Micro managing?

Started 24 Sep 2018
by snoop146290
in RvR
I was watching a few videos and the new amount of micro managing / weapon switching looks daunting for someone trying to relearn the game.

Any thoughts on how to pick a class to ease back in?
Mon 24 Sep 2018 2:03 AM by Scout123
https://playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2229
Fri 28 Sep 2018 6:44 AM by rubaduck
Daoc came out in the very infancy of MMO's, and while the PVP is probably the best ever made in any MMO it still has a very cumbersome way of performance.

If you have played any other new MMO games, like the powerhouse World of Warcraft, quickbinds are rather easy to set up and are very visual for you. In Daoc it is not. It is possible bind keyes though.

I am used to using buttons on the keyboard other then 1 to 10. And to quickbind those to the keyboard you'll have to use /qbind command. This is not an intuitive system, and I'll try to explain it for people who don't know about it to my best knowledge.

When you write /qbind you need to also write the location on your quickbar that you want to bind to a key. You have all together 3 quickbars with 10 buttons and 10 pages and to write down the location you use numbers. If you put a spell or ability on button 1 on page 1 on quickbar 1 you write /qbind 1 1 1, then press enter and then press the key you want to bind it to, however. This looks very intuitive so far but it is not. The number sequence is jumbled up and is difficult to understand by just looking at it. The first 1 is the target quickbar page. The second 1 is slot number one at that quickbar, and the last 1 is the number of quickbar you are using. It is better explained if you quickbind a spell on slot 4 on page 2 on the third quickbar. The sequence will then be /qbind 2 4 3, 2 is the page number, 4 is the slot, 3 is the quickbar, press enter and then press the key you want to bind the spell to. You can also check all the quickbinds you have on that character if you write /quickbinds

I hope this helps you to get some micro management of your class and abilities.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics