Best Grp RvR Mid Caster outside RM

Started 29 Aug 2018
by BaldEagle
in Midgard
Hi All,

I'm thinking of rolling a RM when we go live as they are the best mid caster for grp rvr. I am worried though that there may be a lot of RMs out there and competition for groups may be tough. Is either the SM (probably dark) or BD viable for groups, or will both of these have trouble and I should just stick with a RM? I'm not looking to just be an AOE SM, so this would be for 8man RvR.
Wed 29 Aug 2018 9:33 PM by Niix
Bonedancer best mid caster
then RM
then SM
then cave Shaman
Wed 29 Aug 2018 10:15 PM by klaggorn
Could make an argument for any caster being the best based off your group setup. If you have a set 8 man, see what the comp will be. If not, what the above post says i tend to agree with., but each has its peaks and valleys.
Thu 30 Aug 2018 12:41 AM by BaldEagle
I'm leaning towards a Dark RM or Dark SM.

I think it may be worth it for both to sacrifice the highest nuke. So with RM i'd have yellow NS and BT, and with the SM I'd have demezz.

Please let me know if this is a dumb idea.
Thu 30 Aug 2018 12:50 AM by Falken
SM with demez (they get it @ 19 on this server) might be heavily underrated, an extra demezzer is always appreciated. Any of the casters played well can shine, just pick what you enjoy and be the best at it. Mid caster pugs are going to be ROUGH though, if beta is any indication at the people we will have on mid a caster setup takes a bit more finesse than its usual tank heavy faceroll setup, so take that however you will. All hibs run is 5 natty because it is very OP (for a variety of reasons) with healing the way it is and it will just out last and out CC whatever it comes up against.
Thu 30 Aug 2018 11:57 AM by klaggorn
Firstly sm gets demez at 26. Secondly, if you go dark, you're dark for the nukes. Get the high level nuke and blow shit up. Ns is curable and while it's still effective, it's curable. 47 dark 26 supp, 48 rc 11 supp rest dark for 48 rc green nearsight in supp and rest dark. I think the third is a better option for higher rr, especially if you have someone assisting you.

Sm is 47 dark 26 supp
Thu 30 Aug 2018 12:48 PM by Seigmoraig
klaggorn wrote:
Thu 30 Aug 2018 11:57 AM
Firstly sm gets demez at 26. Secondly, if you go dark, you're dark for the nukes. Get the high level nuke and blow shit up. Ns is curable and while it's still effective, it's curable. 47 dark 26 supp, 48 rc 11 supp rest dark for 48 rc green nearsight in supp and rest dark. I think the third is a better option for higher rr, especially if you have someone assisting you.

Sm is 47 dark 26 supp

On this server SM get Demez at 19

"Spiritmaster
The duration of the Body, Spirit and Energy debuff spells (Darkness spec) has been reduced to 15 seconds.
The demezz has been moved from 28 Suppression to 19."
https://playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27
Thu 30 Aug 2018 12:52 PM by klaggorn
I eat my words. Was there another change to 19 from 26? Could have swore the original was 26.
Thu 30 Aug 2018 2:13 PM by heardstheword
klaggorn wrote:
Thu 30 Aug 2018 11:57 AM

47 RC 26 supp is the way to go as RM if you are to go nukes. 1st PBT and 45% NS is probably better for your team than the final cold debuff, unless you're in a pure mage train.

At higher RR I've seen people go for the tri-spec:
36 RC (2nd cold debuff)
26 supp (1st PBT)
30 Dark (to bump your cold base-nuke, which is what you'll be using after each cold debuff to wreck)
Thu 30 Aug 2018 6:05 PM by BaldEagle
Thanks everyone.

So now the choice between RM and SM
Thu 30 Aug 2018 7:22 PM by heardstheword
BaldEagle wrote:
Thu 30 Aug 2018 6:05 PM
Thanks everyone.

So now the choice between RM and SM

The beauty of beta is that you get to try both out to see which play style you prefer.
Fri 31 Aug 2018 10:37 AM by Smilo
DARK SM was already a good class: very strong and fast DD, very strong DEX/QUI debuff, high survavibility thanks to intercepting pet and drain life DD (you can play more aggressively compared to an RM)... and now the de-mezz at 19 supp made it even better and more group friendly.
Its also a good class to smallman and would be a great soloer if it had any form of speed.

One class that always interested me on paper but i never tried is DARK BD, i think dd/snares are an understimated tool to deal with unCCable tanks.
Fri 31 Aug 2018 11:08 AM by heardstheword
Smilo wrote:
Fri 31 Aug 2018 10:37 AM
One class that always interested me on paper but i never tried is DARK BD, i think dd/snares are an understimated tool to deal with unCCable tanks.

Dark BD is great in groups. The mage skeletons provide great ranged interrupts
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics