Just want clarification on why dueling is illegal in rvr ?

Started 18 Feb 2021
by bigb21281994
in Ask the Team
comparison is GVG. they have organized fights all night and no one bats an eye also if they lose they still get 1k rps. if a grp jumps in they can oull off and kill the third party but if i bow to a char i know there is no respect and it gets added by same realm or opposite realm amd as a solo at say 30% hp there isnt much you can do solo. and still people complain about respected fights. im here proposing that there be an incentive to solo and the tag thing does nothing btw. ive been tagged twice since it was implemented. ive played this game since 01 and i love it thats why im still here. back in the day people respected solos now they are hated on to the point where i know many many very good players that left because solo visi isnt viable. (i know that being a solo visi im gonna get rolled) its just outrageous that we solos try to get our rps too the way we love the game.
Thu 18 Feb 2021 9:12 AM by Uthred
Dueling in rvr is not illegal. If you see an enemy and want to /bow before you fight, that is not a problem.

We just dont want bow towns, where people are sitting in a circle and doing their fair fights while others that arent invited to the party, will get zerged down and/or insulted. We had several situations like this before and we told you guys multiple times before, that this is violating the rules.

You can add on a fight or you can watch a fight. Both is fine and within the rules. But move on after a fight, dont insult anyone who is not looking for fair fights, dont intentionally break CC on enemies to help them versus your realm. All these things happened in the past and are strictly forbidden. Btw, those things are forbidden for everyone and it doesnt matter if you are solo, smallman or 8man.
Thu 18 Feb 2021 1:57 PM by Astaa
There is also /fairfight for solo players, very few people use it though, sadly.
Thu 18 Feb 2021 2:12 PM by Sepplord
Astaa wrote:
Thu 18 Feb 2021 1:57 PM
There is also /fairfight for solo players, very few people use it though, sadly.

It can also be used in groups up to 5players, also very very few smallmens use it though
Mon 22 Feb 2021 3:32 AM by Nephamael

Actually quite some people use it at very early EU time.

The sad part about /fair toggle /fair list is

1) there is no reward for being on the list = less motivation for people to hopp on

2) you are just shown as precise as "Emain Macha" and that will not make anyone find you, unless you are at one of the relic gates and that takes a while.

I talked to the DEVs about options to improve this, especially by just giving more precise location display, without even a reward - so far they didn't hopp on it - but maybe this may still come.

And i still strongly suggest giving a reward for fair fights, especially to support low RR solos.

A low RR 8man fighting an 8v8 gets 1k RPs per player + RPs for any player they kill. a low RR solo losing 100 fights 1v1 gets 0 RPs for them.
Mon 22 Feb 2021 7:45 AM by Astaa
You get 1k bonus for killing someone solo on the fair fight list if you are also on the fair fight list. I didn't even know it worked for solo people until someone told me and I managed to find an SB that was also on the list. I am not sure if you also get a bonus for losing like you do in 8v8 as that was the single fight I have had with someone on the list

I asked the GMs about it, as with a lot of other things, it is just assumed everyone knows about it because it was in some patch notes many moons ago.

I quite like the more precise idea but as a trade-off, I would suggest a 10 min no RP debuff upon leaving the list, to fend off people joining it to track soloers to zerg down, though I'm pretty sure half the small man groups just do it out of spite anyway.
Mon 22 Feb 2021 9:19 AM by evert
Astaa wrote:
Mon 22 Feb 2021 7:45 AM
You get 1k bonus for killing someone solo on the fair fight list if you are also on the fair fight list.

I got all excited but this isn't true. Too bad!
Mon 22 Feb 2021 10:02 AM by Astaa
It most certainly is, unless it was changed in the last week or so, I killed Boriduex (spelling?) *correction, Thethird in Collery when I saw him on the list and got a 1k bonus.

I'll test it further when I have the energy to waste my time as a solo hero
Mon 22 Feb 2021 10:11 AM by Uthred
Dont waste your time. This is not correct and there is no bonus.
Mon 22 Feb 2021 11:01 AM by Astaa
I got a 1k bonus for something then, shortly after killing him, and it wouldn't have been tick because that is much lower at RR6

Just checked the recording of the fight (below, excuse the SD format, HD ver is still being processed on youtube) and it turns out, correct, there was no immediate 1k bonus. What would that have been from then? Someone told me there was a 1k bonus (we were discussing the command) and I scrolled up through chat and saw a 1k bonus from something shortly after the fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjhBr2xvnj4&ab_channel=morestupidforms

Edit, not got footage of seeing the line as I stop recording once I leave the frontier.
Thu 25 Feb 2021 1:36 PM by monkeygodbob
Astaa wrote:
Mon 22 Feb 2021 11:01 AM
I got a 1k bonus for something then, shortly after killing him, and it wouldn't have been tick because that is much lower at RR6

Just checked the recording of the fight (below, excuse the SD format, HD ver is still being processed on youtube) and it turns out, correct, there was no immediate 1k bonus. What would that have been from then? Someone told me there was a 1k bonus (we were discussing the command) and I scrolled up through chat and saw a 1k bonus from something shortly after the fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjhBr2xvnj4&ab_channel=morestupidforms

Edit, not got footage of seeing the line as I stop recording once I leave the frontier.

You got 1k for killing him more than likely. Trust me, there is no bonus RPs for being on the fair fight solo list.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics