game client stops working when alt+tab

Started 2 Dec 2020
by majky666
in Support Center
It is quite often, like 3 times from 10 alt+tab actions. I use 2 monitors, GTX1660Ti, Win10 64 pro and running game as admin.
When alt+tab, sometimes game screen goes black and game client is not responsing, so I am forced end it via task manager and run game again. What is causing it, how solve it, plz? It's very annoying specialy when in groups.
Wed 2 Dec 2020 8:19 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Have you tried playing in full screen windowed?
Wed 2 Dec 2020 8:20 AM by gotwqqd
Did you every hear the joke “Hey Doc, when I move my arm like this it hurts.......”
Wed 2 Dec 2020 8:26 AM by majky666
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Wed 2 Dec 2020 8:19 AM
Have you tried playing in full screen windowed?
I can try
Wed 2 Dec 2020 1:04 PM by Nunki
Try the following:

- Start the game
- Check your "Client Sleep" settings under your game settings and check your current client sleep mode ingame with "/clientsleep" afterwards
- You will most likely realize that the sleep mode is rarily/never "none" even if you set it like that in your settings.

Only solution I found so far (tried everything from making the settings.file readable only and so on):
- Create a macro: "/macro CS /clientsleep none" and Use it EVERY time you start playing.

Futher info:
https://forums.darkageofcamelot.com/discussion/717/client-sleep-mode-query-questions

This bug exists since at least 2018 (found threads from 2015 tho) and never got fixed.
In some situations it works just as intended (worked on my old PC).
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Support Center or the latest topics