What are you rolling for the event?

Started 18 Sep 2020
by sdshell
in RvR
I'm thinking Saracen Xbow Armsman for the happiness I'll recieve when joining a random group. Or a sorc.
Sat 19 Sep 2020 8:31 PM by Tyrlaan
I picked classes I would want (99%) ROGs for. Just for it to have a point beyond the premade zergfest it is. And the XP/RP catch up idea for new characters seems to be scrapped from the gains I´ve seen. If I only wanted to roll a disposable character to farm other disposable characters for one week, it would probably be a caster.

Started with a Reaver, good dps, good AoE tagging, good solo ability (and most of their ROGs work for other classes as well), then a VW to have characters for different level brackets when one is empty. Next is probably a Thane. I guess one could also make assassins for their LT proc armor or to slightly improve chances for their ROG weapon types.
Sun 20 Sep 2020 2:00 AM by LolaEbola
I rolled a skald, but didn’t ever actually play it.

I’ve been stuck playing Loola like always, ever in search of 1L3.
Sun 20 Sep 2020 3:30 AM by Tyrlaan
The event is full of premades with 50sec mezzes with so low an RP gain that you can´t get any reasonable level of Determination (or resists) to counter the CC/assist 1by1 bullshit that made early DAoC so frustrating. You´ll have more luck in the frontiers.
Sun 20 Sep 2020 7:05 AM by gotwqqd
Tyrlaan wrote:
Sun 20 Sep 2020 3:30 AM
The event is full of premades with 50sec mezzes with so low an RP gain that you can´t get any reasonable level of Determination (or resists) to counter the CC/assist 1by1 bullshit that made early DAoC so frustrating. You´ll have more luck in the frontiers.
Premades need to go

If you want an archer your set though
Sun 20 Sep 2020 1:50 PM by rafjord
orrrr you could make a premade?

doing this with friends is extremely fun.

dont try and ruin it for the rest of us :]
Sun 20 Sep 2020 6:56 PM by gotwqqd
So
What’s are some good classes or spell types that excel for event ?
I’d think aoe dot would be good
Mon 21 Sep 2020 8:01 AM by CowwoC
Obviously CC is king at the event. Even with det 9 you are forever in mezz, since you have no temp and if you don't run a premade, you most likely neither have healer backup for buffs/ heals.
Mon 21 Sep 2020 8:30 AM by Ele
I rolled a wizzy for the fun of 2-shotting other casters with bolts. With the aoe nuke you can tag a lot of targets, so your rp/xp gain ist fine too.
For a premade with friends I rolled a cleric, as I like to play supporters anyway, and on top of the buffs and heals, the stun is golden if you run a few casters and are able to communicate at least a bit. Not sure what I roll next, maybe an arms or a theurg, or a warden if we form another premade.
Mon 21 Sep 2020 9:07 AM by Centenario
Tyrlaan wrote:
Sat 19 Sep 2020 8:31 PM
I picked classes I would want (99%) ROGs for. Just for it to have a point beyond the premade zergfest it is. And the XP/RP catch up idea for new characters seems to be scrapped from the gains I´ve seen. If I only wanted to roll a disposable character to farm other disposable characters for one week, it would probably be a caster.

Started with a Reaver, good dps, good AoE tagging, good solo ability (and most of their ROGs work for other classes as well), then a VW to have characters for different level brackets when one is empty. Next is probably a Thane. I guess one could also make assassins for their LT proc armor or to slightly improve chances for their ROG weapon types.

Since you can only get lvl 50 ROGs (16.2) most ROGs will be low value.

I rolled Eldritch, its really OP.
I will also make a Skald, a Hunter, a Druid, a Warden, a Champion, maybe a Runemaster, a Theurgist, could do a Bard too. lol
Mon 21 Sep 2020 9:46 AM by IdiamVonGawaine
gotwqqd wrote:
Sun 20 Sep 2020 7:05 AM
Premades need to go

If you want an archer your set though

Meh...part of the fun of this event is trying a bunch of different pre-made setups. It's like old school mordred in there.

I've ran both, pre-made and PuG, and while PuG life can suck goat ass, it can also be surprising how well you do with just random chars thrown together from all 3 realms. Had the chance to run with a lot of different setups that worked WAY better than I thought they ever could, despite having no heals, buffs, or even speed lol!

It is a mez-fest in there, though, but this game's always been about the CC circle gherq.

FUN way to level a char though, and I give the event a solid 8 of 10. Well done.
Mon 21 Sep 2020 2:55 PM by darkstar00
Playing a necro mainly, having such a blast with the char in the event. Hopefully he will be 50 today at some point, currently lvl 45.

I also rolled a Minstrel that is lvl 30.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics