Ranger being able to stealth with in 2 seconds of combat?

Started 13 Jul 2018
by Deathmachine
in Support Center
Hello just had a ranger attack the group i was in he was bolted to the face. just as the skald ran up and landed a mezz direct on him. then hit with hammer he ran 5 feet away from him and stelathed. he was then unstalthed by a pet and i landed a dot on hiit that was tcking away. then the fight finishes with him killing the group he fires a arrow and then with in a few seconds he stealths again. I have it Recorded so will get it uploaded and linked intot his thread. As i cant see to log into the bug report section. but this is somthing broken with out of combat restelath. as there is no way to restealth while still in combat for a ranger that i know of.
Fri 13 Jul 2018 10:45 PM by Deathmachine
ok vid loaded up now what ya think....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eApaVBLLh3M&feature=youtu.be
Fri 13 Jul 2018 11:30 PM by Zansobar
Didn't look like he stealthed to me. It looked more like a server lag issue or something as he just blipped out for about 2 seconds and was visible again.
Sat 14 Jul 2018 9:51 AM by Deathmachine
Possible using a lag switch? As this was happening with him all day. That was the reason I grabbed the video this last time.
Sun 15 Jul 2018 12:51 AM by sebbo
He does this everytime. Already appealed, since this isn´t normal game mechanics. Doesn´t seem as if any GM cares.
Sun 15 Jul 2018 4:05 AM by Wilfu
Zansobar wrote:
Fri 13 Jul 2018 11:30 PM
Didn't look like he stealthed to me. It looked more like a server lag issue or something as he just blipped out for about 2 seconds and was visible again.

No he clearly stealths, server lag would have him tping all over the place not disapearing and losing target. You can clearly see the video maker loses target at all intervals where he/she disapears. Server lag would not yield this result. This is clearly cheating in some way. Especially since you would not be able to stealth with a dot on you.
Fri 27 Jul 2018 11:06 AM by Ceen
People bug out and are not visible by accident all the time.
If you run into a wrong place you simple insta ld.
Fri 27 Jul 2018 1:59 PM by Numatic
sebbo wrote:
Sun 15 Jul 2018 12:51 AM
He does this everytime. Already appealed, since this isn´t normal game mechanics. Doesn´t seem as if any GM cares.

Just because a GM didn't personally respond doesn't mean they didn't get it. They will usually follow them while invisible to see it happen. Unfortunately they cant take everyone at their word so they have to be patient until the person is in another situation where they would cheat while the GM follows them.
Fri 27 Jul 2018 7:57 PM by gruenesschaf
It's not stealth and it's no third party tool or anything similar. We're still trying to figure out if we can mitigate the cause somehow.
Fri 27 Jul 2018 8:58 PM by Quik
Ceen wrote:
Fri 27 Jul 2018 11:06 AM
People bug out and are not visible by accident all the time.
If you run into a wrong place you simple insta ld.

I have been all over Alb/Hib/Mid during the beta and not LD at all...not sure where "all the time" comes into play.
Fri 27 Jul 2018 9:53 PM by heardstheword
Quik wrote:
Fri 27 Jul 2018 8:58 PM
I have been all over Alb/Hib/Mid during the beta and not LD at all...not sure where "all the time" comes into play.

Clearly you haven't been in Jord.
Fri 27 Jul 2018 10:12 PM by Quik
heardstheword wrote:
Fri 27 Jul 2018 9:53 PM
Quik wrote:
Fri 27 Jul 2018 8:58 PM

Clearly you haven't been in Jord.

I live in Jord. All my main toons are in Jord. Quikbuff/Quikskald/Quikpac/etc. Mid has been the main realm I have played. Not a single LD since I started playing day 1 of beta. I do my crafting in Aegir though.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Support Center or the latest topics