Melee class population in Midgard

Started 9 Oct 2018
by kmark101
in Midgard
Trying to get a more clear picture about what to expect on the melee front and what to roll when this hits live.
Savages are everywhere now, after the 25% DW nerf are they the primary melee damage dealers? How about the Berserker situation?
Are Warriors still well represented or need more of them generally? Anyone plays Thane at all?
Tue 9 Oct 2018 10:51 PM by opossum12
Personally I think zerkers are still really good; snares, prevent flight and potential for big spike dmg on demand, and higher WS/DW penetration that a savage doesn’t have. I still think they have their place.

From what I’ve seen, warriors and savages are well represented, zerkers a bit less, and I think I’ve seen 1 thane actively rvr
Wed 10 Oct 2018 12:00 AM by Falken
Depends on the players personal choice.

Warrior is great damage along with being primary peeler, primarily your role would be as peeler/guard bot to help on targets being focused or assisting if there is no pressure. Ideally at least one of these per group, more doesn't hurt.

Savage is randomly spikey, but is reliant as long as you avoid guarded targets because you don't have the block penetration that zerker gets from duel wielding (savage doesn't count as DW despite having a weapon in each hand). 0-2 per group

Zerker is much more reliable and consistent damage, even against a guarded target you will get through more often than any of the other light tanks in mid, however their damage only spikes in vendo which leaves you as a prime focus target, so you must be very careful when popping this (best to due when you have pressure going and are CC immune so that you get the full duration). 0-2 per group

Skald is awesome if you ever want to solo, and groups will also require one per group for speed, however there is typically a lot of these, so leveling / grouping at 50 could be rough (but you can solo level decently with xp items so no concerns there). 1 per group

Thane, in its current state is not highly desired in groups, so if you roll this just be prepared to primarily solo on hastener speed and be disappointed by your melee dmg and no RAs geared towards casting. At least you can get slam?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics