Skald + ? for Duo

Started 9 Aug 2018
by Wronin
in RvR
Me and a buddy are planning on playing here and will probably end up PUGing or duo most of the time. He plans on playing a Skald and I know there are a decent amount of good options for a duo but I wanted to get some opinions on what would be best and why. Thanks.
Thu 9 Aug 2018 5:06 AM by Magesty
Mids are lucky because the skald really duos well with most classes. Any of the melees will work. Slam is ideal though so Warrior takes the cake there imo. Thane works surprisingly well too— I ran this duo on Uthgard 2.0 and it was pretty fun, although my skald partner quit before we got fully templated. You have four instas and slam/decent 2H dps. The burst is really strong. I’d steer away from savage/zerk as they don’t stun as well, but you’ll still be ok with them.

You can also do any of the casters. I personally think Darkness SM is probably the most powerful option. Since they have a little bit of control + MoC/pet intercept.

I guess the better question is what doesn’t go well with skald? Hunter, SB, Healer, and to a lesser extent Shaman. Although I’m sure a cave shaman/skald setup could be successful.
Thu 9 Aug 2018 10:54 AM by Chaskha
I second Magesty in the choice of a Darkness SM and add also that this partner can life transfer you and then lifetap your target. Of course the pet can keep a caster/support busy running and a few points in Suppression will also give the debuff str/con (AE so careful) not to mention single debuff STR and single debuff DEX.
The SM got mez too, in darkness he can bomb mez (and with 24 in suppression he got a good single mez already but this will be resisted a lot I guess) and perhaps can cast debuff body to increase your DDs (but I guess the skald will hold on them for rupt so that not so important)
Thu 9 Aug 2018 12:47 PM by heardstheword
As others have stated, Dark SM definitely is nice.

You get the AoE mezz, PBAoE mezz, plus pet interupts, lifedrain, and decent life transfer (depending how high in Suppression you go).
Fri 17 Aug 2018 4:27 AM by Anasth
Not an expert but cave shammy and skald duo is fun and i ve seen this duo killing 4-5 smallman groups easily with mezz/root dot kite etc....perma speed 6 is nice also if the shammy isnt full cave. 32 aug rest cave if i remember correctly.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics