Can we talk about Hib Amnesia?

Started 31 Jan 2019
by phixion
in RvR
Sat 16 Feb 2019 8:53 AM by Ninefingers
The problem is the range. It takes any skill in avoiding a hib group out of the equation. Even if you are panning, and turn as soon as you see a hib group and are running at speed 6 you will get hit with amnesia. THIS is the problem , especially for smallmans and solo's, it completely takes choice of engagement out of the equation. People say things have always been like this, but i cannot remember this situation on live or on any other freeshard. If you are doing your job right, panning and see the enemy at clip at speed 6 you should be able to get away and that is simply not the case here.

Reduce range on amnesia to 1500, or at worst 2000 but NOT 2300. They still have their 'speciality' which is the instant cast speed breaking ability but now solo's and smallman have some choice about engagement if they are doing it right and panning.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 10:18 AM by Ceen
Don't run the main road and amnesia won't hit you since there is always a better target on the main road than you are
Sat 16 Feb 2019 12:08 PM by necrolove1
2000 range insta aoe speed break is silly, really just say it out loud. Amnesia has its use in RvR, to get pets off a target.. that should be it
Manobrown
Sat 16 Feb 2019 2:05 PM by Tritri
necrolove1 wrote:
Sat 16 Feb 2019 12:08 PM
... to get pets off a target.. that should be it

My god... x)

So yeah, no, amnesia has no effects on pet whatsoever, saying this really shows how much understanding of the game you have :/

Please do not balance around people that don't even know how spells works, let alone understands meta :/
Lilia, 50 Blademaster - 6Lx
Tritri, 50 Eldritch - 5Lx
Lilina, 50 Druid - 5Lx
< No Pain No Tartine >
Sat 16 Feb 2019 9:34 PM by phixion
I have view distance at max and it still sucks, as soon as you see Hibs you're amnesia'd and as good as dead.

You cannot say that Amnesia is not OP, but then protest against it removing speed. Why not have it interrupt as it should but not force a speed drop? Why would you object so much if it isn't a big deal?

Obviously, Hibs like getting easy RPs with it. Of course you want to keep it. Anyone with less than 8 man is ez pickings.
Phixion - 11L0 SB
Sat 16 Feb 2019 10:06 PM by keen
Clipping distance is for sure a problem on Phoenix. I guess they lowered it to take pressure from the server. Not sure if it can be made live like with the current player numbers.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 10:23 PM by Luluko
necrolove1 wrote:
Sat 16 Feb 2019 12:08 PM
2000 range insta aoe speed break is silly, really just say it out loud. Amnesia has its use in RvR, to get pets off a target.. that should be it

thats confusion not amnesia, amnesia cancels the active cast of your target especially great vs qc mezz

@topic yes reduce the range to 1900-2000, 2300 is too much
Sat 16 Feb 2019 10:46 PM by keen
On live it has bolt range 1875 afaik. I'd say that is better.
Sun 17 Feb 2019 8:21 AM by dansari
After fighting against a really good 2 bard group tonight I don't understand how you counter insta amnesia even during fights. The insta lvl 2 amnesia is perfect for rupting seers and it's on a 5s cooldown. Five seconds, and you can pop it while running. I have changed my original opinion and think it needs to match all other amnesia and be on a cast time.

Died about 3-4 times tonight simply because of insta amnesia. It's not fun, or fair. My 2c, and anyone comparing aoe stun or bolt mez to insta amnesia is honestly being a bit disingenuous.
Sun 17 Feb 2019 8:30 AM by Drominchen
dansari wrote:
Sun 17 Feb 2019 8:21 AM
After fighting against a really good 2 bard group tonight I don't understand how you counter insta amnesia even during fights. The insta lvl 2 amnesia is perfect for rupting seers and it's on a 5s cooldown. Five seconds, and you can pop it while running. I have changed my original opinion and think it needs to match all other amnesia and be on a cast time.

Yes it is on 5s cooldown and it only rupts when it gets resisted. After fighting a mid group I don't understand how you counter a bonedancer with instant lifetap on 4s cooldown and instant body debuff on 5s. Both spells are perfect for rupting the whole support line. Four and five seconds spells that always rupt and you can pop them while running and you also get 3-4 pets that can rupt different targets!

You should always try to see the whole image. Because of instant amnesia Hib cannot counter any MoC for example.
Drominas 50 NS

Dromynchen 50 Hunter

Drominna 50 Reaver

Return to RvR or the latest topics