Raise the salvage drop rate again.

Started 22 May 2019
by AmpaMicakane
in Open Community Votes
Mon 3 Jun 2019 9:21 PM by AmpaMicakane
Getting 55gold for task is... fine... but not nearly enough to make farming solo unless you are an animist or a shaman and redcaps are not being camped. (don't know anything about albs).

I ask again, why make changes the reduce the number of viable farming methods? Would love a mod/dev response here it seems like they messed up royally by nerfing everyone when the problem was clearly animists.
Mojonear 50 skald
Mojoclose 50 warrior
Mojoadjacent 50 bone dancer
Mon 10 Jun 2019 1:44 PM by Aidereh
as my ratio to "in game activities I do for fun" to "in game activities I do so I can have fun later" get's smaller it becomes harder to justify booting the game up, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

I'm right there with you.(playtime down 50+%)

I started a shaman the day this changed. After I farmed axehands with my BD for the last time.
But from what i'm hearing, redcaps are dropping garbage since the jewel crafting changes that lowered the utility of dropped RoGs across the board.

A
Tue 11 Jun 2019 8:18 AM by Sepplord
Aidereh wrote:
Mon 10 Jun 2019 1:44 PM
since the jewel crafting changes that lowered the utility of dropped RoGs across the board

i completely missed that change to ROGs...could you elaborate pls (or link to notes if it was a documented change?)
Sat 15 Jun 2019 7:21 PM by Aidereh
I'm not sure what they changed.
But.
Before that patch, farming axehands, the lvl 51 RoG jewelry drops were 40-60 utility.
After the patch, lvl 51 Rog jewelry drops are mostly 20-40 utility; 50+Utiliy are extremely rare.

Before the patch, farming for about 10 hours, i might get 2-3 items i could sell for 200-500 gold.
After the patch, I get 0 items that I can sell.

Just my opinion, but, i think the Lvl of the Mob should be the minimum utility item it can drop.

A
Mon 17 Jun 2019 4:56 PM by Delegator
Aidereh wrote:
Sat 15 Jun 2019 7:21 PM

What they changed was that they eliminated the drop of the Shimmering Golden Alloy gear from any MOBs below level 55, and made it much more rare on those 55+. Where you used to get several items per hour that would salvage for 15 arcanium, you now get the same number that salvage for 3 arcanium. It was a huge nerf to farming. Apparently it was done primarily because there were MOBs that animists could mass pull and generate gigantic amounts of cash, screwing the Hib economy royally. But there were MOBs in Mid (Axehands) and Alb that had similar drop rates.

So, because one particular class in one particular realm could exploit the drop rate, it was removed for everyone everywhere. And animists can still mass pull whatever the current best farming MOB is, and outpace the other Hib classes in money.

It reminds me of the days in Everquest where they insisted that making you travel everywhere on foot somehow made the game more "epic." Take something people do only because they have to (farming for cash) and make it more unpleasant. Yay! This was the start of what has been a really annoying set of changes that seem calculated to make people leave.
Fri 21 Jun 2019 7:12 PM by The Maddog
Delegator wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 4:56 PM
Aidereh wrote:
Sat 15 Jun 2019 7:21 PM

It reminds me of the days in Everquest where they insisted that making you travel everywhere on foot somehow made the game more "epic." Take something people do only because they have to (farming for cash) and make it more unpleasant. Yay! This was the start of what has been a really annoying set of changes that seem calculated to make people leave.

This.

I don't farm because I specifically want to, I farm because I have to. DAoC might have got RvR going for it but it got a whole lot of things about crafting wrong and the dev's have got it completely wrong on this one.

Ok..so certain classes can farm the hell of of location's. So why should we all have to suffer? If I'm after cash I can just as easy (with the right classes) get a PoC bomb group or a DF Hulk challenge group and make more than I would have done farming Axehands solo anyway.

All the nerf has done is slow down my crafting and caused a significant hike in prices of Arcanium weapons and armour.

Now I'm not saying everything should revert back as that sytem was being abused "but" I think crafters should get a bonus. Maybe add another crafting quest or two that adds bracers or some such that either adds a slightly higher chance for a MP OR allows more salvage per item IF you have LGM status in main stats.

It;s all fun and nice having an artisian title (something I'm 150 points away from due to WC'ing) but perhaps Artisians / LGMs should have a hogher salavage rates than base line trinketers?
Sat 22 Jun 2019 2:03 PM by Gweinyth
Erok wrote:
Sun 26 May 2019 11:48 AM
Maybe just limit animists ability to farm ( and I mean a very slight nerf) and bring back normal rates and all will be well?

There is some misinformation going on here. Animist are not farming gold at a rate any faster than other classes in Mid and Alb. In the case of an in realm issue let's all just worry about our own realms. The constant nerf hib posts are getting old.
Gweinyth - 50 Bard
Dornoll - 50 Druid
Genoveffa - 50 Animist
Sassypants - 50 Ment
Gwendolan - 50 Eld
Neasa - 50 Ranger
Chalsarda - 50 Enchanter
Sat 22 Jun 2019 2:21 PM by florin
Gweinyth wrote:
Sat 22 Jun 2019 2:03 PM
Erok wrote:
Maybe just limit animists ability to farm ( and I mean a very slight nerf) and bring back normal rates and all will be well?

There is some misinformation going on here. Animist are not farming gold at a rate any faster than other classes in Mid and Alb. In the case of an in realm issue let's all just worry about our own realms. The constant nerf hib posts are getting old.

Bald face lie - Shame shame shame
Sat 22 Jun 2019 7:04 PM by dstrmberg
Gweinyth wrote:
Erok wrote:

Wat
Sun 23 Jun 2019 12:17 AM by Gweinyth
florin wrote:
Sat 22 Jun 2019 2:21 PM
Gweinyth wrote:
Erok wrote:

Bald face lie - Shame shame shame

Maybe you should check out this post. https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9798&start=10 No way an animist can solo a whole camp of reds and purples in one pull. So why are there no posts about nerfing a shaman ability to farm?
Gweinyth - 50 Bard
Dornoll - 50 Druid
Genoveffa - 50 Animist
Sassypants - 50 Ment
Gwendolan - 50 Eld
Neasa - 50 Ranger
Chalsarda - 50 Enchanter

Return to Open Community Votes or the latest topics