Why does going ld get you banned

Started 28 Jul 2018
by merc123
in RvR
How about you fix the ld timer to not be instant instead? I guess the GM players like to ban adversaries......

Banning players over that...... ROFL don't kill the pop before server release......
Sat 28 Jul 2018 5:32 PM by Joc
LD doesn't, but abusing it as many have and been watched doing so repeatedly can.
Sat 28 Jul 2018 5:34 PM by Quik
You seriously find it ok for people to abuse a system they know is wrong? We're not talking going LD in town or in PvE, we are talking in RvR.

I'm sure the GM's will fix it if they can but if there is no feasible way to do this, then absolutely, ban those who CHOOSE to abuse the system.

Honestly I can't imagine someone defending people abusing this...
Sat 28 Jul 2018 5:34 PM by merc123
Why is it instant? Any reason? It's not supposed to be.... Obviously
Sat 28 Jul 2018 5:35 PM by merc123
Quik wrote:
Sat 28 Jul 2018 5:34 PM
You seriously find it ok for people to abuse a system they know is wrong? We're not talking going LD in town or in PvE, we are talking in RvR.

I'm sure the GM's will fix it if they can but if there is no feasible way to do this, then absolutely, ban those who CHOOSE to abuse the system.

Banning people for BETA TESTING. Hahahahah man this is crazy
Sat 28 Jul 2018 5:47 PM by Quik
merc123 wrote:
Sat 28 Jul 2018 5:35 PM
Quik wrote:

Really?

Beta testing is finding an issue and reporting it.

People are doing over and over and over and it has been reported many times.

The people getting banned are repeatedly doing it, not testing it once and moving on.

You can try to justify cheating all you want even in beta, but it doesn't make it right regardless of when it happens.

Ban those that do it repeatedly, but I would prefer a permanent ban even when live hits. We don't want cheaters playing. Well some want them apparently but I certainly don't.
Sat 28 Jul 2018 6:11 PM by daocgod
Quik wrote:
Sat 28 Jul 2018 5:47 PM
merc123 wrote:
Quik wrote:

Really?

The people getting banned are repeatedly doing it, not testing it once and moving on.

You can try to justify cheating all you want even in beta, but it doesn't make it right regardless of when it happens.

Ban those that do it repeatedly, but I would prefer a permanent ban even when live hits. We don't want cheaters playing. Well some want them apparently but I certainly don't.
just go back to ur pve safe space rolling ur 4th 50 (in beta btw) and leave commenting to the people that actually rvr.
Sat 28 Jul 2018 6:33 PM by Ganaka
Insults during beta testing?
Sat 28 Jul 2018 6:35 PM by Quik
Again, beta or not, deliberately LDing in RvR should be banned and I would vote permanent ban.

I will continue to play PvE right now as I level my toons and look for bugs and when I get a few to 50 then I will start doing more RvR to start looking for bugs.
Sat 28 Jul 2018 6:38 PM by Quik
Ganaka wrote:
Sat 28 Jul 2018 6:33 PM

I have had at LEAST a dozen people get mad at me in game and send wonderful tells when I try to get people in game to report bugs.

It is amazing how many people do NOT want to actually try to fix the game.

I am having fun though =) The server is great and moving in a great direction. Now if people could just let other people play however they want to play...without trying to cheat of course.
Sat 28 Jul 2018 6:47 PM by merc123
Quik wrote:
Sat 28 Jul 2018 6:38 PM
Ganaka wrote:
Sat 28 Jul 2018 6:33 PM

I have had at LEAST a dozen people get mad at me in game and send wonderful tells when I try to get people in game to report bugs.

It is amazing how many people do NOT want to actually try to fix the game.

I am having fun though =) The server is great and moving in a great direction. Now if people could just let other people play however they want to play...without trying to cheat of course.

Hard cringe at ya there bud. Nobody cares about ya and that is the truth. Resume your safe space
Sat 28 Jul 2018 6:49 PM by merc123
The guy wants to perma ban ppl in beta for a server code issue. Well, what you say is null and void. You realize daoc needs population to be a good game and there isn't much of one left, let's alienate the people who are left because pve guy is mad.... Wewww boy
Sat 28 Jul 2018 6:52 PM by FrackinReavers
Yeah I got a 24 hour chat ban for calling him a bitch in /advice. What a fucking cuck. Let’s start banning the community for simple shit! LD abuse or bug I don’t care.. some people need to get over themselves.
Sat 28 Jul 2018 7:12 PM by Ceen
daocgod wrote:
Sat 28 Jul 2018 6:11 PM
Quik wrote:
Sat 28 Jul 2018 5:47 PM
merc123 wrote:

Really?

just go back to ur pve safe space rolling ur 4th 50 (in beta btw) and leave commenting to the people that actually rvr.
Give him a perma ban adios
Sat 28 Jul 2018 7:53 PM by gruenesschaf
The ld behavior will be changed / fixed sometime next week so that people stay logged in after ld. It was initially changed to work around a logout bug and was left in to remove the "account already logged in message" while testing things but wilsoning 2.0 is real, this is why we can't have nice things.

Until the fix is in, this is now the offical stance on this particular issue:
When someone has ld under suspicious circumstances the person is asked to stop doing that, if it happens again the person is asked to stop rvring until it is fixed.
Sat 28 Jul 2018 7:58 PM by Quik
Well apparently people here don't like it when people play how they want and I guess I apologize for that...

As far as in game chat I don't remember anyone calling me a bitch in chat and could really care less if anyone did. If you got banned that was on someone else as I have never told GM's at any time to ban someone for that.

If any of you think it is ok to exploit the LD issue even though in a thread right next to this one the GM's already stated they will ban for 3 days the first offense and in fact they already have then RvR is in for a tough time here. The game is about playing fair and not using exploits to take advantage of other people.

And as far as RvR, I have done some but not a lot, and I still won't do a lot. I am currently playing a lot of different characters to 50 and reporting a few issues here and there. Most I get groups with and a couple I solo with to see both sides of things.

If people are offended how I play there isn't much I will do about it as I just want to have fun on my time. I have kids and a wife so not often can I plan for 2-3 hours of uninterrupted time and when I RvR that is what I want to do. PvE is much easier at this time.
Sat 28 Jul 2018 7:58 PM by Quik
gruenesschaf wrote:
Sat 28 Jul 2018 7:53 PM
The ld behavior will be changed / fixed sometime next week so that people stay logged in after ld. It was initially changed to work around a logout bug and was left in to remove the "account already logged in message" while testing things but wilsoning 2.0 is real, this is why we can't have nice things.

When someone has ld under suspicious circumstances the person is asked to stop doing that, if it happens again the person is asked to stop rvring until it is fixed.

Awesome thanks =) Whatever it takes to get people like that out of RvR
Sat 28 Jul 2018 8:04 PM by merc123
gruenesschaf wrote:
Sat 28 Jul 2018 7:53 PM

Thanks!
Sat 28 Jul 2018 8:05 PM by merc123
Quik wrote:
Sat 28 Jul 2018 7:58 PM
Well apparently people here don't like it when people play how they want and I guess I apologize for that...

As far as in game chat I don't remember anyone calling me a bitch in chat and could really care less if anyone did. If you got banned that was on someone else as I have never told GM's at any time to ban someone for that.

If any of you think it is ok to exploit the LD issue even though in a thread right next to this one the GM's already stated they will ban for 3 days the first offense and in fact they already have then RvR is in for a tough time here. The game is about playing fair and not using exploits to take advantage of other people.

And as far as RvR, I have done some but not a lot, and I still won't do a lot. I am currently playing a lot of different characters to 50 and reporting a few issues here and there. Most I get groups with and a couple I solo with to see both sides of things.

If people are offended how I play there isn't much I will do about it as I just want to have fun on my time. I have kids and a wife so not often can I plan for 2-3 hours of uninterrupted time and when I RvR that is what I want to do. PvE is much easier at this time.

Did not read, do not care.
Sat 28 Jul 2018 8:41 PM by aprilrayne
Could you possibly imagine that people actually DO go linkdead during RVR, 1 minute before a server reboot? -- Nah -- You're too thick to think of that.

The real issue to me, is that because someone was so upset that he thought the other person was "wilsoning" -- he had to cry and kick about it, call a GM and the GM got trigger happy.

This is a clear abuse of power.

1.) People go LD, it's just a fact. Some at the most inopportune (and opportune) times.
2.) Going LD twice in a row is not suspicious, especially during server reboots and just after them.
3.) If this is an issue, then it's a game wide issue and SHOULD be addressed RIGHT AWAY, especially IF IT IS THAT game breaking that a GM had to instantly ban a player for it.
4.) Trigger happy GM - should be under review for biased behavior. No one wants to play on a server with preference. If you can't remain indifferent, and you can't hold back from instantly banning someone before you consult other GMs, then you really shouldn't have the power to "ban." ***And, personally, I think you should have your status as a GM reconsidered***
5.) If a certain someone is able to so quickly get someone banned for what they think is cheating -- said person should be under review as well -- because there is a clear line to power that they must have and therefore, it shows preference -- which will lead to players losing confidence about the server being able to remain unbiased and indifferent to in-game / out-of-game drama.
6.) A warning would have been more efficient -- even if the case was truly substantiated to be a "qtd" abuse.

AND personally,
7.) If someone DID qtd to avoid an RVR death. Really? what is so wrong with it? You lose some RPS because someone qtded? Is that what daoc has come to? May as well ban someone for running into guards after a fight as well...
Sat 28 Jul 2018 8:42 PM by Jardar
This is something we're currently working on. If you LD during a fight your character will remain in game for a set amount of time to avoid people abusing this in RvR.

If you encounter this where you believe that someone is abusing it, please report it to the GM's either in game through /appeal or on DIscord in a PM.

Locking this thread.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics