A Level Playing Field - Feedback & Suggestions

Started 13 Sep 2020
by Uthred
in Suggestions
Mon 14 Sep 2020 1:12 PM by Elesdee
awesome idea, this event. i like it.

just the massive spam on gear is a bit disturbing.
cant you just give all cap temps for free?
would increase action even more.

i dont really have an idea on how to make it that people wouldnt be able to use those temps outside the event zone though
Mon 14 Sep 2020 1:19 PM by Solara
gruenesschaf wrote:
Mon 14 Sep 2020 12:59 PM
Changes after the initial auto grouping test, likely in effect for another test tomorrow:
- when in an auto group the "leader teleports all" feature will be removed
- when in an auto group you will teleport to the first group member (based on group slot) outside the safe zone, if nobody is outside you will teleport to a random point
- auto groups with only 1 person and when that person is in the safe zone will be merged into other auto groups
- there will now be a 30 second timer after release to teleport again

Just to clarify this for my small brain:
All features you mention dont work if you play as pre-mate group?
Teleports will be random for the Grpmembers?
(if they want to rejoin after death e.g.)
Mon 14 Sep 2020 1:23 PM by gruenesschaf
Solara wrote:
Mon 14 Sep 2020 1:19 PM
Just to clarify this for my small brain:
All features you mention dont work if you play as pre-mate group?
Teleports will be random for the Grpmembers?
(if they want to rejoin after death e.g.)

That was the plan so far and that's how it's been in all pvp events so far with that kind of teleporter: group leader teleport teleports all around them, group members port individually to prevent constant fight rejoining in case of (longer) premade vs premade fights.
However, maybe with a 30 - 60 second after death/release timer to teleport this can be revisited and the new auto group teleport variant can be made the default.
Mon 14 Sep 2020 1:28 PM by Solara
gruenesschaf wrote:
Mon 14 Sep 2020 1:23 PM
That was the plan so far and that's how it's been in all pvp events so far with that kind of teleporter: group leader teleport teleports all around them, group members port individually to prevent constant fight rejoining in case of (longer) premade vs premade fights.
However, maybe with a 30 - 60 second after death timer to teleport this can be revisited and the new auto group teleport variant can be made the default.

That would be super lovely. I only played till the first reboot yesterday, but on the small map where the test was, and with the number of players participating
it was super hard to pick up your group members when they died. Maybe that would be different when it's not right at the start of the event, with less players roaming
or with bigger maps. But I think that it would be great when you could port to your grp when out of combat.
Mon 14 Sep 2020 2:05 PM by Ploen
CC is way to strong in the lower levels.. i just exp a grp with 2 bards 1 healer 1 necro 1 merc.. they where impossible to kill. they just mezzed everything and picked one after another.. there need to be rules how the autogroup system works
Mon 14 Sep 2020 3:03 PM by Seigmoraig
If i play with 2 other friends, can we make our group and then turn on autogroup to fill the rest of the party ?
Mon 14 Sep 2020 4:28 PM by darthenron
Here are my key take always... maybe have a way to “lock group” from auto leveling and being ported to next zone.

Was very hard as a healer to buff people, only to have them reach the next level and port away.. then I had to drop buffs and rebuff the new people.. only for me to teleport away and start the process over.

I know it was mention that “/xp off” will not be allowed.. so maybe some internal way to lock xp for the group.. so if one of your Friends dies, at least they wouldn’t be left behind.

Also, would love to see some random NPC spawn merchants/buffers added around the map so people wouldn’t have to run back to the center.
(Maybe even have special mobs in the castles that could drop potions/feathers?)
Current Main = SM 50 - RR2L1
Tue 15 Sep 2020 6:13 AM by Cotea
ision wrote:
Sun 13 Sep 2020 3:33 PM
Question from a Guildmate: Is it possible for one household to play diff. "Realms" in this Event? Hubby Alb Wife Hib ?

kindest regards

Yes does the usual house hold rules apply?
Tue 15 Sep 2020 6:35 AM by Uthred
It is PvP, not RvR. So you dont get any realm timer and you can play different realms from the same household.
Building your world since 2017
Tue 15 Sep 2020 10:41 AM by Lev
my opinion.

set max at lvl49 to be able to parcipitate in this event. as you level to 50, you'll "be phased" away.
why? if you can stay in the event zone with lvl50, no one will like to leave before RR5 (probably even afterwards). it pratically forces people to stay there, because it will so much easier to get RP compared to real rvr. of course, premade 5man teams run by experienced small man players will completely dominate /autogroup teams. so yeah, some players will leave due to frustration.

@devs: the math is this?
to level to lvl50 you need to kill exactly 1274 players (for grouped players). this is if the formula for xp is fixed and the various multipliers have no effect.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics