Realm Switch Event Preparation

Started 8 Dec 2020
by gruenesschaf
in Planned Changes
The next event will be a mercenary / realm switch event, we're not exactly sure yet if the initial test will happen next week already or the week after.
The main thing about the event is that it will allow you to chose / become a different realm with any of your characters. It is unclear at this time if there will be a timer associated with the switch or not. The realm timer will be disabled for this event, at least to start with.

There will be an initial test of 1 - 3 days, this is where we will test the no timer setting, depending on effects test different timers and try to find issues we didn't think about. A week or two after this short test the event will actually start and last for about a week. If major issues arise in the testing phase it will only last a single day or even less and will be repeated after fixing it.

Supporting this event will require a couple changes regarding item usability, drops and similar things. An unknown is the effects of items, or rather their effects, becoming available to other realms, it may or may not be impactful in 1v1 encounter. The easiest remedy here would be to properly introduce the missing effects afterwards to the relevant realms.

- rog generation will become personal loot, this will be a permanent change. That means instead of the mob dropping a single weapon at x%, a single armor piece at x% and a single jewelry piece at x% it will become something like a x divided by group member % chance that is rolled for each individual group member and the item generated for a person is instantly looted by that person and no longer a normal mob drop. At the same time we will also disable the 50% chance to generate an item for a group member class and 50% chance to generate for any realm class, instead it will only and always be for your class. The somewhat unclear thing here is how epic raids will be handled, it seems likely that it will be a bit different.

- unless client side display issues prevent this, hello trolls and avalonians, all classes will be able to equip all non class restricted armor of their own armor type (a druid will be able to wear scale, alb chain and mid chain), the resist vulnerabilities / resistances will be based on your current realm, not the armor itself. That means any hib character wearing any kind of chain / scale will still be slash vulnerable. For weapons we'll do something similar with for example slash / blades / swords becoming interchangeable, it's currently unclear if / how for example axe or left axe would fit into that.
Tue 8 Dec 2020 3:17 PM by skinner904
Lol? Id rather just have another regular good ole 5-8 man pvp event with the leveling aspect. Need more toons for rvr. Thanks.
Tue 8 Dec 2020 3:22 PM by pzeub
skinner904 wrote:
Tue 8 Dec 2020 3:17 PM
Lol? Id rather just have another regular good ole 5-8 man pvp event. Thanks.
And add pvp zone for soloers.

Free For All DAoC is all we want I guess.

How does it apply to DS runs?Finally 6 pbae runs?

Choose between having a warden or a healer in groups?

I don't get the idea.

Bring style changes or FFA DAoC thx
Tue 8 Dec 2020 3:25 PM by Simon73
omg all rangers ----> scouts
Tue 8 Dec 2020 3:32 PM by LrdRahl
skinner904 wrote:
Lol? Id rather just have another regular good ole 5-8 man pvp event with the leveling aspect. Need more toons for rvr. Thanks.

Oh god please no more
Tue 8 Dec 2020 3:39 PM by ExcretusMaximus
gruenesschaf wrote:
Tue 8 Dec 2020 3:12 PM
At the same time we will also disable the 50% chance to generate an item for a group member class and 50% chance to generate for any realm class, instead it will only and always be for your class. The somewhat unclear thing here is how epic raids will be handled, it seems likely that it will be a bit different.

Nice gutting of every farming class in the game. No more metal items for casters.

Because farming on this server isn't hard enough already, am I right? Jesus Christ...
Tue 8 Dec 2020 3:45 PM by gruenesschaf
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 8 Dec 2020 3:39 PM
Nice gutting of every farming class in the game. No more metal items for casters.

Because farming on this server isn't hard enough already, am I right? Jesus Christ...

The vendor as well as salvage values for cloth and metal rogs are identical and even after trinketing it's rather close.
Tue 8 Dec 2020 3:53 PM by gromet12
LrdRahl wrote:
Tue 8 Dec 2020 3:32 PM
skinner904 wrote:

Oh god please no more

Thats just because you care about guild RPS....

The events are fun, who cares about guild RPS counts? Oh nm...
Tue 8 Dec 2020 3:57 PM by Hector
I want to get excited for an event but I’m having a hard time understanding what I just read.
Tue 8 Dec 2020 4:02 PM by evert
The cross-realm stuff sounds like a lot of fun but the items sounds like a nightmare logistically/balance-wise/in terms of people missing out; might be easier to just disallow trades and make the drops your own realm only. You can still add new "missing" weapons later.
Tue 8 Dec 2020 4:04 PM by Psychofr3akk
Hector wrote:
Tue 8 Dec 2020 3:57 PM
I want to get excited for an event but I’m having a hard time understanding what I just read.

umm ya.... what they said
Tue 8 Dec 2020 4:06 PM by canzian
People vote for loyalty bonus... And now broken realm event...
Tue 8 Dec 2020 4:13 PM by Astaa
It's interesting but i'm not 100% sure I understand.

So I can take my (for example) void eld over to Albion for a week? And zerg it up with the Albs? And perhaps join a Sidi raid or something? Then come back? What would the restrictions be on coming back?

Or could I bring my friar over to Hib and get him templated with my resources on Hib?

Edit, having items transferring between people that wouldn't be on their realm might throw up all sorts of problems with searching for rogs in future, we could end up with mid stats/skills items appearing on the Hib market and vice versa, main abilities I can think of would be CD and LA, most others transfer I suppose but it might get messy.
Tue 8 Dec 2020 4:14 PM by Sepplord
The itempart makes it sound as if trading will be possible?
Does that mean gold will be serverwide per account instead of realmwide?

Also, how will enemies/friendlies be seen in RvR? Will a Midgardplayer click a troll and it says troll from enemy realm, or will it be more like during the PvP events where you would see the playername in the targetwindow?
Tue 8 Dec 2020 4:15 PM by Hayter
The switch idea is cool ( i really don't understand it all but I'll give it a shot)

but its another nerf for good ol farming, a lot of days i just like to log on and farm some mobs, hell just trinketed about 20p worth of metal/wood.

I feel like I'm losing any hope of that being worth anymore.

also, cloth trinket vs metal trinket, cloth 3g69s96c and this requires you to buy thread VS metal at 10g6s2c. there is a reason us farmers want metal drops.
Tue 8 Dec 2020 4:20 PM by NunchuckNunyas
Thank you for the event Devs! Even with all the negativity on these forums, you are still trying to make the game interesting and fun. Much appreciated!
Tue 8 Dec 2020 4:20 PM by l3lumarlin
I feel like a lot of information is lacking from this announcement. I want to be excited but it’s unclear what to be excited about.

Will realm switched characters be allowed anywhere or just pvp zones? ( can my healer get into a fins group in CF?)

Will realm switched characters keep all the loot they get? ( like can I craft a set of scale for my healer?)

Can feather items be bought cross realm during this event?

Will there be a way to turn off the switch before event ends if we want?

Will a switched character have access to plat from original realm or the one they switched to?

There’s just so much confusion in this.
Tue 8 Dec 2020 4:25 PM by Moondragon
I'd like to return the the "minimal changes going forward" setting. This event, while well intentioned, seems like a big mess, along with the change in ROG generation.
Tue 8 Dec 2020 4:30 PM by Tulpa
If the implications of this with regards to drop and such is only temporary during the event then that is ok. BUT! if there is any permanence to these impacts please please please don't mess with rog drops for casters... if we get no metal we will be poor as all hell...

Just the other day we asked about feathers for solo small man and were told to just farm stuff to get gold to buy feathers from those that group to farm them. Well you are about to cut the income of a cloth caster farmer in 1/2 or even 1/3 by taking away metal drops.

If this happens for good it will have a massive impact on pretty much every farming character on Hibernia (I know nothing about other realms but i'm guessing BD's and what ever albs farm with will suffer as well).

Having said the above. I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tue 8 Dec 2020 4:40 PM by Runental
That sounds frigging cool
Tue 8 Dec 2020 4:41 PM by Svekt
I have no idea what I just read...
Is this for an event? Is this a full time thing? If it’s an event where will it be? I have so many more questions but frankly I don’t understand what was said to me or why it’s even happening...
Tue 8 Dec 2020 4:43 PM by Astaa
If that is the case then I am kind of warming to it as a theory idea. Realistically a caster template costs absolutely nothing compared to a heavy armour wearer. I could template a caster for less than it can (depending on craft luck) to self craft MP arms with SC and proc. But... That would be an idea for another game, it would slow down farming for many people, it would drive up prices because there would be less items coming into the market, which would be a second knacker for new players, low plat players because the already rich would just hoover everything up.
Tue 8 Dec 2020 4:46 PM by opossum12
Holy crap calm down.

They said that they will have something to manage with items. Then everybody goes out saying "OMG OMG OMG THIS WILL BE TOTAL CHAOS".

Relax, wait until they fully announce it then you'll be in your right to go apeshit. For now it was a partial annoucement.

I don't quite understand the reasoning behind a partial annoucement though, as it was pretty obvious from the style change saga that people go crazy when there are some loose ends.
Tue 8 Dec 2020 4:58 PM by bculpepper
This sounds like a lot of fun. It would be cool to explore Alb/Hib with my mid characters.

I think the item drops will be a nightmare to manage. If this is a limited time event I think it would greatly discourage new players from joining the server later if they find the people that were here for this event with a lot of plat got access to items they will never have.

For example: Hunters have wanted a 5.5 speed bow FOREVER and been told no. Now they can just roll over to Alb and buy one from the merchant? After the event is over nobody else gets one of those? I'm not sure on the other characters but I feel certain there will be other problems.
Tue 8 Dec 2020 5:11 PM by RankBadjin
LrdRahl wrote:
skinner904 wrote:

Oh god please no more

I'm confused...no more events or no more RvR characters? LOL
Tue 8 Dec 2020 5:13 PM by RankBadjin
There seem to be a great many unknowns on how this is going to work for it only being a couple weeks away. That is, umm, concerning.
Tue 8 Dec 2020 5:17 PM by William06
- rog generation will become personal loot, this will be a permanent change.

This is so bad..
Tue 8 Dec 2020 5:23 PM by DJ2000
gruenesschaf wrote:
The next event will be a mercenary / realm switch event
The main thing about the event is that it will allow you to chose / become a different realm with any of your characters. It is unclear at this time if there will be a timer associated with the switch or not. The realm timer will be disabled for this event, at least to start with.

The easiest remedy here would be to properly introduce the missing effects afterwards to the relevant realms.

rog generation will become personal loot, this will be a permanent change.

all classes will be able to equip all non class restricted armor of their own armor type (a druid will be able to wear scale, alb chain and mid chain), the resist vulnerabilities / resistances will be based on your current realm, not the armor itself.

1. Sounds cool actually.
Each Toon individually with no Realm timer...asking for trouble.
What if people want to keep a specific Toon a "Mercenary" (not talking about the Alb Class) even after the Event, would that be allowed? Would that trigger a Realm timer?
If a player were to claim a Keep/Tower as a "Mercenary", would that be "bound" to the Guild-Realm or the Toon-Realm?
What will happen to Friend/Ignore List before, and especially after adding other Realm Players to them, when switching Realms?
Plat/Gold will be "ported" to the other Realm as well, or will it switch to the whatever was available for that account in that Realm?
Buying Houses possible? CG/BG before switching Realms remains? Can carry Relics for or from new Realm?

2. Ok, seems reasonable. But unless those "Mercenarys" can remain in the other Realm, they could simply be prohibited to purchase those. Just throwing it out there...

3. Can this be a /toggle switch after the Event, so everyone can decide for himself if he wants this or not?

4. Sounds also cool and funny,
People may use this to skin/hide for confusion after the event.
Will the Feather Skins for these Armors be current Realm or orig. Realm?
Tue 8 Dec 2020 5:29 PM by Hodge
Would this be like Mordred or the pve server for the ability to use other reason items?
Tue 8 Dec 2020 5:33 PM by Simon73
But why don't make it like old Cammlan servers (or Argain servers for italians) where people could port on the 3 realms? You would not need to make new equip, easier for you admins.
Tue 8 Dec 2020 5:48 PM by Johny Rousquille
We should have the opportunity to respect the class, but we keep the rank, like Thane I change into an Animist or Wizzard or whatever.
Tue 8 Dec 2020 6:24 PM by bculpepper
The idea seems like a lot of fun. Personally I think you should just restrict the drops to only those allowed in your realm to avoid any unforseen issues.

I mainly play shadowblade so I may be biased but consider......

Dragonmight Axe is one item that is unique to Mid and helps to make SB = INF/NS. If as stated previously that weapon speed differences would go back to normal after the event but procs/effects would remain (Dragonmight becomes available on feather merchant in ALB/HIB). So Mid SB would not have lasting access to a 2.1 OH weapon, but Alb and Hib would get access to a 58 DoT on Dragonmight? It is sort of accepted that INF/NS have better weapon speed but Mid has better proc.

Inf is the only stealth that has points to spec DualShadows. With this change they would get 37 tick from DS, 58 tick from Dragonmight, 102 tick from Viper5 Lifebane. They basically have an almost guaranteed 200 DoT tick with great weaponspeed. What does Mid get? Not sure.
Tue 8 Dec 2020 6:45 PM by Valaraukar
Good Idea on a separate server, very very bad idea on an unique server. This is going to mess up things, maybe it will be time to say goodbye to Phoenix (the Hib "underpop" bonus has already given a good push to that direction lol).
Tue 8 Dec 2020 6:50 PM by Davidalmightydaoc85
I think is is a great idea for an event! Mind you I’m an Alb loyalist, but to play with others will be fun!

The one thing I think that needs to be added to the rog change is to increase the drop rate of rogs that are high utility and are good for the class farming it. There are some classes that are awful farmers and won’t be able to farm what is needed to complete a template. I have only been on Phoenix since around February of this year and I have got crap for drops. I’ve been farming the past almost 2 weeks on my reaver, cabby, necro, and even my merc and have got maybe 2 rogs with utility over 60. Everything else is either garbage or needs to be boosted to make it worth using. I’ve been farming for my reaver and it doesn’t seem likely to get him templated anytime soon at this rate and especially with this change and the already horrible drop rate.
Tue 8 Dec 2020 7:18 PM by Valaraukar
gruenesschaf wrote:
Tue 8 Dec 2020 3:45 PM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 8 Dec 2020 3:39 PM

The vendor as well as salvage values for cloth and metal rogs are identical and even after trinketing it's rather close.

Yes that's true but the value and housing market price for metal rogs (for example on Mid fast LT left axe can easily reach many plats) are not comparable to cloth or staves rogs. So basically the caster farmers are disadvantaged by this change, not for the salvaging but for the market side of the farming.
Tue 8 Dec 2020 7:36 PM by euro4ever
I appreciate the work going on this event from the developers but I just do not understand the point of this event. The last events I understood. You leveled a class to 50 and got some headway in some RP. However here, why would I switch realms as (and perhaps I am not the server norm) I have all my temped toons and guildmates on my realm... going to a different realm I am just a random guy who needs to figure out what raids are happening when. What bonuses do we get by switching realms for that week? Sorry, but clearly I am missing the point of this event.
Tue 8 Dec 2020 7:40 PM by LrdRahl
RankBadjin wrote:
Tue 8 Dec 2020 5:11 PM
LrdRahl wrote:
skinner904 wrote:

Oh god please no more

I'm confused...no more events or no more RvR characters? LOL

Hah just events that flood Albion Starter Guild

@Gromet Only the Guilds who have any chance cares <3

I am not sure why there is any negative reason to wanting to compete for that place..
Tue 8 Dec 2020 8:02 PM by sabyrtuth
The pvp leveling events have been fun, but this seems like a useless waste of time if I've read it correctly.
Tue 8 Dec 2020 8:12 PM by dwyur
pretty discouraging as someone who came back to the game (like many others) during the awesome event last week.
long time players cannot understand the implications, or the details of event itself, oh well
Tue 8 Dec 2020 8:36 PM by Stynkfyst28
What's the point of this event? Cool I can take my pally and level in mid? lol i just don't see the point in this or how it could be fun
Tue 8 Dec 2020 8:49 PM by Kwall0311
Stynkfyst28 wrote:
Tue 8 Dec 2020 8:36 PM
What's the point of this event? Cool I can take my pally and level in mid? lol i just don't see the point in this or how it could be fun

You dont have to personally find every event fun. You could open up your mind a bit. Interesting 8v8 combos, Darkspire/HOH combos, BG RVR, fighting with your enemy, etc. Not you just taking your pally to solo mobs in Mid.
Tue 8 Dec 2020 8:56 PM by Jingo NZ
I guess Realm Switch is more like Gaheris where Level Playing Field is more like Mordred? Realm Switch seems a lot of dev work for little player gain. Apart from the low cost/benefit, the biggest problem would be any items gained during the temporary event which become "best in class" but aren't normally otherwise available. I hope that is not the case.
Tue 8 Dec 2020 8:56 PM by jujube
William06 wrote:
Tue 8 Dec 2020 5:17 PM
- rog generation will become personal loot, this will be a permanent change.

This is so bad..

i so agree,,,,,, just an horrible idea

srsly why just why, just doesn't make sense if you want to farm items for your other characters that cant farm by themselves, so you will need a group and thus reducing drop rate even more.

Its not like farming for good rog was easy to begin with , its not hard but its time consuming ,and these change will just make it horrible for certain classes

i usually stfu and endure all nerf/changes etc you do,and never posts on any games forums because it is your server you are running it and its a free one , but this is a game killer and more people then you think pass a lot of time doing pve/farming because at some point you need a break form rvr and some really enjoy it, i know i do.

But talking about the event itself , i wont participate in it ,just no point to it at all .
Tue 8 Dec 2020 9:37 PM by relothj
Not going to bring more people to the server with this event. Better off doing a monthly pvp event.
The planned event will only benefit those who have temped chars ready to form supergroups.
Tue 8 Dec 2020 9:45 PM by Kwall0311
relothj wrote:
Tue 8 Dec 2020 9:37 PM
The planned event will only benefit those who have temped chars ready to form supergroups.

So dont do the event? Maybe those temped chars want an event too, not just starting at level 1 .
Tue 8 Dec 2020 9:53 PM by gotwqqd
Why?
What’s the point? Is there an end game here?

So now discerning a race on the battlefield means nothing.
Tue 8 Dec 2020 10:02 PM by Stoertebecker
Why should i play together with players from other realms? I don`t care about them...
Tue 8 Dec 2020 10:06 PM by brandonb
Are items attained during this able to be kept? If so, it has been mentioned and I completely agree. You will screw up balance of classes. I believe someone already had a good point about the SB weapon cs Infil spec line. Or hunters bows vs scout bows. Part of the reason the classes work is because although a hunter has a weaker bow they have other abilities to make up for it. When you take that away you mess up mechanics of the game do you not? I don’t get it.

Also please explain the purpose of nerfing farming? Why can’t I farm loot for my warden with my animist? Why are you taking that away? Is the game economy bad and you are trying to fix something? Because you will most certainly change it now (i feel for worse).
Tue 8 Dec 2020 10:08 PM by Stynkfyst28
Kwall0311 wrote:
Tue 8 Dec 2020 8:49 PM
Stynkfyst28 wrote:
Tue 8 Dec 2020 8:36 PM

You dont have to personally find every event fun. You could open up your mind a bit. Interesting 8v8 combos, Darkspire/HOH combos, BG RVR, fighting with your enemy, etc. Not you just taking your pally to solo mobs in Mid.

Just feels like a very meh event
Tue 8 Dec 2020 10:15 PM by gotwqqd
brandonb wrote:
Tue 8 Dec 2020 10:06 PM
Are items attained during this able to be kept? If so, it has been mentioned and I completely agree. You will screw up balance of classes. I believe someone already had a good point about the SB weapon cs Infil spec line. Or hunters bows vs scout bows. Part of the reason the classes work is because although a hunter has a weaker bow they have other abilities to make up for it. When you take that away you mess up mechanics of the game do you not? I don’t get it.

Also please explain the purpose of nerfing farming? Why can’t I farm loot for my warden with my animist? Why are you taking that away? Is the game economy bad and you are trying to fix something? Because you will most certainly change it now (i feel for worse).
I guess everyone needs to be self sufficient now. What happens to the marketplace?
Tue 8 Dec 2020 10:19 PM by Freudinio
Kwall0311 wrote:
Tue 8 Dec 2020 9:45 PM
relothj wrote:

So dont do the event? Maybe those temped chars want an event too, not just starting at level 1 .

My tempted chars do want an event. Just not this one.

But the event will most likely only last a weekend, so I can just do other stuff.
Tue 8 Dec 2020 10:31 PM by brandonb
Kwall0311 wrote: ↑
Tue 8 Dec 2020 10:45 PM
relothj wrote: ↑
Tue 8 Dec 2020 10:37 PM

My tempted chars do want an event. Just not this one.

But the event will most likely only last a weekend, so I can just do other stuff.

————————————

No it won’t. It will have a lasting impact on the game even after its “over.” If certain weapon types for certain realms give that class an advantage and others vice versa and you go and toss them around however and people keep them after event it won’t just end after the weekend.
Tue 8 Dec 2020 11:00 PM by Tambourine
You asked in a polll not long ago if the players want some sort of realm pride. And now you throw that in. Did you at least looked at the results?

I don’t see the point of it to be honest. If you don’t put a timer on the switch, there is gonna be abuse.

People gonna log on the realm where the task zone is since it’s always easier to rp farm at your own drop zone.

It’s not your events or changes that keep the community on the server. It’s just daoc that does the magic.

Why you think every new server is overpopulated? Cause everybody is hyped to start a new toon on a new fresh virgin server.

We don’t want scout reworks, we don’t want friar reworks, ra changes, or whatever. We just want a version of the game given and let us play on that.

If we still play daoc since 2001 it’s because the game itself is good enough and we don’t need new content or rvr events.

Halloween events, christmas events, pve related events, i don’t mind. But don’t make events that completely kills the rvr.

I respect the work done and the energy put in all this, but this work could be used to fix all the other problems and bugs that are still around.

That’s just my 2c.
Tue 8 Dec 2020 11:13 PM by ExcretusMaximus
gruenesschaf wrote:

Okay, and what about people who want to keep what they farm, possibly for other characters? Casters farm at least three times faster than any melee does, and have a tenth of the down time. Now the only way to get items for non-casters is to play those non-casters, either solo or in a group, massively slowing everything down. What is the purpose of this change? Why, over the history of the server, is there a seemingly never-ending hatred of, and need to destroy, effective farming? You make a server all about quality of life improvements, and make the most tedious part of the entire game even more tedious time after time after time after time...
Tue 8 Dec 2020 11:40 PM by opossum12
Tambourine wrote:
Tue 8 Dec 2020 11:00 PM
You asked in a polll not long ago if the players want some sort of realm pride. And now you throw that in. Did you at least looked at the results?

I don’t see the point of it to be honest. If you don’t put a timer on the switch, there is gonna be abuse.

People gonna log on the realm where the task zone is since it’s always easier to rp farm at your own drop zone.

It’s not your events or changes that keep the community on the server. It’s just daoc that does the magic.

Why you think every new server is overpopulated? Cause everybody is hyped to start a new toon on a new fresh virgin server.

We don’t want scout reworks, we don’t want friar reworks, ra changes, or whatever. We just want a version of the game given and let us play on that.

If we still play daoc since 2001 it’s because the game itself is good enough and we don’t need new content or rvr events.

Halloween events, christmas events, pve related events, i don’t mind. But don’t make events that completely kills the rvr.

I respect the work done and the energy put in all this, but this work could be used to fix all the other problems and bugs that are still around.

That’s just my 2c.

Please replace "we" by "I"
Tue 8 Dec 2020 11:42 PM by Tulpa
First off... I am excited to explor the end game dungeons and such in other reals on my hib characters. I have zero interest in playing on other realms long term, but have a great appreciation for the content of the game and always wanted to go for a sight seeing tour of other realms and the idea of powerful DS teams is also kind of cool.

Not in favor of the loot drop changes if implemented as described. Its a horrible idea and I agree with this post below.

Thanks for listening

ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 8 Dec 2020 11:13 PM
gruenesschaf wrote:

Okay, and what about people who want to keep what they farm, possibly for other characters? Casters farm at least three times faster than any melee does, and have a tenth of the down time. Now the only way to get items for non-casters is to play those non-casters, either solo or in a group, massively slowing everything down. What is the purpose of this change? Why, over the history of the server, is there a seemingly never-ending hatred of, and need to destroy, effective farming? You make a server all about quality of life improvements, and make the most tedious part of the entire game even more tedious time after time after time after time...
Tue 8 Dec 2020 11:48 PM by florin
Lol - now everyone will be able to have gear from the other realms like a few of us did the old fashioned way. Still got my necro with og mid winged helm.

Wtf is happening to this place?
Wed 9 Dec 2020 12:29 AM by Delegator
Does the ROG change affect all the high-arcanium salvage pieces from LB and Dartmoor in Alb, or melancholic fairies in Hib, or...well sorry Mid but just don't farm there, because Drakulv are just painful to farm?
Wed 9 Dec 2020 12:43 AM by gruenesschaf
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

You pretty much got it wrong that this change is aimed at destroying farming, the intent with many of the existing QoLs / changes pretty much has always been to remove the need for it in the first place. We are not entirely happy with assassins (or solo player in general) to be kind of forced to do luck based rog farm but there weren't really any complaints and it also has the benefit of having some valuable item and also keeping the assassin population lower due to a barrier of entry existing.

Anyways, the logical course of action should have been to request lifedrain procs and/or more weapon speeds to become craftable. Rog weapons and armor were not intended as the best equipment, that's the reason their imbue point budget is capped at level 50 unlike accessories which have no cap, the intent pretty much has always been feather chest + crafted armor + either crafted or feather weapons but we kind of let it slide for caster staffs due to their abundance as well as lifedrain proc weapons due to it being a barrier of entry for more stealther.

Aside from this event, which makes the personal loot thing kind of mandatory, the other reason are numerous complaints regarding not getting the right weapon for certain classes while leveling, usually those with unique weapons like reaver flex.
Wed 9 Dec 2020 12:48 AM by thirian24
gruenesschaf wrote:
Wed 9 Dec 2020 12:43 AM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

You pretty much got it wrong that this change is aimed at destroying farming, the intent with many of the existing QoLs / changes pretty much has always been to remove the need for it in the first place. We are not entirely happy with assassins (or solo player in general) to be kind of forced to do luck based rog farm but there weren't really any complaints and it also has the benefit of having some valuable item and also keeping the assassin population lower due to a barrier of entry existing.

Anyways, the logical course of action should have been to request lifedrain procs and/or more weapon speeds to become craftable. Rog weapons and armor were not intended as the best equipment, that's the reason their imbue point budget is capped at level 50 unlike accessories which have no cap, the intent pretty much has always been feather chest + crafted armor + either crafted or feather weapons but we kind of let it slide for caster staffs due to their abundance as well as lifedrain proc weapons due to it being a barrier of entry for more stealther.

Aside from this event, which makes the personal loot thing kind of mandatory, the other reason are numerous complaints regarding not getting the right weapon for certain classes while leveling, usually those with unique weapons like reaver flex.

I just want to point out that I, as some others, have made threads asking for other craftable weapons speeds be bumped up to 16.5 dps. Would be cool if this could happen, even the lifedrain procs would be awesome.
Wed 9 Dec 2020 4:39 AM by keen
gruenesschaf wrote:
We are not entirely happy with assassins (or solo player in general) to be kind of forced to do luck based rog farm but there weren't really any complaints and it also has the benefit of having some valuable item and also keeping the assassin population lower due to a barrier of entry existing.

The problem of life drain weapons is self-made.
They just didn't exist in classic daoc with 95 value but 65. They are outperforming other procs mainly due to this buffed value.65ll might still be slightly better than an ordinary 95proc, but not as much and it will be situational. With 95 life drain value the life drain is just better in every situation.

Remove the 95 value and set it to 65 value that it's supposed to be.
It's a custom buff to especially solo melee chars that forces everyone that wants to be competitive to farm those procs.

Straight forward solution would be to implement a crafred 95 life leech proc and buff 16.2 craftable weapons to 16.5 so you can craft everything you need instead of having to farm then due to your Rog system that allows those being 16.5 anyway.
Wed 9 Dec 2020 4:52 AM by The Skies Asunder
I think the event sounds great in theory. The item changes less so.

What worries me most though is the whole idea of getting items your original realm doesn't have access to, and then bringing them back over with you. As others have said. So depending on how that is handled, it should be fun.
Wed 9 Dec 2020 6:39 AM by Parole
Please consider making realm timer 30min permanently (after event). Thanks!
Wed 9 Dec 2020 6:40 AM by Zik
I love that idea! It would be amazing to keep it permanent being able to play any char in any realm!

For Darkspire, we can then do
- melee train with necro AF debuff + augH celerity
- bomb group with 1 tank, 1 pacH, 6 bombs
The new time records (DS/HoH) that will be achieved during that event will be very hard to beat after the event, that's why it should stay permanent :p
Wed 9 Dec 2020 7:22 AM by Simon73
Valaraukar wrote:
Tue 8 Dec 2020 6:45 PM
Good Idea on a separate server, very very bad idea on an unique server. This is going to mess up things, maybe it will be time to say goodbye to Phoenix (the Hib "underpop" bonus has already given a good push to that direction lol).

Mid had same bonus a couple of months ago..
Wed 9 Dec 2020 8:27 AM by Sepplord
Kwall0311 wrote:
Tue 8 Dec 2020 9:45 PM
relothj wrote:

The Event isn't in the event zone though, but serverwide in the RvR zone.
So to avoid it you would have to "just" not play at all...probably during christmas/newyear, while being lockdowned

Yeah, if your suggestion is to just find a new game to play, then ofcourse that works, but that also often results in people just sticking to that new game and not coming back.
Wed 9 Dec 2020 8:35 AM by MigSelv
In my opinon the event sounds like fun and i am looking forward to it.

However, i do not think that items aquired during the event, should be transfered back to the origin realm once the event is over. As stated numerous times before, it could, and probably would, create an imbalance to ordinary RvR once the event is over. I would think that a NPC should be added, kind of like a repossession merchant, that would store gathered cross-realm items on the specific realm upon leaving, so that they would be reaquired on coming events or characters of that given realm. Think of it as a temporary vault.

Considering the permanent changes to loot and ROG items, i believe that this should NOT be implementet without some kind of way for people to be able to farm for a specific item. Characters like infiltrators do not get invited to leveling sessions in general. Tbh, farming for items on a assassin, to get assassin items is all good and fine, but it would also considerable nerf availability to such items, as farming groups would be rather hard to balance (Why would you want casters? Caster loot or ROGS are really not that important. I have made all capped templates with less than 50 utility jewelery). The same can be said about healer types. My cleric uses jewelery between 40-50 utility and everything is capped... strenght and quick included.

I could suggest a /slash command to "Pick" a class you would like loot for, or and item category (1handet weapons, 2handet etc.). This command could have a cooldown to switch.

The 2nd idea i could suggest is, as named before, being able to craft 95 LT procs, 11.3dps dmg add procs etc.. This would have a massive effect on server economy, but would also be part in farming for items not being such a huge factor anymore, and farming of raw gold would be to craft items.

Changing ROG farming, when it is such a MASSIVE factor in templating of all characters, without giving people the option to farm for it on the characters they made for that purpose, seems disrespectful for the way people choose to play the game.
Wed 9 Dec 2020 12:42 PM by hookbill
so geharis? but with pvp? Should just make two more shards.. one full PVE and one full PVP.. done... this does sound interesting though.
Wed 9 Dec 2020 12:52 PM by Centenario
I'll take a 3.9 SPD polearm (spear) pls, and axes as thrust weapon on alb ^^
Also my candid-faced cleric would like an awe-inspiring & imposing chain helmet from mid!
Wed 9 Dec 2020 1:26 PM by Delegator
Still processing this change to item drops and its affect on so many things.

If item drops are 100% character-specific, then this will drastically change the availability of items on the housing vendor. Classes that don't/can't farm (assassins, most healers, wardens, bards, ) will find much less availability for purchase.

On the flip side, buying items for classes that can farm easily may be a thing of the past, or at least the fringes. Any power farming class (cabby/wizard/archers/shaman/animist/necro) will likely have more good items than they can use, but conversely be unable to sell them except to others who don't want to axtually kill stuff as they XP.

Fins groups in Hib will results in some pretty insanely equipped characters after a PL session.

I disagree completely that the trinket value for metal versus leather versus cloth versus wood is even close. You think people put up with the ridiculous darkness in Dartmoor for their health? No -- it's because of the metal drops that are extremely lucrative. The same is true of melancholic fairies -- they aren't camped 6 ways from Sunday because of the class-oriented animist drops, but because of those swords salvaging for arcanium. If the GMs truly believe that the value of different materials is close...sorry, you are wrong.

I really don't get the discussion about lifedrain procs. Here we have a GM saying, "the logical course of action should have been to request lifedrain procs and/or more weapon speeds to become craftable." Well, if you believe that, why hasn't THAT change been implemented? Is it because lifedrain procs are too powerful? It surely isn't because making such procs craftable is all that difficult; we have seen other customer procs and potions already added to the game.

In the end this won't actually destroy farming, but it will make it a damned sight more inconvenient because you'll need to have a buddy with a chain or plate wearing lowbie to help you get drops. And it won't eliminate the NEED for farming, because farming is more often about cash than about items. And it won't get many classes the drops they need, because many of those classes simply aren't equipped to go after drops -- and some aren't even wanted in groups that do.

So, lots of good intent but lots of bad effects in my opinion.
Wed 9 Dec 2020 1:30 PM by Kytie
My advice would be to add some 16.5 dps craftable options for weapons that match the best ROG options, as others have pointed out it will lead to significant advantages for players who were part of the event and got lucky with their drops otherwise.

Add 65 delve 100% return LT procs to alchemy and the whole problem goes away for the most part, players who attended still get a SLIGHT advantage by potentially using higher damage less return LT weaps, but at least there's crafting options for everyone else that are almost as good.
Wed 9 Dec 2020 1:31 PM by JUSTNSANE
- rog generation will become personal loot, this will be a permanent change. That means instead of the mob dropping a single weapon at x%, a single armor piece at x% and a single jewelry piece at x% it will become something like a x divided by group member % chance that is rolled for each individual group member and the item generated for a person is instantly looted by that person and no longer a normal mob drop. At the same time we will also disable the 50% chance to generate an item for a group member class and 50% chance to generate for any realm class, instead it will only and always be for your class. The somewhat unclear thing here is how epic raids will be handled, it seems likely that it will be a bit different.

I do not like this and wont be a part of this server if this is perma,
Wed 9 Dec 2020 3:18 PM by easytoremember
are you using flags for Midgardchain vs Albionchain and the like?
Wed 9 Dec 2020 3:26 PM by Sepplord
to play devils advocat regarding the change to farming:
a big complaint has been a disadvantage of farming for midgard VS alb/hibernia. The proposed change impacts this gap (for the better or far too much is a different thing)
Wed 9 Dec 2020 3:41 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Delegator wrote:
Wed 9 Dec 2020 1:26 PM
If the GMs truly believe that the value of different materials is close...sorry, you are wrong.

Per trinket, you're right, cloth is very much not worth the same as metal, but you get literally four times the amount of cloth as you do metal per salvage. 3 arcanium bars is 15g 9s 3c, while after buying thread 12 silksteel is 14g 32s 47c. Is cloth lower? Yes. Is it close? Also yes.

That said, I still think the new system is a horrible idea.
Wed 9 Dec 2020 4:28 PM by Stoertebecker
Just another option to encourage realm hopping.

WTF is our realm pride bonus? Wasn`t it voted in the last survey with 70+ yes votes?
Wed 9 Dec 2020 5:06 PM by DJ2000
Any answers available?

1. What if people want to keep a specific Toon a "Mercenary" (not talking about the Alb Class) even after the Event, would that be allowed? Would that trigger a Realm timer?
2. If a player were to claim a Keep/Tower as a "Mercenary", would that be "bound" to the Guild-Realm or the Toon-Realm?
3. What will happen to Friend/Ignore List before, and especially after adding other Realm Players to them, when switching Realms?
4. Plat/Gold will be "ported" to the other Realm as well, or will it switch to the whatever was available for that account in that Realm?
5. Buying Houses possible?
6. CG/BG before switching Realms remains?
7. Can Mercenarys carry Relics for or from new Realm?
8. Can ROG System be a /toggle to switch after the Event, so everyone can decide for himself if he wants this or not?
9. Will the Feather Skins for foreign Armors/Weapons be current Realm or the orig. Realm?
Wed 9 Dec 2020 5:28 PM by Mrdoctore
So many events in a short time ... It's not a bad thing at all (without any analysis).

If u do that on an healthy server with a lot of people, it sounds great and it means the support team is damn active.

But if u do that because the population is decreasing rly quick (especially with so many countries lockdown.... imagine without it), it sounds a bit pathetic (sry no offense there). I only played during the last two events since 2 or 3 months. I know a lot of people who did the same. We didnt play at all between those events. My conclusion (i might be wrong), u are not fixing any issues and the pop wont get bigger.

Are u waiting for an other server release announce to reset ur server ? Or u dont want to put a reset at all ?
Wed 9 Dec 2020 5:48 PM by thirian24
Mrdoctore wrote:
Wed 9 Dec 2020 5:28 PM
My conclusion (i might be wrong), u are not fixing any issues and the pop wont get bigger.

Have you thought that they aren't trying to "fix" anything by having events? And that perhaps it is just as its stated, an "event" for the people that do actually continue to play here?
Wed 9 Dec 2020 6:19 PM by Mrdoctore
Well, we didnt see any event during nearly a year, and now 3 events in 2 months... excuse me to think that there is an other goal behind this than just giving sthing to the player who still play. And it can be smart to try this to make some ppl coming back.

I dont blame the support team at all. They did great job the last two years for sure ! I just think that they wait for an other server release annouce before making the move (i mean the reset) which could be quite a mistake.

BUT WHO KNOWS xD
Wed 9 Dec 2020 6:41 PM by Moondragon
gruenesschaf wrote:

Arg, if that's the case, then perhaps one solution would be to make ROG items under level 50 custom to the class farming them, but level 50+ items are not affected. In other words, you keep the ability to farm high-level content as is, but you make leveling easier for classes that need unique loot.

I'd rather you simply don't do this event, make loot under 50 custom, and call it a day. Very nervous about these kinds of drastic changes lately.
Wed 9 Dec 2020 7:26 PM by Chihuahua
Love the effort from the team to introduce new content. However this concept is just too complex and also seems like a lot of work from the devs. I think new event is a great idea, however with an alternative concept.

Maybe make a topic about event ideas, put it to top10 voting and let the players choose the event?
Wed 9 Dec 2020 7:59 PM by William06
JUSTNSANE wrote:
Wed 9 Dec 2020 1:31 PM

I do not like this and wont be a part of this server if this is perma,

Pretty sure we are more then a few who agrees with u
Wed 9 Dec 2020 8:27 PM by Blitze
Tambourine wrote:
Tue 8 Dec 2020 11:00 PM
We don’t want scout reworks, we don’t want friar reworks, ra changes, or whatever. We just want a version of the game given.

Completely disagree, the Friar would be close to unplayable in so many facets of the game without the buffs the devs made.

The Devs have done other very beneficial changes and made some awesome events. Long may this continue and I wish for people to be more Tolerant of change.

Stale servers die.
Thu 10 Dec 2020 12:33 AM by Forlornhope
I mean the reason level playing field really worked at all or pugs stood any sort of chance was because the rr's were pretty much even. Now we're going to see cross realm comps that don't exist, for a reason, with the added bonus of oh hey everyone's rr10! Sounds like not a fun time, will sit this one out.
Thu 10 Dec 2020 1:02 AM by Freudinio
Forlornhope wrote:
Thu 10 Dec 2020 12:33 AM
I mean the reason level playing field really worked at all or pugs stood any sort of chance was because the rr's were pretty much even. Now we're going to see cross realm comps that don't exist, for a reason, with the added bonus of oh hey everyone's rr10! Sounds like not a fun time, will sit this one out.

Yep same for me.
Thu 10 Dec 2020 3:24 AM by Jophbot
I'm not sure using items as a barrier of entry for sneaks is quite correct ... I mean all this will do is force folks to cross level each others' stealth characters repeatedly until everyone has one+. Whether those will see frontiers time or not is arguable. And that's happening frequently already without these changes, this will just take away the ability for people to do things completely solo.

a /classdrop [class] command would be a nice thing. Screws with the barrier thing in terms of items, but more or less negates the need for sneaks being invited to leech xp, so one barrier down, another raised.

modifying alch to be able to make LT procs more readily available could be an option ... a potentially unpopular one for folks that DO participate in grouping sneaks for item drops for plat though, I mean value will rise as drops decrease. This lowers the item barrier, but only affects the xp barrier if crafted proc'd items are better than rogs available.

In short, I don't think you can make everyone happy, but you guys have done a bang up job on this server so far so I'm sure you'll make a good strategic decision in everyone's best interests either way
Thu 10 Dec 2020 3:24 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Forlornhope wrote:

So you just won't RvR at all for a week or more? Pretty sure they're planning on this taking place over Christmas and for long enough that they're concerned with PvE balance.
Thu 10 Dec 2020 3:52 AM by Lawdawg
gruenesschaf wrote:

If this means a shaman cant farm items for a spirit master, or a necro cant farm items for a reaver, or an animist cant farm items for a champion (am i reading this incorrectly?), this change will shut the server down within 1 month. Please correct me if i'm interpreting this incorrectly.
Thu 10 Dec 2020 3:56 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Lawdawg wrote:
Thu 10 Dec 2020 3:52 AM
Please correct me if i'm interpreting this incorrectly.

You are not.
Thu 10 Dec 2020 4:08 AM by opossum12
Yes the server is doomed, because ppl play daoc to continuously farm stuff for alts instead of RvRing.

That made lots of sense
Thu 10 Dec 2020 7:11 AM by PoisonClovers
This is going to cause so many issues in rvr and group mechanics ..not that any really exist as it is anyhow. this server is nose diving. pull the parachute cord and listen to the majority not the few.
Thu 10 Dec 2020 8:02 AM by MigSelv
As i stated on page 7 of this thread, i believe that the loot changes will do more harm than anything else.

The crafting changes that were discussed, would bring major changes to the server economy in a way that a whip (as an example) with 95 LT proc would cost a fraction of the current (200-300p). Weaponless temps would just the same disappear.

There would perhaps be an increase in RvR participants?
Thu 10 Dec 2020 9:52 AM by LOeGO
opossum12 wrote:
Thu 10 Dec 2020 4:08 AM
Yes the server is doomed, because ppl play daoc to continuously farm stuff for alts instead of RvRing.

That made lots of sense

Yes, alot of ppl do. RvR is fun, farming is relaxing..
Thu 10 Dec 2020 4:23 PM by Beeblebrox
How will account vaults work? If I have a hib toon in alb, will I get the items from hib in my account vault or items for alb? I would rather have access to both of course.

Thank You,
Beeblebrox
Thu 10 Dec 2020 4:43 PM by ExcretusMaximus
The more I think about this, the more I think this event is a precursor to a Mordred style ruleset swap, where the only good guys are in your guild / group.
Thu 10 Dec 2020 7:52 PM by Stoertebecker
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Thu 10 Dec 2020 4:43 PM
The more I think about this, the more I think this event is a precursor to a Mordred style ruleset swap, where the only good guys are in your guild / group.

Would kill the server within 3-6 month, with maybe 150 die hard ppl playing at the end.
Fri 11 Dec 2020 10:41 AM by Renork
Can we just do another repeat of the previous event but increase the xp in the last two brackets <3? This one sounds like a mess, plus the participation level doesn’t seem like it would be that high.
Fri 11 Dec 2020 2:09 PM by mattymc
Renork wrote:
Fri 11 Dec 2020 10:41 AM
Can we just do another repeat of the previous event but increase the xp in the last two brackets <3? This one sounds like a mess, plus the participation level doesn’t seem like it would be that high.

While I appreciate the effort, this looks like an unnecessarily complicated mess as an event.
Fri 11 Dec 2020 5:27 PM by Blitze
I’m excited for it.

Good points

1. Fighting with other realms is fun for a time in both RvR and PvE
2. New skins for weapons & armour is cool. And a nice permanent reward for participating.

Bad point

1. Dealing with problem BiS items from other realms. E.g. SB DoT weapon.

I believe there won’t be that many problem items and therefore, they can be handled in a case by case basis... e.g take the weapon off merchant/droptable for 3days.

I’ve enjoyed every event so far... so I am not worried.
Fri 11 Dec 2020 7:13 PM by Tamtrooper
Bravo once again to the Phoenix team for a creative idea that breathes new life into the game we all love. I would not be happy if this were permanent but as an event it is a fantastic idea. I'm sure there will be some problems but its an event people! Loosen up and have some fun.
Fri 11 Dec 2020 8:10 PM by jujube
I really hope you guys change your mind about rog drops.

Please do not be blind, listen to the population, no one wants farming nerf, will be a server killer.

For me 50% of my playtime is farming, for other toons, guildmates or friend.

Please please please listen to the player base.....
Fri 11 Dec 2020 10:32 PM by Cable
Event is not explained very well at all and seems very messy. What's up with the ROG generation change? Just, why?
Sat 12 Dec 2020 2:58 AM by Forlornhope
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Thu 10 Dec 2020 3:24 AM
Forlornhope wrote:

So you just won't RvR at all for a week or more? Pretty sure they're planning on this taking place over Christmas and for long enough that they're concerned with PvE balance.

Yup, I'll just do something else.
Sat 12 Dec 2020 12:30 PM by nineonezero
Thanks to dev team !!

my 2 cents:

I think if permanent should be really restricted to 1 toon per realm (3 toon/account) and once selected you can’t go back in the original realm (mercenary forever).
Sat 12 Dec 2020 1:11 PM by Stoertebecker
Forlornhope wrote:
Sat 12 Dec 2020 2:58 AM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Forlornhope wrote:

Same here, i think i`ll do some rounds on RoR or something totally different.
Sat 12 Dec 2020 3:52 PM by William06
Yea, would suck alot for the game if u change the rog drops... big change for alot of farming ppl.
Me for one, I farm 60-70% of playing time. Might be a game changer to play on this server, yes..
Sat 12 Dec 2020 4:04 PM by keen
I'm just hoping that if items stay permanently that there will be all these drops from different realms achievable afterwards. Otherwise it's a must play event and you need to know which items you need to get a permanent advantage.
E.g. 2.2 offhand for sbs. Sounds like a lot of detail that needs to go into this to prevent ppl having permanent advantages out of the event. I would just restrict items, so you can't get any item from a different realm. Allowing all these items to be exchanged causes a lot of headache.
Already applies for the test as well, so ppl don't get permanent advantage out of an event test.
Sat 12 Dec 2020 8:33 PM by Tyrlaan
Forlornhope wrote:
Sat 12 Dec 2020 2:58 AM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Forlornhope wrote:

TBH it sounds like jumping the shark to me. So many potential issues. With items, requiring this change to farming and many more ahead. With high RR group compositions which were never part of any realm balance consideration. With possibly permanent rewards, requiring this to be a recurring event to be fair to everybody else.

The PvP event only worked because it was new and empty characters, loot only suitable to them, RR1, ported out when event is over, new character for next event participation. And even the PvP event was taking its toll on RvR. But this is gonna mess up so many things.
Sun 13 Dec 2020 3:32 PM by inoeth
how is that change any less impactfull than the style change? this will change alot in the small scale pvp area...
Sun 13 Dec 2020 4:44 PM by Pigleto
Maybe you could make it so that you can salvage cloth squares into thread so we don't have to buy it from the merchant when we need to trinket our cloth squares. Either that or 20 cloth would equal 1 bolt of cloth. Similar to jewelry boxes you could make 1 bolt of cloth from 20 squares of cloth and then vendor it for almost full price. It isn't equivalent to salvage cloth compared to metal when you have to buy the mats to do it.
Sun 13 Dec 2020 6:27 PM by Xinlitik
Are x-realm characters going to be able to share items with native characters? E.g. alb char plays in mid, can he deposit items in account vault for his own mid chars to use?
Thu 17 Dec 2020 2:10 PM by Beeblebrox
What has become of this event? Is it still being worked on? What is the schedule for implementation?
Fri 18 Dec 2020 6:09 PM by inoeth
will there be 3.4 speed speers and 5.5 speed bows available for hunters?
dude that would be awesome
Fri 18 Dec 2020 6:19 PM by Kwall0311
inoeth wrote:
Fri 18 Dec 2020 6:09 PM
5.5 speed bows available for hunters?

If this were to happen, they would have to get the 5% overall bow damage nerf as well.
Fri 18 Dec 2020 7:15 PM by Stoertebecker
inoeth wrote:

What do you want with a 5.5 bow as a melee hunter?

If you target a hib at dc with a critshot and 27 bow (and no MoA) your target will be in Tir Na Nog before the shot launches.
Sat 19 Dec 2020 7:49 AM by inoeth
Stoertebecker wrote:
Fri 18 Dec 2020 7:15 PM
inoeth wrote:

If you target a hib at dc with a critshot and 27 bow (and no MoA) your target will be in Tir Na Nog before the shot launches.

i considered full **Edited by Uthred** spec to hunt flup
Sat 19 Dec 2020 8:18 AM by Stoertebecker
inoeth wrote:
Sat 19 Dec 2020 7:49 AM
Stoertebecker wrote:
Fri 18 Dec 2020 7:15 PM
inoeth wrote:

i considered full **Edited by Uthred** spec to hunt flup

Well, i`m not sure if that would work

5.5 spd bows are longbows (alb) and recurve bows (hib). Don`t think that a hunter could use them, hunters usw composite bows.
Nm, this idea for an event isn`t properly thought out.
Sat 19 Dec 2020 11:56 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Stoertebecker wrote:
Sat 19 Dec 2020 8:18 AM

5.5 spd bows are longbows (alb) and recurve bows (hib). Don`t think that a hunter could use them, hunters usw composite bows.

gruenesschaf wrote:
- unless client side display issues prevent this, hello trolls and avalonians, all classes will be able to equip all non class restricted armor of their own armor type (a druid will be able to wear scale, alb chain and mid chain), the resist vulnerabilities / resistances will be based on your current realm, not the armor itself. That means any hib character wearing any kind of chain / scale will still be slash vulnerable. For weapons we'll do something similar with for example slash / blades / swords becoming interchangeable, it's currently unclear if / how for example axe or left axe would fit into that.
Sat 19 Dec 2020 12:09 PM by Stoertebecker
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sat 19 Dec 2020 11:56 AM
Stoertebecker wrote:
Sat 19 Dec 2020 8:18 AM

gruenesschaf wrote:

It`s a bit different for bows

Nw, if it would be that easy the event would be already running. I have my doubts that it will happen anytime soon, but who knows?
Mon 21 Dec 2020 9:20 AM by Zik
I'm looking forward to playing this event! Any idea on the release date?
Mon 21 Dec 2020 9:22 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Seems like it's been put on hold, none of the tests they mentioned ever happened.

I assume that if it still happens, it will be after Christmas.
Mon 21 Dec 2020 3:16 PM by gruenesschaf
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Mon 21 Dec 2020 9:22 AM
Seems like it's been put on hold, none of the tests they mentioned ever happened.

Test will be early January, Christmas unexpectedly appeared in the middle of the intended timeline.
Mon 21 Dec 2020 3:42 PM by Zik
Thank you for heads up.
IMO, It might be interesting considering to deactivate the DS/HoH leaderboard because we will beat every record with new setup (6 bombs) that won't be beatable after the event.
Mon 21 Dec 2020 3:47 PM by Lollie
gruenesschaf wrote:
Mon 21 Dec 2020 3:16 PM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

Test will be early January, Christmas unexpectedly appeared in the middle of the intended timeline.

You need to increase the Christmas stealth detection radius, redicously OP atm just popping out of nowhere.
Tue 22 Dec 2020 2:49 PM by bculpepper
gruenesschaf wrote:

If you are moving to class specific drops I'm not the point of this change. If during the event a hib is doing PvE in Mid they would get scale instead of chain with the new drop rules. If you maintain the status quo on items so that scale/chain are NOT interchangeable and slash/blades/sword are NOT interchangeable, then the players get drops they can use and there is no reason to trade or buy from the other realm. You don't have to worry about the implications of sharing items between realms that may imbalance 1v1 (ie Dragonmight on a NS).

The only exception would be the few items that are universal like bows, but those could be handled individually.
Thu 24 Dec 2020 11:16 AM by Freudinio
gruenesschaf wrote:
Mon 21 Dec 2020 3:16 PM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

Sneaky christmas!
Sat 26 Dec 2020 12:46 AM by JLGarber
Is there any way this event can just be swapped for a pvp one? I don’t mean it as an insult but this realm change idea is a total creative fumble.
Sat 26 Dec 2020 12:53 AM by ExcretusMaximus
JLGarber wrote:
Sat 26 Dec 2020 12:46 AM
Is there any way this event can just be swapped for a pvp one? I don’t mean it as an insult but this realm change idea is a total creative fumble.

We don't even know the details yet.
Sat 26 Dec 2020 2:12 AM by JLGarber
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sat 26 Dec 2020 12:53 AM
JLGarber wrote:
Sat 26 Dec 2020 12:46 AM

We don't even know the details yet.

Yeah actually we do. You get to run around cotswold as an eldritch. Big wow.
Sat 26 Dec 2020 3:16 AM by ExcretusMaximus
JLGarber wrote:
Sat 26 Dec 2020 2:12 AM
Yeah actually we do. You get to run around cotswold as an eldritch. Big wow.

No, actually we don't. We have 13 pages of supposition and complaining, with nothing concrete about the event posted by any of the developers.
Tue 5 Jan 2021 5:36 PM by Beeblebrox
The event just announced is not this one right? It's the same event in the proving ground we did before isn't it? Has this event been dropped then?
Tue 5 Jan 2021 5:57 PM by gruenesschaf
Beeblebrox wrote: The event just announced is not this one right? It's the same event in the proving ground we did before isn't it? Has this event been dropped then?

Nope, this one will come sometime after the pvp leveling event. Currently still discussing how we're going to deal with the trading / item aspect.
Tue 5 Jan 2021 6:08 PM by Beeblebrox
gruenesschaf wrote:
Tue 5 Jan 2021 5:57 PM
Beeblebrox wrote: The event just announced is not this one right? It's the same event in the proving ground we did before isn't it? Has this event been dropped then?

Nope, this one will come sometime after the pvp leveling event. Currently still discussing how we're going to deal with the trading / item aspect.

Ok, thanks Gruenesschaf!
Sun 7 Feb 2021 7:39 PM by Beeblebrox
Is this event still being planned/worked on? I'm looking forward to it.

Thank You,
Beeblebrox
Mon 8 Feb 2021 5:10 PM by Gloti
"sometime after the pvp leveling event." I think.
Sun 14 Feb 2021 7:48 AM by Zik
Very excited, can't wait!
Sun 21 Feb 2021 9:33 PM by Hattrick
gruenesschaf wrote:

I didn't read every page of this thread so apologies if this was mentioned already. One big problem (depending on perspective I guess, some may see it as a benefit) that occurred on Mordred when realms could get their hands on one another's items was that Alb (and I suppose Hib too) dual wield classes could swing their off-hand every attack by putting a Midgard left axe item in it. I know because I had an infiltrator set up like that. Using a left axe item allowed you to ignore speccing in dual wield altogether so you could spec 50 thrust easily without really having to sacrifice. You could have a build like 50 thrust, 50 CS, 35 stealth, 35 envenom. That allowed for huge PA chains as well as much higher than normal melee damage.

It eventually got nerfed but you should be aware of the potential problem.
Mon 22 Feb 2021 6:46 AM by Sepplord
lol, games are coded in mysterious ways ^^
Sat 27 Mar 2021 6:34 PM by daytonchambers
Hattrick wrote:
Sun 21 Feb 2021 9:33 PM
gruenesschaf wrote:

I didn't read every page of this thread so apologies if this was mentioned already. One big problem (depending on perspective I guess, some may see it as a benefit) that occurred on Mordred when realms could get their hands on one another's items was that Alb (and I suppose Hib too) dual wield classes could swing their off-hand every attack by putting a Midgard left axe item in it. I know because I had an infiltrator set up like that. Using a left axe item allowed you to ignore speccing in dual wield altogether so you could spec 50 thrust easily without really having to sacrifice. You could have a build like 50 thrust, 50 CS, 35 stealth, 35 envenom. That allowed for huge PA chains as well as much higher than normal melee damage.

The "sploit spec" worked for shadowblades as well, you could equip an alb or hib blade in the left hand and avoid the LA damage penalty for low offhand spec.

Given that they announced this event months ago, and with no official update in forever, tells me that all the coding BS needed to make the event work was more problem than it was worth so they kind of just ghosted the idea.
Tue 30 Mar 2021 7:22 PM by Beeblebrox
daytonchambers wrote:
Sat 27 Mar 2021 6:34 PM
Hattrick wrote:
Sun 21 Feb 2021 9:33 PM
gruenesschaf wrote:

The "sploit spec" worked for shadowblades as well, you could equip an alb or hib blade in the left hand and avoid the LA damage penalty for low offhand spec.

Given that they announced this event months ago, and with no official update in forever, tells me that all the coding BS needed to make the event work was more problem than it was worth so they kind of just ghosted the idea.

I think your right this event probably isn't going to happen. I was looking forward to it. Perhaps the popularity of the level playing field (i.e. pvp leveling) event put it on hold. I have all the 50s I want or need so the Level Playing Field event isn't for me. I do other things while it is running.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Planned Changes or the latest topics