Can we talk about Hib Amnesia?

Started 31 Jan 2019 by
phixion
in RvR
Thu 31 Jan 2019 10:19 PM by phixion
Something needs to be done, OF is full of choke points, amnesia = easy kill for any Hib group.

You simply cannot outrun full groups of Hibs if you're in a small man, they will almost always catch you.

I know there was discussion over removing the amnesia speed break but it seems it didn't happen.

As it stands, this completely puts me off playing my visible character, I doubt this server needs more stealthers but that's what is going to happen once people get sick of this amnesia speed breaking BS.
Phixion - 11L0 SB
Sun 10 Feb 2019 3:26 PM by phixion
Amnesia is op here, too many choke points.

Either remove the insta ability or add a cast time.

It's completely unfair that a group of hibs can chase down small man so easily.
Phixion - 11L0 SB
Sun 10 Feb 2019 6:20 PM by Druth
Yes it's very OP.
But you can't just adjust/remove such an ability without compensating with something else.
Hibs are not dominating, so such a change would not be to create some sort of RvR balance.

Any suggestions of what to give instead?
Sun 10 Feb 2019 6:39 PM by VandenPlause
I haven’t had a chance to RvR on this server yet, haven’t played in weeks actually. On the wiki it says

– All offensive actions, with exception of Amnesia, instantly drop speed.

Is amnesia dropping speed? Is the wiki wrong and needs to be updated? Or maybe I’m just not understanding it correctly?

It’s under Abilities at http://playphoenix.wiki/miscellaneous-changes/
Sun 10 Feb 2019 6:45 PM by Afuldan
VandenPlause wrote:
Sun 10 Feb 2019 6:39 PM
I haven’t had a chance to RvR on this server yet, haven’t played in weeks actually. On the wiki it says

Is amnesia dropping speed? Is the wiki wrong and needs to be updated? Or maybe I’m just not understanding it correctly?

The Amnesia cast isn’t breaking speed for caster, but the resist/amnesia landing is breaking speed on targets, I think.
Sun 10 Feb 2019 9:07 PM by faliv
Can i have a list of all these choke points?
Tue 12 Feb 2019 5:43 AM by Kaozium
VandenPlause wrote:
Sun 10 Feb 2019 6:39 PM

You're not understanding it correcly.

The keyword is "instantly"

Amnesia does not instantly break speed. It breaks speed after a delay, so the line you're quoting remains true.
Tue 12 Feb 2019 10:55 AM by Frigzy
I solo on a visible tall Elf without speed.

I manage.

If you have speed 6 and still think you shouldn't get caught that's got less to do with Hib amnesia than with you not respecting RvR action.
Zyfrig
Tue 12 Feb 2019 11:13 AM by dudis
Amnesia makes you "forget" what you were doing. If you are casting a spell, you are not actually interrupted, but rather you finish the animation but dont actually cast the spell. You can immediately start casting again.

It drops speed because you "forget" the NEXT tick of the chant/song. Thats why you get the delay before it breaks. Im not sure if you can just cancel and then play speed again to get the next tick anyways.

Let me know if I'm just remembering amnesias interraction with pusling spells incorrectly.
Tue 12 Feb 2019 12:09 PM by Sepplord
dudis wrote:
Tue 12 Feb 2019 11:13 AM
Amnesia makes you "forget" what you were doing. If you are casting a spell, you are not actually interrupted, but rather you finish the animation but dont actually cast the spell. You can immediately start casting again.

It drops speed because you "forget" the NEXT tick of the chant/song. Thats why you get the delay before it breaks. Im not sure if you can just cancel and then play speed again to get the next tick anyways.

Let me know if I'm just remembering amnesias interraction with pusling spells incorrectly.

afaik you are correct about the "forgetting" thing, and it is true that it does not ruppt, since you can immediatly restartcasting (that's also why it works against quickcasts / MOC). It also aborts spells that are almost done casting, while a normal ruppt would still let a cast go through if the ruppt hits after XX% of the casttime (not sure about the % definitely more than 50%)

Imo casting amnesia should instantly break spead on the bard/healer/sorc as it is an offensie action against an enemy target. Imo it is a tool to win CC-fights during engagement (therefor bards also need it to stay instant, although i believe the timer might also be a little increased), not as a speedbreak tool to catch fleeing enemies.

Return to RvR or the latest topics