The Sky Is Really Falling This Time

Started 24 Jul 2021
by gruenesschaf
in Tavern
Wed 18 Aug 2021 11:42 AM by Lev
first of all, thanks to the devs.
they did a marvellous job on the technical side. proper professional server setup und stability. I mean we had raids where it blew up, but I think this was unavoidable because of client issues. we all can remember the 300+ players tuscaran raids.

then of course, thanks to have the vision AND the will & skill to get the necessary work done.
for me personally the state of the server some months after release (with OF and rvr tasks) was the best DAoC experience after the glory days of Uthgard 1. thanks for that.

and I got to say: if I hear of another project of this dev group, I will be checking it out for sure.

thx. and have fun.
Thu 19 Aug 2021 9:21 AM by Yarik
</3
https://herald.playphoenix.online/c/stefanox
Sun 22 Aug 2021 9:22 PM by pantssama
Please open source your sql database, customizations, tooling, etc.
Sat 28 Aug 2021 1:18 PM by Freedomcall
The Phoenix Server was a great fun for me!
I enjoyed playing Uthgard 2 until it lasted, but since I started to play Phoenix, I realized everything was better here.
I was actually suffering constant yellow ping on Uthgard, and my skills would start to fire like 0.5 seconds after I press the key.
But ping was very good on this server and I really loved it.
I don't know what difference between 2 servers made that happen though.

Devs and GMs were very friendly and helping.
It was not every plan or patch that I supported, but I think most of the patches done here were relevant.

Covid-19 was, and still is, a tragedy for us in real life, but I think all those quarantine and self-isolation made this server even more crowded.
That was the same for me as well.
I spent a lot of time playing Phoenix due to this pandemic.

But again, this success with such an old game would've not materialize without GMs and players.
I want to thank all the GMs and players for their contribution on this great server.
I'm not sure if or when this server will be back, but if it ever does come back, I hope I could have some fun again.
Till then, good luck to you all!

-
Bisu/Bisuya/Bisuda
Multiple chars from <Hasta la vista Baby>
Multiple chars from <Thats what she said>
Multiple chars from <Im not new Im just Bad>
Sat 28 Aug 2021 3:20 PM by naglorand
hope u guys release a new server soon, this was the strongest freeshard I have seen yet! great stuff really, and hope to see all that effort constitute in phoenix 2 or whatever u guys decided next. thank you phoenix team and good luck
Mon 30 Aug 2021 10:33 AM by Slyst0nex
I'm going to keep it short but thanks for the fun, the memories and for helping to cope with the past year and a half with all its craziness.

It was a blast.

Ad maiora,

Sly
Mon 30 Aug 2021 8:57 PM by Francisco13
Many thanks to the developers for their hard work and to the whole community who make this great game survive.
Special thanks to the stealthers for all the memorable duels we have had! (Exo, Mixalis, Brainstorm, Wutan, Naas, Lonelyheart, Eriel, Zigushade, Therabbin... and many others!) and to my guild, the "Gobelins" with whom I spent a lot of great times.

Hope to see you soon guys! (on Atlas maybe?!)
Nairobi - RR11 Infitrator - Gobelins
Tue 31 Aug 2021 6:13 PM by Shamissa
This sucks balls just not being able to loggin anymore and you guys arent here make me cry/sniff

rest in peace Phoenix . Come back some day please!!!
Tue 31 Aug 2021 7:40 PM by ParadiseOne
RIP, thanks for the devs and players for the memorable experience. -Dead

Return to Tavern or the latest topics