Confused about a particular name change.

Started 13 Feb 2021
by riskymilk
in Support Center
While I don't require any action from this, I have since recreated my toon and leveld him up through the event to where his realm points trumps my old character. What I am curious about is why the name change. I had 3 characters changed, 2 of the 3 I could understand. Turdz, obvious; Soggybiscuit, while not obvious I googled this and see it does have a meaning that is not suitable. However my 3rd name change, Plerp.

Plerp is not a real word, and I cannot immediately relate it to a look-alike word. The only place I can find this is on "urban dictionary" but I would assume that holds no bearing as urban dictionary is nonsense- anyone can create any description of any made up word. Or what is to stop someone from creating a new word just to get someone's name stripped. I have created about every whacky variation of the word Plop. That is where my new name I use on everything, Plarp, was birthed. Plarp is the name I used in the 5v5 tourny on live, and has remained as such - untouched. I say that in not wanting to attract attention in getting my entire account renamed; yet no other character that essentially has the same name as Plerp, save for a single letter difference has remained untouched. Why?

Is this the correct place to ask this?

Thanks-
Riskymilk/Plarp
Sat 13 Feb 2021 3:05 PM by gotwqqd
riskymilk wrote:
Sat 13 Feb 2021 8:05 AM
While I don't require any action from this, I have since recreated my toon and leveld him up through the event to where his realm points trumps my old character. What I am curious about is why the name change. I had 3 characters changed, 2 of the 3 I could understand. Turdz, obvious; Soggybiscuit, while not obvious I googled this and see it does have a meaning that is not suitable. However my 3rd name change, Plerp.

Plerp is not a real word, and I cannot immediately relate it to a look-alike word. The only place I can find this is on "urban dictionary" but I would assume that holds no bearing as urban dictionary is nonsense- anyone can create any description of any made up word. Or what is to stop someone from creating a new word just to get someone's name stripped. I have created about every whacky variation of the word Plop. That is where my new name I use on everything, Plarp, was birthed. Plarp is the name I used in the 5v5 tourny on live, and has remained as such - untouched. I say that in not wanting to attract attention in getting my entire account renamed; yet no other character that essentially has the same name as Plerp, save for a single letter difference has remained untouched. Why?

Is this the correct place to ask this?

Thanks-
Riskymilk/Plarp

I’d say in the context of checking the other names regarded as poor taste they determined intent of meaning.
Sat 13 Feb 2021 3:21 PM by Razilly
If you have a question about any punishment or sanction, please contact a GM via Discord.

Public discussion of this is prohibited in forums, Discord and in-game.

Thank you.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Support Center or the latest topics