New Gaming Computer, Game will not load

Started 12 Feb 2021
by Revjayk
in Support Center
Could someone please help me. I recently built a new gaming rig. I downloaded everything AND downgraded from 1.27 to 1.25. The game will load onto the character select screen, but when I select a toon and start the game, it bounces me out with no error message. What can I do to fix this??
Fri 12 Feb 2021 7:45 AM by elflord
Couple of suggestions. Are you using a custom UI? Is the new rig’s video card set for really high resolution? Try running the Live DAoC client and see if it acts similarly. Might change the compatibility settings running Phoenix launcher to to Win7. Just a couple of ideas.
Fri 12 Feb 2021 8:55 AM by Beckett
Revjayk wrote:
Fri 12 Feb 2021 4:29 AM
Could someone please help me. I recently built a new gaming rig. I downloaded everything AND downgraded from 1.27 to 1.25. The game will load onto the character select screen, but when I select a toon and start the game, it bounces me out with no error message. What can I do to fix this??

If this problem is unresolved feel free to contact me on discord
https://discord.gg/4AWAhUs
Fri 12 Feb 2021 9:12 PM by Revjayk
Elflord,

I am running Bob's Custom UI on the new rig, I ran the same UI on the old computer. I reset the compatibility mode to Windows 7. I am running a Radeon 6800 video card. I am having a bi*ch of a time lowering the custom resolution rate on it as anything smaller than 1940x1068 is not compatible (which the options screen shows that is the highest resolution the game can handle). I'm going to keep fiddling with the settings.

Beckett, I will be hopping onto Discord in a bit. My screen name is Revjayk.
Sat 13 Feb 2021 8:08 AM by elflord
It does sound like the resolution settings. Also, just try the default UI with no custom just to see.
Sat 13 Feb 2021 12:45 PM by Dadbodosteel
Check your firewall settings too. This happened to me a while ago because of my firewall.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Support Center or the latest topics