Animists Beware! - Unknown exploit! - BAN WARNING!

Started 27 Apr 2020
by Toss
in RvR
I was fooling around on my Animist doing Domination Task (in Emain next to DC) Without thinking i set my main shroom ON THE FLAG wich was hibernia by then. Went to roam the area to see if i could find someone and my GF yell at me to come quick.. i point my character to DC doors and autorun then afk to not die.

I come back after 5-10mins, Disconnected. Logging in... First thing i see is big angry troll Uthred staring at me like a dissapointed father at his kids...
Apparently the Animist shroom cant be targetted (or even killed?) if its inside the flag. I didnt know about this.

So i got a warning stamp on my account... Just heads up for anyone who might do the same
Mon 27 Apr 2020 2:01 PM by Razur Ur
Toss wrote:
Mon 27 Apr 2020 1:52 PM
I was fooling around on my Animist doing Domination Task (in Emain next to DC) Without thinking i set my main shroom ON THE FLAG wich was hibernia by then. Went to roam the area to see if i could find someone and my GF yell at me to come quick.. i point my character to DC doors and autorun then afk to not die.

I come back after 5-10mins, Disconnected. Logging in... First thing i see is big angry troll Uthred staring at me like a dissapointed father at his kids...
Apparently the Animist shroom cant be targetted (or even killed?) if its inside the flag. I didnt know about this.

So i got a warning stamp on my account... Just heads up for anyone who might do the same

use your brain! dont cast shroom in or on flags walls trees or another structurs on this server world! easy rules! and this dont need a public discuss.
Mon 27 Apr 2020 5:08 PM by Toss
Razur Ur wrote:
Mon 27 Apr 2020 2:01 PM
Toss wrote:

use your brain! dont cast shroom in or on flags walls trees or another structurs on this server world! easy rules! and this dont need a public discuss.

Inside trees i understand since they are not visible, but targettable and killable. Apparently in flags you can see them but not attack them, thats totally different.
When i put it in/at flag the pole is minimalistic and i didnt think it would be a problem since the shroom can be clearly seen. But apparently you cant attack it..
Mon 27 Apr 2020 6:58 PM by inoeth
deserved shroomers need bans ofc^^

tbh why do you place the shrooms exactly on the flag point?! there is no need for doin that other than exploit
Mon 27 Apr 2020 7:00 PM by Quik
Yeah lets use a little common sense and stop trying to find novel places to put shrooms.

Quit trying to find the perfect hiding spot or unreachable spot or unseeable spot...

Just place the shrooms and play the game
Mon 27 Apr 2020 7:16 PM by easytoremember
He did nothing wrong. Normally you would be unable to summon the shroom there if the shroom was outside of LOS because the GT is in the same place as that consequent mushroom

He would also have had no way of knowing the pet was not possible to attack given the flags don't obstruct LOS to targets behind them

Finding places to conceal mushrooms from immediately being noticed is a staple of the animist
Mon 27 Apr 2020 7:48 PM by Patron
I feel weird to read comments...
Why in the fking hell a Animist would place the shroom not hided? Where is the sense to drop them on the plain ground, so everybody can see it?
The charme of this class is to build traps and lure your opponents to them.
Shrooms need to place at walls or doorways or behind stones or inside some nice fir´s.

Ofc i know the rule not to place shrooms inside of trees, because shroomss need to be targetable. And i am fine with this, but place the shrooms in cover is allowed.
Am i wrong? As long shrooms can get targeted, everything is ok.
Funny thing is, in the serverrules, nothing to read about shrooms or animist.
So where a player which start fresh, can get this ´´unwritten rules´´?

Yeah lets use a little common sense and stop trying to find novel places to put shrooms.
Yeah, lets stop discover the game and find new possibilites...
Lets do the same sht every day. Funny game
Wed 29 Apr 2020 10:34 PM by daytonchambers
Quik wrote:
Mon 27 Apr 2020 7:00 PM

Quit trying to find the perfect hiding spot or unreachable spot or unseeable spot...

Because placing the stack in a clearly visible spot is an easy way to get the shroom stack aoe mezzed and taken out of the fight entirely.

LOS blocks for shrooms is and has always been the ideal method of placement for them to be of any value against a cc class.

And your post reeks of hypocrisy, by the way, given your signature directly under it:
"It's a game and a game is meant to be enjoyed by everyone, not just a select few who want everyone to play their way!"
Thu 30 Apr 2020 9:04 AM by Uthred
As some of you seem to not know about this rule, I strongly advice to read the server rules again, and again.

10. Bug abuse and exploits
Reporting of all exploits to the staff is mandatory. You are required to immediately report and discontinue use of all discovered exploits.

10.1 A bug is defined as an unintended result of a game function that is unintentionally encountered and/or cannot be bypassed without altering the intended gameplay experience.

10.2 Exploiting is defined as the commission of an action within the game to circumvent or alter the normal functions of the said game.

1st offense: Warning
2nd offense: 3-day ban
3rd offense: 7 day ban
4th offense: 4-week ban
5th offense: permaban of player

Since day 1 putting shrooms into any kind of structure or place, where it is not attackable, isnt allowed. Mostly it is trees, but never underestimate the creativity of the playerbase.
Thu 30 Apr 2020 3:48 PM by Toss
@uthred I agree and understand. But my account is now marked with "Exploiter" or what you write Because i put a shroom inside flag, that can be seen from miles away. I just didnt know noone could attack it.
Do people get Exploit marked when playing around Crim Outpost too? That door is super bugged and almost noone can cast through it... But some can (Target not visible)

And for those saying dont put shroom in flag... in fact i ran the /groundset 950 macro and it happened to land right on the flag'ish and thats where the shroom went. So many stealthers around so i dont really consider moving my GT once its placed...

Further i always try to place shrooms hidden, like behind a tree or hill. Otherwise they are useless in open field. But avoiding putting them INSIDE trees since there you cant spot them at all (But you can target them and kill them, wich wasnt the case at the flag)
Fri 1 May 2020 4:31 PM by Quik
daytonchambers wrote:
Wed 29 Apr 2020 10:34 PM
Quik wrote:
Mon 27 Apr 2020 7:00 PM

Because placing the stack in a clearly visible spot is an easy way to get the shroom stack aoe mezzed and taken out of the fight entirely.

LOS blocks for shrooms is and has always been the ideal method of placement for them to be of any value against a cc class.

And your post reeks of hypocrisy, by the way, given your signature directly under it:
"It's a game and a game is meant to be enjoyed by everyone, not just a select few who want everyone to play their way!"

I played an Animist and I understand, I should have been more clear.

I don't expect people to not try to hide them behind walls, or in hard to see locations, but I have zero sympathy for people who try to put them in exotic places like on a wall where it is unreachable, or inside a physical object, or on top of a flag pole.

You can call me a hypocrite all you want but my stance has always been the same and it has never varied. Play how you want WITHIN THE RULES and stop trying to get special privileges for your play style.

As a former Animist I know how tempting it can be to find special spots for shrooms and always looking for that ONE great spot, but I also understand common sense and placement.
Fri 1 May 2020 4:36 PM by Riac
if you put your stack in an unhittable spot, they should jsut delete you ani and give you a 3 day. play dumb all youd like, but you know its against the rules.
Fri 8 May 2020 11:04 AM by Folobadob
So what about putting the near the oil on the inner keep? Is that allowed? If you are attacked and stand on outer level to do it?
Fri 8 May 2020 10:39 PM by Azrael
Toss wrote:
i point my character to DC doors and autorun then afk to not die.

rofl, I think I really like this part the most. Isn't autorun illegal to avoid disconnect? ( I hope nobody corrects me, otherwise it isn't that funny anymore )
Sat 9 May 2020 11:53 AM by Toss
Azrael wrote:
Fri 8 May 2020 10:39 PM
Toss wrote:
i point my character to DC doors and autorun then afk to not die.

rofl, I think I really like this part the most. Isn't autorun illegal to avoid disconnect? ( I hope nobody corrects me, otherwise it isn't that funny anymore )

Autorun doesnt avoid disconnection afaik. You need to input something, write, move or whatever
Mon 11 May 2020 10:06 AM by Sepplord
yeah, autorunning doesn't do anything here, and i believe he meant he did that so his character would run towards the keep instead of him standing around in the open while he is on a short AFK to check what his girl wanted. Auto-disconnect doesn't seem to be any issue in this story.

PS: @Azrael, you are probably thinking of wow where that is often done after expansions release or recently when classic released and people did it to circumvent login queues
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics