe I should start making them and not solo. At this point I say either everyone roll hib archers and or group up for real and just start 1 shotting healers and casters with a group of 8 archers lol. Its like a regular group in RVR....except you have only one chance to kill your target and hope they dont spot you. One mezz and your done though. Unless you roll with a zerg....then....get my point lol? Good hunting all.
Mon 12 Jul 2021 2:13 PM by Rov
I'm running 40 archery, 40 beastcraft, 39 spear, 35 stealth at rr5 and i am very happy with it.

Just gonna drop 1 stealth at rr6 and put it into archery i guess.

Would be great with the 44 spear style + weaponskill increase, but i dont want to sacrifice too much in bow damage for now.

RR8 ill probably go 35 archery, 44 spear, 32 stealth, 42 bc and try that out to be a lil more tanky, kinda like the rapid fire for quick rupts.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics