Mouselook

Started 17 Jul 2018
by Malyss
in Support Center
I've always turned by holding down the left mouse button and looked around when holding down the right mouse button.

I can't get either of these to work on Phoenix. Is this enabled or would the problem be my side?

Cheers in advance for any advice
Tue 17 Jul 2018 7:12 PM by Quik
In your keybinds is a place that has something called mousepan or something. That is mouselook I think. Its what I did anyway.

If I change a movekey it makes my mousepan have no binding for some reason.

Also, I have to change my keybindings on the character select screen or they don't save for some reason.
Tue 17 Jul 2018 11:14 PM by MacPrior
At live DAOC I was able to turn around the camera look and click on the target, if a look for example behind me. Over hier it is some kind not possible. Or I forgot how to arrange this. Any one a solution?
Wed 18 Jul 2018 9:11 AM by Jagjrjo
There should be a slash command: /snapback off.
Didn't test it though.
Wed 18 Jul 2018 12:05 PM by Malyss
Thanks for the info guys. I have altered the camera settings in the 'keyboards' menu to look then pan with the left and the right mouse button and updated the mouse drivers but to no avail.
The snapback command toggles whether the camera automatically reverts to centre or stays where you leave it when you release the mouse button.
I guess if everyone else can look with their mouse other than me (& McPrior) then I guess this is not an issue with the freeshard (that will be resolved if I just wait)
A shame really as if I can't fathom a solution I don't think that I'll be able to play on this server, which looks soooooooo good!
Tue 24 Jul 2018 9:34 AM by Elusive_Fury
There are options for mouselook in the options menu from character select, including an option to disable or enable it, and to set the speed. I didn't see that mentioned here, so perhaps that is the problem?
Wed 25 Jul 2018 12:15 PM by Bigga
its a known bug for 1.124 client ..... nobody fixed it yet. may broadsword will fix it on next patch. u cant set rightclick to mouselook or strafe yet
Sun 29 Jul 2018 6:41 PM by Malyss
@ Elusive: I've tried that too but no good. Thanks though.
@ Bigga: OK cheers, I guess I just need to apply a liberal dose of patience.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Support Center or the latest topics