Can we talk about Hib Amnesia?

Started 31 Jan 2019
by phixion
in RvR
Fri 21 Jun 2019 1:20 PM by Sepplord
Anelyn77 wrote:
Fri 21 Jun 2019 1:02 PM
So once you caught said people, who gets the upper hand, 10s amnesia or spam amnesia? In sieges who has the upper hand, 10s amnesia or spam amnesia?

Dunno, outside of speed 6 solo / small men complaining that hibs caught them I really don't see the problem - from my POV.

Apples vs Oranges pmuch

/Bnotashamed pac healer + Aicha mentalist = <3

It surprises me that you seem to think that the only benefit is "catching" the enemy, especially from a healer POV who can't ever win mezz VS an equally skilled bard unless he uses his own instants.

After being caught there are several situations where instant is better (which is the problem, otherwise we could just give bards cast-amnesia and everyone be happy).

During endurance activation instant-amnesia can be used, cast amnesia not
During Mezzing instant-amnesia can be used, cast amnesia not
During healing instant-amnesia can be used, cast amnesia not
During rebuffing of a killed teammember instant-amnesia can be used, cast amnesia not
While interrupting/snaring someone with melee instant-amnesia can be used, cast amnesia not

It's simply not as clear cut as saying cast-spam is flat better than isntant-cast

"only fucks over smallmen and speed-soloers" (and every 8man that doesn't want to take every fight against every opponent...good for you that your group is good enough to want that)
That's a pretty huge "only", might not concern you personally, but i am sure with a tiny bit of empathy you can see why it could be problematic
Fri 21 Jun 2019 1:34 PM by Anelyn77
If it was such a big deal / game breaking almost, why are the devs not giving it the attention it needs?

I was only speaking from my PoV, personally I don't find it such a big deal. Am not defending it nor attacking it. If my opinion is different to yours or others, does that mean I have no empathy?

Let me up you one on that, whenever I go solo with my pac healer, I never get any empathy from any vis, be it solo, duo, small men, FG or zerg, despite I turn and run the opposite way on contact - so my intentions are clearly not to engage, am not amnesia to drop their speed or mezz or whatever. Yet - no exception, am being chased and killed. I even had a hilarious inf vs ns stop fighting to jump me both despite I was just passing by, without interfering (names irrelevant really). So how about a little empathy here?

I never claimed that my PoV is the absolute truth, I am fine with hibs amnesia and yes I play a pac healer on mid, and been very active in RvR, in all forms and shapes.

Cheers, have a great day <3

/Bnotashamed paci healer + Aicha mentalist = <3
Fri 21 Jun 2019 2:52 PM by Druth
Anelyn77 wrote:
Fri 21 Jun 2019 1:34 PM
If it was such a big deal / game breaking almost, why are the devs not giving it the attention it needs?

I was only speaking from my PoV, personally I don't find it such a big deal. Am not defending it nor attacking it. If my opinion is different to yours or others, does that mean I have no empathy?

Let me up you one on that, whenever I go solo with my pac healer, I never get any empathy from any vis, be it solo, duo, small men, FG or zerg, despite I turn and run the opposite way on contact - so my intentions are clearly not to engage, am not amnesia to drop their speed or mezz or whatever. Yet - no exception, am being chased and killed. I even had a hilarious inf vs ns stop fighting to jump me both despite I was just passing by, without interfering (names irrelevant really). So how about a little empathy here?

I never claimed that my PoV is the absolute truth, I am fine with hibs amnesia and yes I play a pac healer on mid, and been very active in RvR, in all forms and shapes.

Cheers, have a great day <3

/Bnotashamed paci healer + Aicha mentalist = <3

I've been away from doing "pro 8manning" (my own words, not making fun of anyone), to really know if the balance 8v8 is good as it is.
But in my world it weights heavily when people defend abilities of their opposing realms.

And from what I see/hear, it seems that the 8v8 balance is quite solid right now.
Fri 21 Jun 2019 4:16 PM by Lillebror
Buff the bard then, give him 2s casteble Amnesia, so he can spam and use it for what its planned to do.... interrupt. Amnesia is worse than getting vanished on my a big mile
Mon 24 Jun 2019 5:38 PM by phixion
Anelyn77 wrote:
So once you caught said people, who gets the upper hand, 10s amnesia or spam amnesia? In sieges who has the upper hand, 10s amnesia or spam amnesia?

The group with the most players
Phixion - 11L0 SB
Mon 24 Jun 2019 6:48 PM by Anelyn77
phixion wrote:
Mon 24 Jun 2019 5:38 PM
Anelyn77 wrote:

The group with the most players

And least afks hahahhahhaha! <3

/Bnotashamed | Aicha
Thu 27 Jun 2019 1:24 PM by gian
BUMP!

"The North Remembers!"
Sun 7 Jul 2019 7:14 PM by keen
Maybe some small men love now that nf is out?
Instant amnesia speed break is killing small men rvr since the start of the server unfortunately.
Sun 30 Jan 2022 2:23 PM by phixion
kratoxin wrote:
Wed 20 Mar 2019 1:47 PM
you say that yet hib is the under dog on this server, look at mid... lmao so lets nerf hib some more especially an ability that's been here for ages. you think amnesia on a bard that's instant w/ a CD is dumb? look at sorc w/bolt range mez and amnesia, not to mention midgard yea ok healer has amnesia but as a skald charges in to INSTA rupt the bard before the bard can EVEN land a mez etc or the tank trains that are all over the place on midgard rip the bard apart. this thread is null and stupid complaining about something that has been apart of that class since the BEGINNING. might as well remove it if you nerf it, then hib will just die because no one will want to play bard. SIMPLE.

i've played all 3 realms and don't think bards amnesia is ridiculous thanks but no thanks.. there are many ways to counter a bard. lol

everyone complaining about this are just butt hurt because there groups suck donkey. lets complain about some more dumb stuff... mmm lets go with insta stun on a mini, or mmm bd pets too! o ya and lets go with animist pets! o wait... that already happened... LOL! might as well reduce theurg pet spam as well while we're at it! like on live servers.

kratoxin wrote:
Wed 20 Mar 2019 1:25 PM
Instant amnesia has always been on bard... since the beginning.... Old Frontier has been here... since the beginning... stop crying... #end. #closethread #resolved.

kratoxin wrote:
Mon 6 May 2019 12:02 PM
i now see how broken Hibernia amnesia is.... running a mid 5 man last night running up to AMG Emain just as my group hits the Y.... FAR from AMG mind you.. a hib group comes strolling through AMG and instantly amnesias my group from MILES away like stupid far... fix that crap and reduce it's range!! not to mention mid amnesia doesn't break speed? but hibs does???? huh

Coming back 3 years later to say... Holy shit this is gold.
Phixion - 11L0 SB

Return to RvR or the latest topics