Best high level mob killer

Started 2 Oct 2018
by florin
in PvE
Across all realms - whats the best solo high level mob killer?

Prefer not to be a crazy kiting strategy.

Necro?
Animist?
Bonedance?
Enchanter?
Friar?
Warden?
Paladin?
Minstrel?

Valewalker?

Thanks
Tue 2 Oct 2018 8:37 PM by Magesty
I would guess Animists are the best if you are solo and refusing to kite.

None of the classes are particularly good at killing very high level monsters without buffs/heals or a willingness to kite.
Wed 3 Oct 2018 2:37 PM by Kaziera
Theurgist.
Wed 3 Oct 2018 2:45 PM by florin
Kaziera wrote:
Wed 3 Oct 2018 2:37 PM
Theurgist.

Interesting - I hadn't considered that.

Thanks
Wed 3 Oct 2018 6:02 PM by Kanzeon
Friar. Waaay above any other and without any constraints (space in the room or Los).
Wed 3 Oct 2018 8:33 PM by florin
poisonclover wrote:
Wed 3 Oct 2018 6:06 PM
theurgist, no question.

even better than animist?
Wed 3 Oct 2018 9:37 PM by poisonclover
id say yes because you can kite and your pets will chase where is a amnist has to stay in range of his pets.
Wed 3 Oct 2018 9:55 PM by Waygone
I imagine that would be with earth pets in that they last the longest?
Thu 4 Oct 2018 6:35 AM by faliv
Waygone wrote:
Wed 3 Oct 2018 9:55 PM

Icepets, at least on live it worked the best. Cast one pet, run a few meters, cast 3-4 pets. First pet will get aggro, other pets can cast, as soon as the first pet is down, the mob either aggros on you, then kite, or on the other pets, then recast. But it all depends on the definition of "high" mob (and your manapool).

Airpets work also, if you have enough dmg ras and mana. Just spam them until they hit, den kill the mob with your dd. again, depends on the definition of "high".
Thu 4 Oct 2018 9:31 AM by florin
faliv wrote:
Thu 4 Oct 2018 6:35 AM
Waygone wrote:
Wed 3 Oct 2018 9:55 PM

Icepets, at least on live it worked the best. Cast one pet, run a few meters, cast 3-4 pets. First pet will get aggro, other pets can cast, as soon as the first pet is down, the mob either aggros on you, then kite, or on the other pets, then recast. But it all depends on the definition of "high" mob (and your manapool).

Airpets work also, if you have enough dmg ras and mana. Just spam them until they hit, den kill the mob with your dd. again, depends on the definition of "high".

I will test at i50 but for sure looking at low and moderate purps - lvl 62+. This may include dungeons where kiting could be restricted.
Thu 4 Oct 2018 4:07 PM by Turtle006
Get a friend and do a Necro/Cleric duo. IMO a theurg is not an efficient way to do this as pets are high mana cost. Also, damage shield can't get resisted.
Thu 4 Oct 2018 5:33 PM by florin
Turtle006 wrote:
Thu 4 Oct 2018 4:07 PM
Get a friend and do a Necro/Cleric duo. IMO a theurg is not an efficient way to do this as pets are high mana cost. Also, damage shield can't get resisted.

I was thinking perhaps i should just be the buff bot
Fri 5 Oct 2018 6:32 PM by Turtle006
My wife likes to play a Cleric so I am set lol.
Sun 7 Oct 2018 9:11 AM by Bethoc
Friars can solo purples without issue, though pairing with a cleric will vastly improve your efficiency (no sitting for power) and more than make up for halving your share of the loot. I would even bring in another melee class for additional kill speed.

I did this most recently on my hero, with a druid and one other, and we were shredding through mobs. Slam, switch to spear, spam positionals, dead. Repeat ad infinitum.
Mon 8 Oct 2018 11:24 AM by florin
Bethoc wrote:
Sun 7 Oct 2018 9:11 AM
Friars can solo purples without issue, though pairing with a cleric will vastly improve your efficiency (no sitting for power) and more than make up for halving your share of the loot. I would even bring in another melee class for additional kill speed.

I did this most recently on my hero, with a druid and one other, and we were shredding through mobs. Slam, switch to spear, spam positionals, dead. Repeat ad infinitum.

Ya - friar will be one I try out on the 20th for sure

Been getting the hang of animist and not sure i like the play style.

Necro I’m happy with - after haveing 4 but still learning a thing or two.

Bonedancer is interesting especially since they are more viable in rvr.
Tue 9 Oct 2018 5:17 PM by Armsmancer
By high level I'm guessing you're talking feather or at least other 60+ mobs

Once you hit a certain point the spells are crap against them and you want melee or dmg shields

Best trio I ever had was servant necro + enh cleric + minstrel

Duo just Nec + Cleric

Solo well maybe friars like others said above but after a certain point the melee penalties from a 65 swinging at a 50 is so much I'd pause to wager on the friar.

I noticed as a cab with the focus shield it was reduced 80% on lv 68 so very very slow , I haven't tested servant nec's dmg shield which is different so maybe even better, I did see a nec and cleric duo this same lv 68 in AC later on so hopefully others can chime in here about that.
Tue 9 Oct 2018 5:33 PM by Turtle006
I have duo killed a lot of the named red con mobs in the gatekeeper room in DF with a Necro and Cleric (she is actually Rejuv spec, I think like 42 Rejuv, 30 something Enhance). (Maybe it was us you saw, Necro is Gwaulk, Cleric is Aste) We will pull one at a time, but if we get 2 it is actually still pretty easy. When our third (very noob Minstrel) is on, we regularly pull 2 and have taken 3 at once. The only reason we don't pull more is it is faster over the long run to not tax the cleric's power with 2 (or 3) mobs. Although it gets too easy sometimes and I know she is getting bored when I see the lightning start lol.

We can kill kill grape Nightmares and other mobs also, they are just not as efficient. A high Nightmare takes a long time, but there is never any danger. I haven't tried killing the hulks yet, can't comment on that. We were mostly just farming enough for pots, since it is only beta.
Wed 10 Oct 2018 4:20 PM by Patron
Its possible in General to do lvl 60+ Mobs without kiting?
Seems imbalanced if so.

I would favor shamy or mental with kiting to try
Wed 10 Oct 2018 4:45 PM by Armsmancer
Back when I played live before all the expansions the best farm spot (back when diamond seals were kind of best $$) the princess room was the best it was full of lower hp succubus compared to mahr/nightmares and the princess was easy too there and would drop a bunch at once and named item drops from here were okay/decent to sell. This was with just necro/cleric or arms/cleric combos necro best though over time.
Wed 10 Oct 2018 6:11 PM by florin
Patron wrote:
Wed 10 Oct 2018 4:20 PM
Its possible in General to do lvl 60+ Mobs without kiting?
Seems imbalanced if so.

I would favor shamy or mental with kiting to try

My necro does solo halberdiers in AC on challenge mode. so lvl 60ish np. self buffs.. The other group mate is usually some person in another zone who is crafting or afk..just to get challenge mode on.
Wed 10 Oct 2018 6:24 PM by florin
Armsmancer wrote:
Tue 9 Oct 2018 5:17 PM
By high level I'm guessing you're talking feather or at least other 60+ mobs

Once you hit a certain point the spells are crap against them and you want melee or dmg shields

Best trio I ever had was servant necro + enh cleric + minstrel

Duo just Nec + Cleric

Solo well maybe friars like others said above but after a certain point the melee penalties from a 65 swinging at a 50 is so much I'd pause to wager on the friar.

I noticed as a cab with the focus shield it was reduced 80% on lv 68 so very very slow , I haven't tested servant nec's dmg shield which is different so maybe even better, I did see a nec and cleric duo this same lv 68 in AC later on so hopefully others can chime in here about that.

Ya i think the way ABS is affected by buffs and the damage shield gives pet classes a major advantage..even a blue con pet.

Optimally would like a red con / damage shield pet and run it with a minstrel but that was a toa centaur that got nerfed.

I may end up doing a PVP necro for giggles.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to PvE or the latest topics