Ranger groups / population after event

Started 11 May 2021
by sleeve
in RvR
Thu 13 May 2021 3:39 AM by Furrow
Playing myself a ranger, I agree that there is too many of them currently ( yesterday for 23 rangers connected, 11 hunters and 5 scouts) with a majority of them camping in Emain near DC guard with usually 50bow/48pf spec, not necessary grouped but adding any fights. Going on mid it is actually much better and few hunters playing like that. Alb is another story, there is no scouts but musicians...

Why more Ranger than Scout or Hunter currently?
Hib having all the RK could be one reason, but ranger is overall more fun to play than scout and can deal higher bow damage compare to scouts/hunters thanks to PF/bow speed.

I think first a nerf should be applied solely on ranger, such as bow speed/range nerf.
In a second step, to give a bit more survivability to all archers could make them try to take the boat solo a bit more, some people proposed evade 4 or PD in another thread.
Allowing solo ranger to take the boat more often would benefit also other class. Overall, a solo ranger is less a threat than a solo NS and can provide nice and interesting fights.
Thu 13 May 2021 3:37 PM by stewbeedoo
This is an interesting problem. You can't really nerf a class just because a lot of people are currently playing it. This hurts the minority of solo rangers.

I would prefer an approach where if multiple rangers hit the same target the damage is decreased on all attacks after the first one. As I recall Live had something like this where you could not land multiple crit shots - only the first one would count.

Let's focus on change ideas that address the core issue - ranger groups.
Currently soloing on: Stewpidity Ranger, Stewdabaker Chanter, Stewthanasia Champ
Thu 13 May 2021 3:57 PM by Astaa
I would gladly reclass my celt ranger to a celt NS

I play solo in the zerg on my ranger and its become a bit of a waste of time. Which I guess is the overall intent of archer nerfs, fewer archers but it's still disappointing.

I still think there are ways around it with creative thinking rather than heavy handed nerfing, give heavy tanks some sort of aoe guard from arrows ability, for example. Would have zero effect on 8v8...it could in fact help with archer adds on clean fights...and give heavy tanks, the least played classes more to do. Added to which it would make archers have to select their targets, not just assist on whoever and would also encourage group cooperation.
Thu 13 May 2021 6:30 PM by Tyrlaan
Not a huge fan of nerfs to bow damage or PF itself. Bow damage is okay for the solo or duo archer and PF still is the defining line of Rangers.

Since the latest reduction of bow damage (or rather, reversal of some of the extra damage they get for high bow, talking about the -9% on Rangers and -4.5% on Scouts here), Rangers pretty much have to spec high PF in order to not be outdamaged by other archers (with pots or real buffs). You have to spec a line to get something others get without, to offset an inherent penalty. That just feels wrong.

It´s the assist archery that´s broken. Instant kills from a range that can´t be retaliated against and from stealth to clear being a target for casters and catapults.
Thu 13 May 2021 6:49 PM by Kwall0311
Tyrlaan wrote:
Thu 13 May 2021 6:30 PM
It´s the assist archery that´s broken. Instant kills from a range that can´t be retaliated against and from stealth to clear being a target for casters and catapults.

They seem to be happy with the current state of that. Theres literally people who quit playing because of it. Its not fun to fight against, and its very hard to counter when they are in a defensive position, especially, given the population too. Kinda sad.
Tue 8 Jun 2021 6:21 PM by Pasa
Kwall0311 wrote:
Thu 13 May 2021 6:49 PM
Tyrlaan wrote:

They seem to be happy with the current state of that. Theres literally people who quit playing because of it. Its not fun to fight against, and its very hard to counter when they are in a defensive position, especially, given the population too. Kinda sad.

i agree its not easy against us...you need to use brain to counter PR.
and yeah its possible to beat us in a defesive position
Tue 8 Jun 2021 8:26 PM by inoeth
Pasa wrote:
Tue 8 Jun 2021 6:21 PM
Kwall0311 wrote:
Thu 13 May 2021 6:49 PM
Tyrlaan wrote:

i agree its not easy against us...you need to use brain to counter PR.
and yeah its possible to beat us in a defesive position

its very easy to beat you guys occasionally when you are only 1-2, blasting all your tools and still lose ;D
always gives me a good laugh, i mean i totally understand why you have to grp up lol
Horg solo Hunter Einherjar Lone Enforcer ~42,8% solo kills
Eik solo Shadowblade Flammen Fru ~50% solo kills

newest project: Gael SlaveKnight rr4 Infiltrator (atm 52% solo kills )

Quidquid agis, prudenter agas et respice finem.

Return to RvR or the latest topics