Ruminations about seasons

Started 26 Jul 2022
by chryso
in Tavern
Leveling to 50, skilling up crafting and getting templated usually takes me a few months. I am afraid to say that the idea of having just a couple of months to play once that is done is not that appealing to me. Now, a realm rank reset every so often would be a much more palatable way of leveling the playing field in my opinion. If this is not possible I would like to make a suggestion for seasons. Make them significantly different instead of rolling out the exact same thing every time. For example, one season could be Classic season, no spellcrafting or alchemy. These were the days when Epic Armor reigned supreme.
Guys, I love the work you have done. On Phoenix 1 I had at least one of every class in all three realms leveled to 50 and templated. I had a good time doing it. There is no way I could do that again, nor would I want to. I just have a feeling in me that if this is going to be seasons then I care a little less about my characters.
Sat 30 Jul 2022 9:39 AM by Jerrian
If I got it right from the announcement, the seasons will be different and there will be some votings before reset how they shall look like?

My concern is, that some ppl won´t accept the seasoning when they have to start every time from scratch. So currently RR5 chars will remain with their name but get a reset, my suggestion is do the same with legendary crafters and keep their main crafting skill maybe?

The Season system has it pros and cons, there must be something to keep the people motivated to roll over again, different seetings and additional content can be one thing, or special rewards that keep over to the next season, I dunno. The worst thing for myself would be to raise crafters again and again, as it it very time and money consuming, even with the given phoenix benefits. The season system is ok for set guilds and groups, but it ´s bad for ppl who have not much playtime and/or playing solo mostly as their progression might be too slow in view of the coming resets (they need more time to reach 50, template chars, getting started for rvr).
Tue 9 Aug 2022 6:24 PM by SlowMo
Have to agree with this guys.

Make me level again , reset me to RR1, i´m fine with this. But plz let me keep my SC.
Nothing more frustrating to farm all this currency especially as a sin.

And another Point, plz let sins at least pve and ban them from pvp/rvr for the first few weeks whatever.

Cheers
Sat 13 Aug 2022 6:55 AM by Glasny
Heya, my 2c :

I was thinking the same about full character wipe, but after a bit of though, i have mixed feelings about it:

For the XP process, i think they nailed it with the powerleveling battleground events during Phoenix 1.
It made the leveling process fun, engaging and super fast.
If they used that for Phoenix 2, i would have no issues doing it all over again every season.

The itemization process needs some tuning IMO, to make it more accessible for casual players. Having to farm for weeks to have a full SC for one character will not work for many players.

As for crafting, i would rather not have the reset, the leveling process is too painful
Mon 15 Aug 2022 1:41 PM by chewchew
Glasny wrote:
Sat 13 Aug 2022 6:55 AM
The itemization process needs some tuning IMO, to make it more accessible for casual players. Having to farm for weeks to have a full SC for one character will not work for many players.
I think the difficulty to make a template was fine on phx1.
If you are a casual player, just dont aim for a template that caps everything. Cut some corners and templating is easy, cheap and fast.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics