Can we talk about Hib Amnesia?

Started 31 Jan 2019
by phixion
in RvR
Mon 18 Feb 2019 1:24 PM by Ceen
#35105
Ok 1875 range might be enough QQ
Mon 18 Feb 2019 2:27 PM by MiNDmaZing
#35145
Yes pleas reduce the range, it is really overpowered.
Mon 18 Feb 2019 4:21 PM by dansari
#35208
Tritri wrote:
Mon 18 Feb 2019 10:49 AM
Amnesia doesn't help running away, it helps catching up

Thank you for helping to prove the point.
Wed 20 Feb 2019 2:21 AM by pseudoethic
#35789
dansari wrote:
Mon 18 Feb 2019 6:01 AM
pseudoethic wrote:
Mon 18 Feb 2019 4:12 AM
Thought of an easy one: don't engage in an open field battle with a hib group without your instas up, or learn how to position yourself. If willing to clash, learn how to use line of sight to your advantage or adapt a scatter strategy. This embarrassingly whiny, self-indulgent need to call for a nerf because you can't figure out how albs and mids learned to fight hibs over a decade ago (with a spell that was never modified since the game released) should and will be ignored.

That's cute. "Just don't engage the 2300 insta amnesia." Please invite me to your utopia where we all play on flat ground with full knowledge of every opposing group. Your petulant dismissal shows how you truly fail to grasp any semblance of the issue, and your "hurr durr" live argument fails to acknowledge any and all other changes that have been made to the game since 2001 via creating a strawman about how "no changes have been made" to this specific, egregious imbalance over time. To catch a Hib group, the range is 1500 for Alb/Mid. When Hibs catch a group, the range is 2300. So in pure engagements alone, Hib range advantage is 53% better than Alb or Mid. Their effective safe zone gives them a giant buffer. It is in essence like Hib is playing an assassin and Alb and Mid are both playing ranged stealthers, where Hib has ample opportunity to choose the fights they want to engage in, and they don't need to worry about retaliation at the same range from the opposition.

If you had any self-reflection skill at all you wouldn't use "petulant" to describe a counterpoint while simultaneously whining in every post you make. Secondly, you have misconstrued "strawman" enough times to bother anybody who knows what that actually means. What you're arguing is to not have to adapt to the range of hibs amnesia because you don't want to have to run away sooner than when engaging a battle with albs or mids. It is a terrible argument, was understood from the beginning and I'll reiterate the reason this should be ignored is because even years ago people learned how to run away and engage the battle on their own terms as a counter. It is simple, you see hibs, don't run into the group that is willing to fight you within 2300 units. No changes had to be made to the spell, because the only change needed was one in strategy. The variables of whether instas and RA's are up only favor you against your bolt-range amnesia boogeyman. You can do it. Most successful mid and albs groups do this and they aren't complaining about amnesia when they lose because their driver failed to react.

Also, this "hurr durr, edgy pseudo-intellectual witty remark, muh cognitive dissonance" doesn't add anything argumentative and only shows you are being emotional instead of rational. Just relax, I know losing is hard, but it should teach you how to win.
Wed 20 Feb 2019 7:20 AM by Calad
#35840
Instant speed, incredibly short recast time, 2300 range, puts stealthers in combat (can't stealth when i get those little blue dots above me), and "breaks" speed song.

Yeah, this needs to be tuned just a little bit
Fri 22 Feb 2019 3:08 AM by Kaozium
#36656
dudis wrote:
Tue 12 Feb 2019 10:13 AM
Amnesia makes you "forget" what you were doing. If you are casting a spell, you are not actually interrupted, but rather you finish the animation but dont actually cast the spell. You can immediately start casting again.

It drops speed because you "forget" the NEXT tick of the chant/song. Thats why you get the delay before it breaks. Im not sure if you can just cancel and then play speed again to get the next tick anyways.

Let me know if I'm just remembering amnesias interraction with pusling spells incorrectly.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, only the musician is casting the song. And amnesia will break speed on anyone affected. You can't really forget what you're not casting, here you get the speed applied to you by another member of the group. What you say about amnesia is true but I think the speed break is a special case, and there is a delay because otherwise instant amnesia would be too strong for breaking speed considering its range.
Fri 22 Feb 2019 1:12 PM by Hector
#36814
No need to nerf amnesia. This is a core mechanic available to Hib and should not be changed. I see a trend on these forums where players think that just because an ability is really good it should be nerfed, yet all 3 realms have unique abilities that are "overpowered". Sorc has boltrange mezz should we change that too? Savage has highest raw dps should we change that too? Healer can mezz root stun should we change that too?
Fri 22 Feb 2019 4:13 PM by Llaw
#36896
Some simple scenarios:

Problem #1: I am getting chased down and killed by Hib groups when I run small man, because of amnesia.

Answer #1: Then get more people? Nobody is forcing you to play small man. If you do, accept that you're a small man, and you'll get bullied by bigger groups.

Problem #2: I am getting chased down and killed by Hib groups, when our groups are the same size, because of amnesia.

Answer #2: Then get better.

Problem #3 (hopefully hypothetical): I am getting chased down and killed by Hib groups, even if their numbers are lower than ours, because of amnesia.

Answer #3: Then the problem isn't amnesia. It's you (and your small man). Now we've covered all three possible scenarios and in none of them, you can blame amnesia for losing.

I understand that fighting foes that are a challenge is annoying, but that's life. You can't just run around with your small man, ganking soloers, levelers or adding on stuff with the zerg for your whole life. If that is how you want to play this game, then lmao.

Before you start blaming in-game mechanics that has existed in the game for almost 20 years, ask yourself why the mechanic has existed for almost 20 years.

Can't believe there's somebody who is actually running small mans in 2019 and complaining about getting speed broken by insta-amnesia.

YIKES.
Fri 22 Feb 2019 6:12 PM by dansari
#36953
pseudoethic wrote:
Wed 20 Feb 2019 2:21 AM
dansari wrote:
Mon 18 Feb 2019 6:01 AM
pseudoethic wrote:
Mon 18 Feb 2019 4:12 AM
Thought of an easy one: don't engage in an open field battle with a hib group without your instas up, or learn how to position yourself. If willing to clash, learn how to use line of sight to your advantage or adapt a scatter strategy. This embarrassingly whiny, self-indulgent need to call for a nerf because you can't figure out how albs and mids learned to fight hibs over a decade ago (with a spell that was never modified since the game released) should and will be ignored.

That's cute. "Just don't engage the 2300 insta amnesia." Please invite me to your utopia where we all play on flat ground with full knowledge of every opposing group. Your petulant dismissal shows how you truly fail to grasp any semblance of the issue, and your "hurr durr" live argument fails to acknowledge any and all other changes that have been made to the game since 2001 via creating a strawman about how "no changes have been made" to this specific, egregious imbalance over time. To catch a Hib group, the range is 1500 for Alb/Mid. When Hibs catch a group, the range is 2300. So in pure engagements alone, Hib range advantage is 53% better than Alb or Mid. Their effective safe zone gives them a giant buffer. It is in essence like Hib is playing an assassin and Alb and Mid are both playing ranged stealthers, where Hib has ample opportunity to choose the fights they want to engage in, and they don't need to worry about retaliation at the same range from the opposition.

If you had any self-reflection skill at all you wouldn't use "petulant" to describe a counterpoint while simultaneously whining in every post you make. Secondly, you have misconstrued "strawman" enough times to bother anybody who knows what that actually means. What you're arguing is to not have to adapt to the range of hibs amnesia because you don't want to have to run away sooner than when engaging a battle with albs or mids. It is a terrible argument, was understood from the beginning and I'll reiterate the reason this should be ignored is because even years ago people learned how to run away and engage the battle on their own terms as a counter. It is simple, you see hibs, don't run into the group that is willing to fight you within 2300 units. No changes had to be made to the spell, because the only change needed was one in strategy. The variables of whether instas and RA's are up only favor you against your bolt-range amnesia boogeyman. You can do it. Most successful mid and albs groups do this and they aren't complaining about amnesia when they lose because their driver failed to react.

Also, this "hurr durr, edgy pseudo-intellectual witty remark, muh cognitive dissonance" doesn't add anything argumentative and only shows you are being emotional instead of rational. Just relax, I know losing is hard, but it should teach you how to win.

K. So no answer to the gross imbalance (53%) in engage range, just more hurr durr utopia l2p garbage. Your sig needs to show your hib classes.

Return to RvR or the latest topics