How to rearrange the order of the characters in your selection screen

Started 11 Aug 2019
by JaggedOne
in Tavern
This is hot off the Phoenix Discord. I thought it was a joke, so I tried it and it worked !!!

While in game, type "/cmd rearrange". This will display the two commands you can use, and their syntax:

- "/rearrange list" will open a message box that shows all your characters in all realms, followed by their slot id value.

- "/rearrange setslot [source slot] [target slot]" will move the character in source slot to target slot. If [target slot] is occupied, it will switch the position of the two characters.

This also works across pages, so you can use it to bring a character from page 1 to page 0, so you can then switch to that character just by logging out, w/o having to exit the game completely and re-run it. Also, you can move retired or little used character off the main page (page 0) to a back page.

Also, since it's an in-game command, you can use these commands in macros.

I understand that a lot of players couldn't care less about this, but for someone slightly (?) OCD like me, it is awesome. I used it to put all my 50s together at the top, and to group all my Thid twinks together.
Sun 11 Aug 2019 7:51 AM by Ashok
Good that players know the command, but staff don't. ops:
Sun 11 Aug 2019 8:52 AM by JaggedOne
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sun 11 Aug 2019 5:04 AM
Holy shit, you sir are my hero!

I'm just posting what Odbo figured out and posted on Discord, and noting that I tested it and it works. I was really surprised that there was not a single comment on DIscord after he posted it (I also told about it in Mid /adv and again, not a single comment). I expected to see pages of peeps making comments like you just made...lol I don't how many times I have looked at my character selection screen and thought "Why the hell did I put that toon there? Oh, if I could only move these guys around...".
Sun 11 Aug 2019 5:03 PM by Warjon
wow. almost 20 years and never heard of this! amazing
Mon 12 Aug 2019 4:17 PM by chryso
Thanks, marking for when I get home.
Tue 13 Aug 2019 3:49 AM by Cadebrennus
JaggedOne wrote:
Sun 11 Aug 2019 3:50 AM
This is hot off the Phoenix Discord. I thought it was a joke, so I tried it and it worked !!!

While in game, type "/cmd rearrange". This will display the two commands you can use, and their syntax:

- "/rearrange list" will open a message box that shows all your characters in all realms, followed by their slot id value.

- "/rearrange setslot [source slot] [target slot]" will move the character in source slot to target slot. If [target slot] is occupied, it will switch the position of the two characters.

This also works across pages, so you can use it to bring a character from page 1 to page 0, so you can then switch to that character just by logging out, w/o having to exit the game completely and re-run it. Also, you can move retired or little used character off the main page (page 0) to a back page.

Also, since it's an in-game command, you can use these commands in macros.

I understand that a lot of players couldn't care less about this, but for someone slightly (?) OCD like me, it is awesome. I used it to put all my 50s together at the top, and to group all my Thid twinks together.

Sun 27 Dec 2020 2:18 PM by Dakkhon
How do you actually type that out? I want to move a toon from page 1 to 0. lets say page 1 toon is 100 and page 0 space is 200....
Sun 27 Dec 2020 3:04 PM by maxmad
slot numbers have 3 digits: ABC
A = realm (1 for Albion, 2 for Midgard, 3 for Hibernia)
B = page from 0 to 9 (0 being the first one)
C = slot from 0 to 9 (0 being the first one)

Obviously you can't move chars from one realm to another, so the first digit always stays the same.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics