The Sky Is Really Falling This Time

Started 24 Jul 2021
by gruenesschaf
in Tavern
Sat 24 Jul 2021 12:29 PM by evert
Thanks very much for the server guys, fully understand closing it now. Was a real lifesaver during covid even if I didn’t know it would be when I started Feb 2020. Looking forward to the next edition.

And thanks to everyone who played here, even the haters and losers (to paraphrase the former leader of the free world).
Dwarf Fru
Sat 24 Jul 2021 12:42 PM by Shamissa
First freeshard i had a blast. Thank you Uthred, Schaf and the whole Phoenix staff. I am really sad at this time i have not much words.

I have met a lot great folks in this game ....you all take care and good luck everyone.

Shiane
Sat 24 Jul 2021 12:45 PM by Tommylad
I have been a bit unkind to some of the whiners { a lot of them deserved it tho :-} } and also to the devs a times. But I have also met some great people who I'll miss. Cortesia the best tanking cleric in Thid and Gwen who always buffed Hari, and Saragirl, a great Scout. Don the Wanderer who never took offence at the teasing and still never finished painting the Mid Bridge :-} FoA, a great Guild. I think maybe the Devs should have left Thid be, it was great fun but sadly they messed with it and killed it. Also they messed around too much with other stuff and it wasn't always for the better. BUT....I will give them a lot of credit for being brave in much of what they achieved, so thx everybody.
Sat 24 Jul 2021 1:01 PM by Nunki
Thank you for your time and efforts!

I met old friends, made new ones and experienced countless wonderful hours on your server.

I really hope that you get back with another project at some point!

Greetings Nunki
Sat 24 Jul 2021 1:05 PM by gotwqqd
Ah
Was just about to build a new rig so I could play with the kid…..
Sat 24 Jul 2021 1:09 PM by Magesty
It has been an absolute pleasure. After a decade+ of disappointing DAoC experiences between live and either poorly programmed or entirely too rigid freeshards, Phoenix really brought back my love of the game. Well run server from start to finish.

Looking forward to a second iteration in the future.

Thank you.
Sat 24 Jul 2021 1:26 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Well this is just a swift kick in the dick.

I know I've been a pain in the ass at times, but I really do want to sincerely thank you for running the server; this server has been the best gaming experience of the last decade in my life. Without your server I wouldn't have met the people I call my friends today. I hope you have another project in sight, and it does well.

Thank you.
7,881,878 | 4,708,489 | 3,049,781
Sat 24 Jul 2021 1:48 PM by Prometheus
I take it you all will be working on the new server that was spammed to many people on discord then because even Uthgard has kept their server online so this announcement doesn't really make sense.
Sat 24 Jul 2021 1:51 PM by Kennan
This was an unexpected decision to say the least. I hope there's still a chance you'll reconsider it because I enjoyed a lot playing on this freeshard, and it was my first real DAoC experience. I'd love to be able to continue.

If not, thanks a lot for all the work the team put in this server, and I sincerely hope you'll consider releasing your source code as free software under say GNU GPL so that others can benefit from it.

No idea if I'll go to live or to another freeshard, but what's certain is that I'll ask first (myself and others) if there's a chance the server will close unexpectedly (see Uthgard, they're still online even though I can't play there because their login system doesn't work under GNU/Linux).

Thanks again, hoping to continue to play here, otherwise good luck in your future endeavors.

Shanen
Sat 24 Jul 2021 2:00 PM by Ariesel
I've always been impressed by all of the devs here. Thank you for donating your time & talent to give us a fun place to play my favorite MMO of all time. It's enabled me to reconnect with old game friends as well as play with new ones. I wish you MUCH success in your future endeavors! <3

Ariesel of Nimue, DAOC

Return to Tavern or the latest topics