Playing Field/Proving Grounds Event - Area for Solo?!

Started 1 Feb 2021
by SlowMo
in RvR
Hello fellow players,

I am a solo player on phoenix and I tend to believe there is quite a sizeable part of the community who does enjoy soloing aswell.

With the upcoming event I would like to have the opportunity to solo.

Maybe, we as community, can agree on a zone where solo can go and not being stomped by groups and premades.
Dont get me wrong I don´t want a bowtown, more like a FFA zone where everyone (hopefully solo :-) can attack on sight if he likes. If you want to respect 2 players duking it out before anyone adds it fine. If not, fine aswell.

For the groups, as this is no official rule, you are free to go there aswell, I am just kindly asking for a way solo´s can coexist.

As the TK are probably no spawning zone, I would suggest the 3 TK as areas where soloers can go.

To be honest, I dont have big hopes in the idea to succeed, but I nevertheless want to give it a try.

I am pretty excited where this is going.
Feel free to share your thoughts

Thx
Mo
Mon 1 Feb 2021 10:33 AM by Uthred
The event will take place on a different map than before. It is Lamfhota's Sound now (Hibernia Tutorial Zone), which looks like this:

The small Island in the South will be the safe zone.
Mon 1 Feb 2021 10:52 AM by SlowMo
Thanks for the input.

As there are no TK, maybe Ryley and Allta Coill would be viable areas instead.
As I see it the traffic around Fintain would be to much as it is in the center.
Mon 1 Feb 2021 4:13 PM by Magesty
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but unless the devs see fit to design an area designated purely for solo players with its own porter and ruleset there is no way this happens. These events are pure chaos, and no one is going to respect any sort of solo player circle jerk.

This event basically turns every group into a "red is dead" coast guard PUG. The difference being that some of players during the event aren't half-conscious invalids.
Mon 1 Feb 2021 9:35 PM by Colivar85
I don't see this being respected heh. The event is chaotic and pretty fast paced. Groups roam to where the action is and when they die/respawn it is in random locations. If a group spawns in the "solo" area that quickly turns into a bunch of dead solos.

What I would like to see though is premades being disabled. Everyone being in a random setup puts the whole thing on a even playing field. In the name of competition I feel like that is the best setup.
Mon 1 Feb 2021 9:55 PM by Sagz
Colivar85 wrote:
Mon 1 Feb 2021 9:35 PM
I don't see this being respected heh. The event is chaotic and pretty fast paced. Groups roam to where the action is and when they die/respawn it is in random locations. If a group spawns in the "solo" area that quickly turns into a bunch of dead solos.

What I would like to see though is premades being disabled. Everyone being in a random setup puts the whole thing on a even playing field. In the name of competition I feel like that is the best setup.

Why would you expect people to not play with their friends? Personally last time I did a 3man only and had a blast! I also soloed from level 1 and had a blast, sure you die A LOT, but its fun, 1-38 in like 3 hours....... the rate of XP and RP is so fast why does it matter, just know you will die al lot, who cares. and once you hit 35 you get realm task, bonus.
Mon 1 Feb 2021 9:56 PM by Sagz
SlowMo wrote:
Mon 1 Feb 2021 9:53 AM
Hello fellow players,

I am a solo player on phoenix and I tend to believe there is quite a sizeable part of the community who does enjoy soloing aswell.

With the upcoming event I would like to have the opportunity to solo.

Maybe, we as community, can agree on a zone where solo can go and not being stomped by groups and premades.
Dont get me wrong I don´t want a bowtown, more like a FFA zone where everyone (hopefully solo :-) can attack on sight if he likes. If you want to respect 2 players duking it out before anyone adds it fine. If not, fine aswell.

For the groups, as this is no official rule, you are free to go there aswell, I am just kindly asking for a way solo´s can coexist.

As the TK are probably no spawning zone, I would suggest the 3 TK as areas where soloers can go.

To be honest, I dont have big hopes in the idea to succeed, but I nevertheless want to give it a try.

I am pretty excited where this is going.
Feel free to share your thoughts

Thx
Mo

You can solo,, I did on a toon last event, its fun, you just die a lot haha, but who cares, the rate of XP and RP is so much who cares..
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics