Solo RvR: Skald, Hunter, BD, or SM?

Started 9 Jan 2019
by Ironicles
in Midgard
Trying to decide between these 4 classes to main at launch. I will be solo in RvR a large majority of the time due to my sporadic playing schedule. I prefer playing casters and played a BD on live, but the only issue is no horse therefore no speed for SM or BD. Skald is an obvious choice because of speed and Hunter due to stealth. Any advice? I think my order of preference would be BD, SM, Hunter, Skald. Just wanna make sure I don't waste a lot of time and get rolled every time soloing.
Thu 10 Jan 2019 4:50 AM by nixxo87
Imo everyone is going to zerg you on your bd and just kill you on sight, most likely the same with sm. The skald is the easy pick because of speed and potentially being able to have some groups ignore zerging you and letting you solo, and hunter to avoid everything else (although i hear hunter isn't very good) who knows. You'll have hastener for your sm/bs but once you hit combat your likely a sitting duck.

TBH you should play a sorc, speed cc and dmg, best of what your looking for.
Thu 10 Jan 2019 2:18 PM by Gnarrg
I played a dark sm on uthgard and it wasn't fun solo. Even though it's a very strong class 1v1 or even 1v2 you rarely get a chance for a fair fight. And lacking speed just isn't viable, you'll get ganked the vast majority of times.
Thu 10 Jan 2019 2:25 PM by inoeth
nixxo87 wrote:
Thu 10 Jan 2019 4:50 AM
Imo everyone is going to zerg you on your bd and just kill you on sight, most likely the same with sm. The skald is the easy pick because of speed and potentially being able to have some groups ignore zerging you and letting you solo, and hunter to avoid everything else (although i hear hunter isn't very good) who knows. You'll have hastener for your sm/bs but once you hit combat your likely a sitting duck.

TBH you should play a sorc, speed cc and dmg, best of what your looking for.

yes more sorcs for my hunter to kill ;D
Thu 10 Jan 2019 2:57 PM by phixion
To solo you either need stealth or speed, anyone trying to sell you anything else is taking the piss out of you!
Thu 10 Jan 2019 9:24 PM by Patron
You should play Skald or Hunter
Thu 10 Jan 2019 9:56 PM by Hector
make a stealther. solo as a visible is impossibly early on in a servers life. you are just fodder for fgs and small mans
Thu 10 Jan 2019 10:01 PM by Ironicles
I agree about speed, it will suck not having it. I know archer classes won't be as good, but will Hunters still be able to do OK?
Thu 10 Jan 2019 10:20 PM by Patron
yeah think so
Fri 11 Jan 2019 7:13 AM by Brokenstring
Skald is a superb solo class. Speed 6 with pots and access to IP. Plus 2H weapon without having to train in it and good dmg. It's a great and fun class. I've won fights 3v1 a few times on my Skald. All yellows to me.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics