Off block stun in Sword

Started 6 Oct 2018
by depth
in Midgard
I thought that I read somewhere on the boards that they plan to change the off block stun in Sword to off evade, was I hallucinating because I can no longer seem to locate where I read this information?
Sun 7 Oct 2018 5:45 PM by Magesty
I believe the prerequisite for styles is being changed only for classes that cannot perform it. The mods definitely said this at one point, but perhaps they have changed their minds since as it gives a lot of classes access to stuns they otherwise wouldn’t have had.

I’d assume that for Shadowblades and Hunters Frost Cut will be changed to off evade if it hasn’t already.
Sun 7 Oct 2018 7:31 PM by relvinian
Both hunters and shadowblades can use shields.
Sun 7 Oct 2018 8:02 PM by Magesty
Wow, yeah, no off block style changes for them then.
Mon 8 Oct 2018 12:19 AM by Cadebrennus
I say leave it as is. That way there will be pros and cons to different style lines.
Mon 8 Oct 2018 10:00 PM by relvinian
Where does it end?

There is a whole chain on blade off parry, but what about the poor battle bard?

doesn't the battle bard need his parry chain changed?
Mon 8 Oct 2018 10:53 PM by Thinal
It's getting close to i50 if not release, and this hasn't happened yet. Still, hard to assume without any actual feedback on the subject.

I'm personally against it. I can see some personal benefit, such as getting a decent after-evade style on a blades ranger who has no off-evade blades styles and presumably low CD, certainly not a diamondback, while a decent 4-second after-block stun is all but unusable. But it provides strategic choices in how to build.
Mon 8 Oct 2018 11:44 PM by florin
Hopefully styles get more scrutiny - there are so many useless styles for example in alb thrust line below 44 spec.
Tue 9 Oct 2018 4:37 AM by depth
relvinian wrote:
Sun 7 Oct 2018 7:31 PM
Both hunters and shadowblades can use shields.

Technically yes they can, lol. You really don't have to read too far between the lines to see why this would be a useful QoL change for them though.... c'mon.
Tue 9 Oct 2018 12:48 PM by Ganaka
Every custom change this server makes should be to buff DPS! Even at the expense of tanks and healers, DPS classes should be buffed!
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics