LD Bug abusing ??

Started 25 Jul 2018
by wacky wombat
in RvR
Don't know if other mids/hibs have seen it but atleast 1 alb is doing some sort of ld bug abusing where they disappear instantly and have to log bag in...
https://ibb.co/bGmfDo

He did it the first time and we waited about 2 min and he then logged in with immunity timer.. we attacked and he did it again.. 3 times in a row... so he is 100% aware of what he is doing and does it to avoid being killed...
Thu 26 Jul 2018 12:46 PM by Seigmoraig
There shouldn't be log in immunity timer in RvR zones ! It's amazingly cool to have it in PvE, but doesn't have it's place in RvR zones
Fri 27 Jul 2018 6:32 PM by Quik
I have no issues with log in timer...too many times I have seen people log in and computer just goes slow.
Sat 28 Jul 2018 5:49 AM by Kha
Still need a small imune time as your character appears as soon as loading screen start, which give 1 to 20ish seconds with you char visible and you can't play it.

Also, got a shaman in mid that does that.
First fight he ichor and his skald friend purged a cleric grey pbae mezz,
Second fight they poorly lost without RAs up, and shammy instant LD when skald die.

That is poor behavior ... but as long as LD is instant disappearance in this server, some will use it ... I guess if it's done more than once, and the real pattern appear it's worth an appeal against the player. DAoC RvR never included any kind of easy escape, especially instant LD. Personal bind stones can't be used in RvR for a reason.
Sat 28 Jul 2018 5:56 AM by Rabbitstew
Logging in should definitely have an immunity timer, but LD should not instantly make you disappear. Maybe the character sits there for 10-15 seconds? Easy fix, or am I missing something?
Sat 28 Jul 2018 6:38 AM by Quik
If you LD you should be stuck there as long as if you had tried to just quit. If no combat then 20 sec...if you were in combat then a minute.

Why should LD grant any special privileges
Sat 28 Jul 2018 5:05 PM by Maxim
Yes it is consider an exploit. Please let us know if you see someone abusing this and we will give them a little vacation.
Sat 28 Jul 2018 5:21 PM by Quik
I saw the 3 day ban =)

Oh and quick question, if you see people doing something that gets them banned again, do they get a longer vacation or maybe just banned outright?
Sat 28 Jul 2018 7:01 PM by Maxim
Quik wrote:
Sat 28 Jul 2018 5:21 PM
I saw the 3 day ban =)

Oh and quick question, if you see people doing something that gets them banned again, do they get a longer vacation or maybe just banned outright?

Funny I posted this before I saw that

It's a bug that will be fixed and is related to an issue we had with players not being able to fully log out of the game in certain situations during the Alpha. Basically a player would go LD and would be unable to login to their character and it would be stuck in some sort weird limbo state until a server crash or a GM was able to kick the character. Obviously our quick fix on this issue during Alpha had/has the potential to be abused and currently is. We will be giving out warnings to players who are abusing this issue and if it continues to be abused they will be given a nice vacation. We will definitely work on patching out this issue since I much prefer coding to dealing with having to police players
Sat 28 Jul 2018 7:54 PM by Uthred
im going to close this thread as there two about the same topic.

If you want to discuss it further, please use this thread: https://playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1195
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics