General RvR questions from a returning player.

Started 9 Dec 2020
by hemlockrogue
in RvR
I have a couple of questions about RvR that I have found clear answers difficult to come by.

First Buff Potions, how do they work, who can craft them, and how do they compare to self. or spec buffs?

Is there a library of RvR templates available for different classes, or a guide on how to gear for RvR?

I play at unusual times because I live in Asia, so would it be best to level a solo character, or will 8man groups be possible all day long?

Thanks
Thu 10 Dec 2020 2:40 AM by Freudinio
Hello. Welcome back!

Buff Potions (Combined Forces) can be made by Alchemists - These potions buffs everything from acuity to haste. They are worse than spec/self buffs (ie. IIRC the D/Q buff charge is value 50).

For templates, you won't find a ready resource, as most people use RoGs in their template, though a starting for many (most?) templates is the Class Chest Piece from the SI Epic dungeon (Sidi / Gala / TG) and the Necklace from the "Neck Quest" also found in SI (Beaded Resisting Stone / Ancient Copper Necklace / Paidrean Necklace). Some people also offer to sell completed templates for a price. The price will be different from class to class.

Edit: 8 Mans do appear to run at all hours of the day, though the majority are found during EU primetime hours.

I hope this helps.
Thu 10 Dec 2020 6:38 AM by hemlockrogue
Thanks,

I'm 7 hours ahead of EU time, so maybe I should concentrate on soloing, and duoing.

What is the best stealth soloer, and combo?
Fri 11 Dec 2020 9:48 AM by evert
I play mostly EU daytime which I guess is asia primetime, usually 0-2 fgs per realm but decent smallman and solo action (although early morning EU can be pretty dead). I would just play what you want, you can always find a smallman I would think. Don't group on a stealther pls
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics