mid 69 alb 115 hib 91

Started 11 Sep 2018
by relvinian
in Midgard
Mid needs something.
Tue 11 Sep 2018 4:57 PM by relvinian
74 mid 123 alb 96 hib atm

I will stop spamming this thread but I think mid needs something.

I'm hoping live will bring some new blood to the realm, and all realms, but also just looking at mid they need something.

OR, at least bonuses to stuff over and above what is in place, if the pop difference remains this percent.
Tue 11 Sep 2018 5:03 PM by Cadebrennus
Once RvR is in full swing on live Mid's numbers will definitely swell. I think those are just numbers tied to beta PvE. Honestly who wants to PvE in Mid? It's depressing looking and looks like Minnesota.
Tue 11 Sep 2018 6:47 PM by Seigmoraig
Mid is the easiest realm to build a good team in. I have no doubt that this is a symptom of /40 and beta
Tue 11 Sep 2018 7:42 PM by relvinian
now at more peak times its

mid 120 hib 162 and alb 150
Wed 12 Sep 2018 3:00 AM by Falken
We got it, we are underdog. Thanks for making those of us who play mid aware of nothing we didn't already know.
Wed 12 Sep 2018 3:07 AM by Zansobar
What are these numbers for each realm representing? Is it total population or level 50 pop or something?
Wed 12 Sep 2018 4:05 AM by Wronin
Thanes need a DD proc on Polar Rift and Skalds need Celerity on damage add chant. that should fix it
Wed 12 Sep 2018 4:01 PM by FrackinReavers
Dont even bother rolling mid before Live. It's pathetic lol
Wed 12 Sep 2018 4:53 PM by Sayuri
the sb need some love so we can choose between all 3 realm for stealther and not only 2
Wed 12 Sep 2018 8:20 PM by chryso
Mid is fine. We have all we need, thanks.
Wed 12 Sep 2018 10:53 PM by Falken
Zansobar wrote:
Wed 12 Sep 2018 3:07 AM
What are these numbers for each realm representing? Is it total population or level 50 pop or something?

He is quoting numbers at different times of the day using the /serverinfo command, mid has always been underdog, it only gets worse as we depart EU prime time and get towards NA prime time.
Thu 13 Sep 2018 6:42 PM by Armsmancer
"mid 69 alb 115 hib 91"

So what?

Expecting an even distribution of the player base is fallacious. This is a worthless post because the numbers indicate only the online players at that one snapshot moment in time, it does nothing more. It especially doesn't indicate one realm needs anything more than the bonuses that are already in for being underdog. Please, I beseech you, try for once using logic, it is becoming a part time job reading these forums and seeing your posts and having to apply logic 101 to them. If you don't understand why I say that, then please think about what you are saying. You took numbers at one moment in time. This tells us only that. Did you post a range of over a week or month to actually show something like a trend? No, you lazily just took one snapshot and think that justifies anything. It justifies nothing. This is like "those 1 percenters!" arguments you've probably heard.

Without getting into politics here and for analogy purposes only, the "1%" is a group that people move in and out of daily, some are in it for a year after selling their nice house, then never in it ever again. It is fallacious to point to the 1% as a static group, and for the same reason you cannot point at the population distribution at one tiny moment in time and say anything of value about it, and especially you cannot hold up this snapshot and expect others to make some sweeping changes based off it.
Thu 13 Sep 2018 10:33 PM by Kralin
Cadebrennus wrote:
Tue 11 Sep 2018 5:03 PM
Once RvR is in full swing on live Mid's numbers will definitely swell. I think those are just numbers tied to beta PvE. Honestly who wants to PvE in Mid? It's depressing looking and looks like Minnesota.

Hey now. I live in MN and it's only cold and snowy for 4 months a year on average. Our summers and autumns are gorgeous. And some people like winter >< But yeah, we do look like Scandinavia which is why there are so many Norse and Swedes living here.
Thu 13 Sep 2018 10:55 PM by Aegis15656
Kralin wrote:
Thu 13 Sep 2018 10:33 PM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Tue 11 Sep 2018 5:03 PM

Hey now. I live in MN and it's only cold and snowy for 4 months a year on average. Our summers and autumns are gorgeous. And some people like winter >< But yeah, we do look like Scandinavia which is why there are so many Norse and Swedes living here.

Not sure what part of Minnesota you live in Definitely not the region I got stuck in for over a year. I was so glad to get back to PNW :}
Fri 14 Sep 2018 3:43 PM by Kohi
Armsmancer wrote:
Thu 13 Sep 2018 6:42 PM
This is a worthless post because the numbers indicate only the online players at that one snapshot moment in time, it does nothing more.

Nope. It's like this everyday, at least at my playtime (between 9AM>5PM JP timezone), so not really a "snapshot". ;-)
However, if annoying atm, i don't see this like a problem yet, we're still in beta phase, so no need to ring the alarm.
We'll have to check again once live and monitore those numbers, tho.
Fri 14 Sep 2018 9:44 PM by Pendalith
I believe they posted that /serverinfo only shows current level 50's in you're realm. Also imo talking about population before launch is a waste. gg wp
Sat 15 Sep 2018 2:59 AM by Armsmancer
Exhibit A

This is a friday night at 9pm NA time

They are fielding 3-5fg easily to keeps and rvr tasks against 1-2fg albs and 1-2fg hibs

As I stated above, the snapshots don't matter that you posted because why the hell would they boost something for Mids just for YOUR playtime when we are getting rolled over by them?
Sat 15 Sep 2018 2:44 PM by Smilo
There is a huge difference between EU Mids: (a few, looking for the perfect setup just to be sandwiched by two zergs on first inc, never zerging back, never a battlegroup) and NA Mids who - in my opinion - are a good team always willing to fight back and get things done.

Im Eu and cant wait for the Americans to log in so we finally start rolling...

Keep in mind a lot of people played Mid on the U server and right now they want to try Alb and Hib.
Mon 17 Sep 2018 9:50 PM by Brokenstring
Mid is usually just fine when things are for real. Mid is the easiest to build a core group (healer/shaman, rest whatever), and leveling on Mid has always been the fastest. Come launch, Mid will probably be fine.

I've played Mid so much over the years I'm mostly sick of the realm. And there were a lot of EU Mids that probably want to try other realms, as the poster above said.
Fri 21 Sep 2018 12:19 AM by Haruspex
Mid doesn't need anything.

On retail Mid was the lowest pop of every server except Bors, where it was the biggest. Mid has ALWYAS been the underdog, but due to class abilities and group composition we've always managed to be competetive and often outright dominant. That's not to mention this is BETA and many many people including myself are not even playing because we're waiting for the actual release.

Midgard is fine and will always be fine.
Fri 21 Sep 2018 2:01 AM by Armsmancer
There's already an underdog xp/rp bonus in place, anything more than that is dumb because why give them like more STR bonuses, or a mid class more utility or anything else, when something like population constantly changes. Incentive in xp/rp is all you can fairly have that you wouldn't have to constantly babysit. The entire premise of this post is fallacious as I pointed out before, it justifies nothing, and there is already something in place.
Fri 21 Sep 2018 8:26 PM by Kralin
Haruspex wrote:
Fri 21 Sep 2018 12:19 AM
Mid doesn't need anything.

On retail Mid was the lowest pop of every server except Bors, where it was the biggest. Mid has ALWYAS been the underdog, but due to class abilities and group composition we've always managed to be competetive and often outright dominant. That's not to mention this is BETA and many many people including myself are not even playing because we're waiting for the actual release.

Midgard is fine and will always be fine.

I agree Midgard is fine and has usually been competitive/dominant but I don't agree with your statement that Mid was the lowest pop of every server except Bors. If that's true, it's interesting but please cite your source.
Sat 29 Sep 2018 4:37 AM by Beefzerkee
You guys have celerity, the best tank trains, and bonedancers. You're fine and need nothing.
Sat 29 Sep 2018 6:39 AM by defiasbandit
Did that guy really claim Midgard was the most underpopulated realm on like every live server. Seriously.
Sat 29 Sep 2018 8:57 AM by Cadebrennus
defiasbandit wrote:
Sat 29 Sep 2018 6:39 AM
Did that guy really claim Midgard was the most underpopulated realm on like every live server. Seriously.

Ya that's pretty nuts. On Nimue Mid outnumbered Alb anywhere between 2-1 to 4-1. Hib was nearly nonexistent.
Sun 30 Sep 2018 2:52 PM by Aeliin
I really hope realm will be balanced at release... this afternoon it's insane.

Darkage of Stealthalot :

Mon 1 Oct 2018 11:09 PM by FrackinReavers
Aeliin wrote:
Sun 30 Sep 2018 2:52 PM
I really hope realm will be balanced at release... this afternoon it's insane.

Darkage of Stealthalot :

Yeah. Something is wrong with classes here lol. Stealther server. Will flop.
Mon 1 Oct 2018 11:16 PM by Ganaka
No good buff goes unnoticed! Free MOS for all Stealthers has consequences...
Tue 2 Oct 2018 12:41 AM by Varano
thats what happens when only solo classes are stealthers, i.e. we need horses
Tue 2 Oct 2018 1:04 AM by defiasbandit
Varano wrote:
Tue 2 Oct 2018 12:41 AM
thats what happens when only solo classes are stealthers, i.e. we need horses

No horses. Hastener pots.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics