Can we talk about Hib Amnesia?

Started 31 Jan 2019 by
phixion
in RvR
Wed 13 Feb 2019 4:48 PM by Horus
Do other insta cast spells drop the casting group out of speed when used, debuffs, mez, stun, dmg, etc?
Wed 13 Feb 2019 7:40 PM by phixion
Frigzy wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 12:38 PM
phixion wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 12:28 AM
It doesn't seem right to me that a small man can simply not exist thanks to 1 insta.
I believe this is where we're going to have to agree to disagree.

By your reasoning ANY visible solo or smallman without speed 6 can simply not exist. After all, they will never be able to outrun or escape a speed 6 full group.

This doesn't make any sense to me.

Yes, you're going to stand no chance against those groups. You know that before you're even running out. It's a choice you're making at that moment. Instead of adjusting accordingly you're asking the environment to change based on your own choices.

I get the frustration of getting ganked by larger groups, but still, that's just not a mindset I can agree to.

Yes, I am absolutely saying that a group without speed 6 cannot survive in RvR. Whether they choose to run out over and over again in to certain death is their choice.

There is no playing around amnesia, as a small man you get amnesia'd and then you're as good as dead. There is no outrunning it, there is no playing around it.

Why can't amnesia just interrupt? Why does it have to also break speed? I don't mind you having your insta interrupt, but insta speed break and that range is over the top and always has been.

If you ain't already noticed, this server has made a few custom changes to how things work, why do you think it's out of the realms of possibility to change this?

If this remains, all you get is people getting bored of going out in small man as they cannot compete with the zerg and cannot escape full groups. So that results in people either joining the zerg, playing stealthers, or quitting all together.
Phixion - 11L0 SB
Thu 14 Feb 2019 5:06 AM by dansari
Tritri wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 3:06 PM
dansari wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 2:52 PM
Hope their group protects them? If you insta amnesia you are starting the fight off with a gigantic advantage. Your group doesn't need to protect you. Without speed, the group you're facing cannot reasonably re-position. It's not a very hard concept: movement is king. The solutions are to drop its range to 1500 or give it a cast time.

If your whole group get hit by the instant amnesia I have some bad news for you

The whole group doesn't need to be hit by insta amnesia for it to wipe you. That's a strawman argument.
Thu 14 Feb 2019 5:40 PM by razzim
hib amnesia needs to get a cast time, make it like alb and mid: 2 sec. problem solved.
the current state of it is stupid; being able to instantly drop entire groups out of speed at 2300 range, jeh, sounds balanced. even if it is only 1 tick of speed.
and yes, it affects a full group. even if only one person is hit, you have to react...arguing the radius is moot.
consider giving it a cast time.
Thu 14 Feb 2019 5:52 PM by Tavi
Amnesia is fine as it is, just remove the speed break.
Thu 14 Feb 2019 6:09 PM by Drominchen
Amnesia is fine as it is. If your enemy bard wastes it on breaking speed just punish him for it (hint he won't hit first mezz after wasting it if your sorc / healer is at least decent).
Drominas 50 NS

Dromynchen 50 Hunter

Drominna 50 Reaver
Thu 14 Feb 2019 6:22 PM by Patron
Serious folks, you play the game how long?
And now u notice, hey bards amnesia is instant and long range and rupt...
Its ever was this way and every realm have things which other realms dont have.
Deal with it

/close this
Erzählen kann ich viel, zu sagen hab ich nix
Thu 14 Feb 2019 9:37 PM by Eodis
No reason to change Hib Amnesia.

The problem is somewhere else and the OP even mentionned it : It's Old Frontier. The map is terrible on so many levels, it's not the Bard class who needs an adjustment. People are in nostalgia denial with this map. Just give us NF so we have real keep sieges and better fights in lands, less zerg but still a possibility to do it, more strategy and realm coordination.

OF maps are too small and they favor only zerg even more with tasks, keeps/relics are useless and it's not enjoyable to play for it. No idea why this topic is not at the center of every debate right now.
Thu 14 Feb 2019 11:27 PM by dansari
"Amnesia is fine as is"

>Hib classes in sig

Would prefer to drop the range to 1500 so Bard keeps its "uniqueness," with insta. Hell drop it to 1875 and reassess after a few weeks
Fri 15 Feb 2019 3:16 PM by Tritri
I really don't get where does this whine over instant amnesia comes from...

phixion wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 7:40 PM
Yes, I am absolutely saying that a group without speed 6 cannot survive in RvR. Whether they choose to run out over and over again in to certain death is their choice.

There is no playing around amnesia, as a small man you get amnesia'd and then you're as good as dead. There is no outrunning it, there is no playing around it.

Why can't amnesia just interrupt? Why does it have to also break speed? I don't mind you having your insta interrupt, but insta speed break and that range is over the top and always has been.

If you ain't already noticed, this server has made a few custom changes to how things work, why do you think it's out of the realms of possibility to change this?

If this remains, all you get is people getting bored of going out in small man as they cannot compete with the zerg and cannot escape full groups. So that results in people either joining the zerg, playing stealthers, or quitting all together.

You realize that nerfing instant amnesia isn't going to allow non speed 6 group to die less, right ? Especially smallmans. I don't see your point.

And Dansari, if it's not your whole group that got hit by amnesia, then you should be fine. There shouldn't be more than 3 players hit by this in a 8man.
Now it's true that you can't all run away from an hib group, even if you have speed 6. But if your speedster isn't caught, you can come back for the rez easily (like, if it was a fight that you couldn't win)
In a 8v8 situation, being able to cut speed from this range is nice, but it's not game breaker in anyway, there are solution

I feel like you only see the plus side of this spell without even trying to understand what are the weaknesses and how to exploit them.

People have figured out how to manage this for more than 15 years, I'm sure you can do it too
Change your mindset and figure out solutions instead of asking for balance changes.

And don't give me the "heh, you play hib, your argument is invalid" (and criticizing the argument before calling it a strawman argument lol), I have mostly played mid
Lilia, 50 Blademaster - 6Lx
Tritri, 50 Eldritch - 5Lx
Lilina, 50 Druid - 5Lx
< No Pain No Tartine >

Return to RvR or the latest topics