Savages

Started 5 Apr 2020
by Oxylon
in Midgard
Hello,

I'm currently playing my H2H savage in thid and I'm wondering how to go further. I started with Kobold, 15 str and 10 dex. I want to play it through small/8.

I have some inquiries :

- H2H : does the mechanic work like celtic dual / dual wield ?

- weapons : do you cap swing speed using two slow 4.0 speed weapons, or need one faster?

- race : this is the point where I still hesitate. Troll or Kobold? (I can still change at that point)
I like kobold to be discreet on the field and I expect him to be less targeted, but is this true in grp vs grp fights?
I like kobold dex/qui, especially here on Phoenix without TOA. But won't I overcap 250 quickness softcap, and evade chance with our self buff?
That would be a waste of points.
Finally, if troll manage to have the same evade chance / swing speed than a kobold, if troll have higher WS, does it still worth to be a kobold for character size? (only regarding grp VS grp fights)

Thanks !
Sun 5 Apr 2020 8:25 PM by darkstar00
I have a kobold savage as well, but dont really play him much anymore. Yes, technically you are wasting stat points with kobold since in an rvr group you will have buffs from healer/ shaman.

However, I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you like kobbie then stay kobbie.

As for the wep speed, yes you will want to get the slowest ones, 4.0.

For the h2h mechanics, you dont always swing with your left hand like regular duel wield I dont think, but you will double + hit a lot.

You didnt ask, but i would go 50 h2h / 39 savagery / rest party. Your higher ws helps with getting more triples and quads especially once you get to 70+ which is the magical h2h skill to get more quads.
Mon 6 Apr 2020 9:16 AM by inoeth
normal spec is 44 h2h 49svg for best dmg
you dont need parry spec at all, svg has so much defense with his buffs
Mon 6 Apr 2020 10:49 AM by Oxylon
What's just run in my mind is that ok you may cap evade on paper at 50% both with kobold and troll, but this is a base that is then influenced by ennemy WS and weapons, number of ennemies... And it will drop bellow 50%.
So hopefully the maximised d/q on kobold that is over caped on paper might still increase your evade chance more than a troll when facing real situations.
Mon 6 Apr 2020 3:24 PM by darkstar00
Oxylon wrote:
Mon 6 Apr 2020 10:49 AM
What's just run in my mind is that ok you may cap evade on paper at 50% both with kobold and troll, but this is a base that is then influenced by ennemy WS and weapons, number of ennemies... And it will drop bellow 50%.
So hopefully the maximised d/q on kobold that is over caped on paper might still increase your evade chance more than a troll when facing real situations.

Precisely.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics