Cross realming is okay?

Started 26 Jan 2021
by Nezoic
in RvR
Been a while since I've played here but coming back, getting some good 8 man fights, really enjoying the day then it went to crap.

We (on hib) hit an 8 man (alb) and are doing well, mids come up and hit us from behind, we pull back to try to recover hoping they would engage each other if drawn near each other. To my surprise they both focus on our group. Not an uncommon scenario, but then after my group was dead, they pull away, literally stood on the shore next to each other, rebuffed and went their separate ways.... W...T..F... Is this how this server is? Seriously that's okay? How do you 8 mans who do this really feel good about winning that kind of fight? I'm sorry but that's just some sissy playing right there. I don't care if it's your best friend is of the other realm, you fight, not cuddle each other.

Guess I'm just trying to understand if it's worth even coming back. If this is the norm around here, I'm not interested.
Tue 26 Jan 2021 10:52 PM by ExcretusMaximus
That isn't cross realming, that is choosing to not fight each other.
Tue 26 Jan 2021 10:59 PM by Nezoic
Whatever it is, this is okay? Might as well be cross realming, it's definitely not RvR or PvP. Not to me anyhow.
Tue 26 Jan 2021 11:03 PM by DJ2000
It is unclear if the OP version is a correct and truthful, but let's give him the benefit of a doubt.
With that being said, that doesn't sound like 2 parties that decided "on the spot" to not fight each other, there could be more to it.

But, unless some Names/Guilds/GvG-List, Logs or whatever is presented, this cant be taken for face value.
Tue 26 Jan 2021 11:04 PM by ExcretusMaximus
No one is obligated to fight anyone else. Players are free to choose when, how, and where to engage with each other.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but the people who run the server do.
Tue 26 Jan 2021 11:29 PM by Tyrlaan
DJ2000 wrote:
Tue 26 Jan 2021 11:03 PM
It is unclear if the OP version is a correct and truthful, but let's give him the benefit of a doubt.
With that being said, that doesn't sound like 2 parties that decided "on the spot" to not fight each other, there could be more to it.

But, unless some Names/Guilds/GvG-List, Logs or whatever is presented, this cant be taken for face value.

Unfortunately this is too common on this server to dismiss. Basically a /bow circle jerk on the 8man level. And what you´re asking for is name-calling and usually not taken as evidence but pretext to be moderated.
Tue 26 Jan 2021 11:29 PM by boridi
The GMs have said this form of cross-realm cooperation is ok as long as the two groups are not running together and communicating outside the game in something like Discord. Given that plus all the /tag and /gvg bonus rps, class adjustments solely for 8v8 balance, arena for 8v8, etc., 8mans get a lot of benefits.
Tue 26 Jan 2021 11:37 PM by Sagz
Nezoic wrote:
Tue 26 Jan 2021 10:22 PM
Been a while since I've played here but coming back, getting some good 8 man fights, really enjoying the day then it went to crap.

We (on hib) hit an 8 man (alb) and are doing well, mids come up and hit us from behind, we pull back to try to recover hoping they would engage each other if drawn near each other. To my surprise they both focus on our group. Not an uncommon scenario, but then after my group was dead, they pull away, literally stood on the shore next to each other, rebuffed and went their separate ways.... W...T..F... Is this how this server is? Seriously that's okay? How do you 8 mans who do this really feel good about winning that kind of fight? I'm sorry but that's just some sissy playing right there. I don't care if it's your best friend is of the other realm, you fight, not cuddle each other.

Guess I'm just trying to understand if it's worth even coming back. If this is the norm around here, I'm not interested.

In their defense, they could of been 2 GvG listed groups and instead of engaging right away, its better to run off and reengage a few minutes later so they can get the clean fight rps. They could have fought like 2 minutes later after you released. But then again, shouldn't of jammed the fight in the first place if that was the case.

Not saying I agree with it, just giving a possible reason why. But then again we are in the DAoC age here where if things are not fair so you /yell and the other group should pull off or they are the assholes. What ever happened to dealing with the randomness and on the fly decisions that makes the game fun is beyond me? But, it is what it is.
Tue 26 Jan 2021 11:43 PM by Tyrlaan
Sagz wrote:
Tue 26 Jan 2021 11:37 PM
In their defense, they could of been 2 GvG listed groups and instead of engaging right away, its better to run off and reengage a few minutes later so they can get the clean fight rps. They could have fought like 2 minutes later after you released. But then again, shouldn't of jammed the fight in the first place if that was the case.

Not saying I agree with it, just giving a possible reason why. But then again we are in the DAoC age here where if things are not fair so you /yell and the other group should pull off or they are the assholes. What ever happened to dealing with the randomness and on the fly decisions that makes the game fun is beyond me? But, it is what it is.
We can only bring back the randomness that is RvR if we add the shit out of these staged fights.
Tue 26 Jan 2021 11:46 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Tyrlaan wrote:
Tue 26 Jan 2021 11:43 PM
We can only bring back the randomness that is RvR if we add the shit out of these staged fights.

The only way that will work is if the adding groups are as good as the turners and pulling offers (I know that's not the right way of saying it but my brain isn't working), and most of the adding groups aren't good enough to beat one of the high realm rank set groups, let alone two at once.
Tue 26 Jan 2021 11:55 PM by Tyrlaan
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 26 Jan 2021 11:46 PM
The only way that will work is if the adding groups are as good as the turners and pulling offers (I know that's not the right way of saying it but my brain isn't working), and most of the adding groups aren't good enough to beat one of the high realm rank set groups, let alone two at once.
Nah. That´s what Vanish, SoS and high range is for...

Also you might have noticed I absolutely don´t mind dying in a video game and I´m not playing for statistics either. If 16 high RR people want to waste their time to deal with 1 person then disengage then waste another 16*5 minutes of a no-lifer´s life to regen next to their xrealm friends for their staged /bow fight, so be it.
Wed 27 Jan 2021 1:44 AM by SaintRon
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 26 Jan 2021 11:46 PM
Tyrlaan wrote:
Tue 26 Jan 2021 11:43 PM

The problem is that this kills the feel of RvR and of the server. Effectively it's 8 v 8 arena with people 'in the way'. Some of the personalities on this server are totally cool with that, but most people sigh and think 'pvp clique'.

Probably the same personalities who think they are good pvpers, but need to fill CC & heals.
Wed 27 Jan 2021 7:36 AM by Astaa
They were probably two GvG groups, that add and zerg everything then whine like a rusty bandsaw if you do it in return.
Wed 27 Jan 2021 11:49 PM by Freudinio
DJ2000 wrote:
Tue 26 Jan 2021 11:03 PM

I mean, it's not like they hide it.

I was watching an 8man stream a few weeks back of a full hib guildgroup that shall remain nameless (I can pm you the name if you want). Here is what transpired in about 3-5 minutes of gameplay:

Said group is having an 8v8, they get jammed, the other group they were fighting pulls off and said group smoke the jammers. Cool.

They reg up, run past an ongoing 8v8 (Mids vs Albs) - Talk about jamming it, but at the last second identify a player they know, so they pull off.

They then spot a solo norseman, chase him down and kill him, only to be caged (OG rvr term, if you know, you know) by another 8man.

--
In closing, to me, most 8mans here are pathetic and it's unfortunate that the staff apparently want to mirror their server vision to theirs. But it is what it is.
Thu 28 Jan 2021 6:44 AM by Sepplord
they have the strongest lobby and a rule against the behaviour is basically impossible to enforce without monitoring specific fights and analising player behaviour (which is a ton of extra work and understandably not something they want to deal with)

it is easy to spot it NOW because it is allowed and noone needs to hide it, but if there was a rule and it would be enforced how would you differentiate between someone accidently breaking mezz / not hitting their sanres / not purging out of strategic reasons VS not purging because you don't want to win the fight / fleeing because you don't want to lose VS fleeing because you want your enemy to clean up adders / etc...
I agree that the behaviour is hurting the servers RvR (because of the hypocritical farming of other easy targets...the groups that actually just want 8vs8 and mostly stick it that are not a problem and having THAT community is a good thing for the server, don't forget that neither) but there is no easy fix for it.

Removing GvG bonus from being active in the taskzone would probably not hurt though
Thu 28 Jan 2021 10:47 AM by DJ2000
I said it in another post, and i dont want to quote myself or keep repeating the same stuff, but the 8man-Community has been split a while ago from the rest.
Blue-Green-Red barely matters to maybe 1 or 2 exceptions, when it matters its mostly about which realm provides the biggest underdog bonus.

Don't turn this topic into a "8man bashing". It will just get locked instantly.

So, Crossrealming, is it okay?
General Audience of DaoC would say: no.
8man would say: they don't care.

"Friendship/Respect among the crowd" > Rest (just a game, bro)
Probably the same with the solo community, but to a lesser extend, as they don't have the same standing as the 8man here on phoenix.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics