The Sky Is Really Falling This Time

Started 24 Jul 2021
by gruenesschaf
in Tavern
Tue 27 Jul 2021 5:41 PM by Anaris
Sincerely thank you for having made this server
Annaris Friar 7L0<Gobelins>. Phoenix
Anaris Friar 11Lx <Ordre de Malte>. Broceliande.
Tue 27 Jul 2021 9:06 PM by Galdrick
I rarely post.
Huge thanks to devs for this server. I really had fun met fantastic players... QoL were on spot for people who do not have much time to spend into the game (we are not 15 yo anymore!).
I will miss it very much. Really hope your 2.0 project will be live one day because you are definitely way above other freeshards.
Don't let spoiled children tell you otherwise.
Tue 27 Jul 2021 10:30 PM by jg9109
Can you pm the link to celestius your other post was removed
Wed 28 Jul 2021 1:43 AM by lourock
I was on this server since beta. I was critical of this server at times and skeptical it would even work from the beginning. I must admit I enjoyed my time here and had fun doing the custom content that I was critical of. These devs were very impressive. That being said not everything was perfect but thats ok. I had a lot of fun and had many memorable fights solo, zerg and small man! As a casual but life long fan of DaoC these devs get an A - from me. I have played almost every freeshard but uth 1. This one and Genesis were my favorites.

Thanks Phoenix Devs I wish you guys the best.
Wed 28 Jul 2021 6:57 AM by Blitze
Excellent server, thanks thanks thanks.

I’ve played genesis/uth1/uth2 and live… you guys did a good job on a number of balance issues inc. the Friar (which due to buffpots is tough)

I am undecided about starting Atlas, but on reading their patch notes, I think the’ve only learnt from some of your changes… I expect a rocky road.
Wed 28 Jul 2021 7:49 AM by Durandal
Thank you guys for making this a great and memorable DAoC experience. Enjoy the relaxation! I met some awesome people here. Phoenix was a success and you guys did a really good job. I wish we never lost the old frontier, but I still put in a lot of hours with the change and it helped me get through last year when things weren't good in the world.

I just fear what will become of DAoC. It is still the best, but now there is no place I would like to play for now so maybe I'll move on, until next time we all get together in the same place...
Wed 28 Jul 2021 2:30 PM by FaBx85
A big hug to everybody, we'll meet again in some months or in some years from now, take care of all you guys.

- Dragonik
Midgard - Dracor Berserk / Doraura Healer / Dragonic Skald / Dragonik Shadowblade / Dragonika Hunter / Vortigernn Shaman / Dragonikx Bonedancer / Dragonica Spiritmaster / Dragoniks Runemaster / Dragonikal Thane
Hibernia - Dragonixx Animist / Dragonixs Nightshade
Wed 28 Jul 2021 2:48 PM by Jacksontown
You guys allowed me to play my favorite game. I can't thank you enough.
Wed 28 Jul 2021 4:18 PM by Enyore
Shout out from Malerhjerner/Malerfjerner/Malerstjerner to Uthred + crew, it has been 3 great years of fun.

We will miss the shard very much.

You did a great job with the server. You brought back the old days and made it even more fun than live ever was.
Jero.
Wed 28 Jul 2021 5:28 PM by Toss
A big reason this server has Died is because of the extreme control from developers and GM's. I have never enjoyed a server as much as this one, The core and everything how the gameplay works can't be much better. But then again. You accidently log in from the wrong computer and you are PERMA INSTA BANNED for account sharing and what not. Half of my friends have been Permabanned and are no longer able to play the game they enjoy so much, What happens when half my friends dissapear? They want me to enjoy other games with them instead. And sure, then people like me move on to other games.

YOU Developers have basicly created a perfext sandbox for us to play in just to Kick us out without any sort of redemption if you do the slightest mistake. So this is on you, its your own fault this has come down, not the players.

I would gladly continue to play. I have never been on a server that listens so much to the community, voting for changes and what not. THAT is extremely good! I just think you failed massivly on the Supervision end. Its good that you guys prevent botters, afk-farming and what not, but it's like Covid. The lockdown does more damage to players than the actual disease

Return to Tavern or the latest topics