AOE DoT farming

Started 17 Jul 2018
by colechar
in Midgard
Now that people have had an opportunity to level a bit, does anyone have suggestions of good spots to level a cave shaman using AOE DoTs? Looking for tightly packed mobs that don’t run too fast in a decently open area to kite. And if they happen to BAF, even better.

I appreciate any information.
Wed 18 Jul 2018 11:56 AM by caillin
I haven't found any good camps for it yet. The mobs seem to leash pretty early on this server so far, which means I can't kite them very far.
Wed 18 Jul 2018 12:36 PM by caillin
50th for me.

I've tried the chilled wraith camp in jamtland, which has mobs tightly packed, but they return to camp so quickly i can't keep them grouped.
Wed 18 Jul 2018 2:03 PM by colechar
Do the usual spots still work (Varulv, Vanern Swamp) or are those working differently as well? Basically, is a cave shaman still a strong, solo farming character? Otherwise I'll keep my shaman Aug specced and look for a different farming class/spec.
Wed 18 Jul 2018 7:47 PM by caillin
There are a few aggro mobs in Varul that really get in the way of kiting.

There are some frogs in vanern, but not the 'big' frog camp.

I'm still looking for spots, but haven't found any yet. (Or i'm just doing it wrong and need a tutorial).
Wed 25 Jul 2018 12:49 PM by colechar
My shaman is now level 28 and when i can't find a group, I /respec to cave and look to solo. Any experienced players know of good AoE spots for a high 20s or low 30s shaman? If your answer is Muspelheim, could you be specific? I went there last night for the first time and it is really difficult to navigate with the cliffs and valleys.
Thanks in advance.
Wed 25 Jul 2018 1:02 PM by heardstheword
colechar wrote:
Wed 25 Jul 2018 12:49 PM
My shaman is now level 28 and when i can't find a group, I /respec to cave and look to solo. Any experienced players know of good AoE spots for a high 20s or low 30s shaman?

http://capnbry.net/daoc/mobs.php?a=zones&r=2

I've been using this site to find the condensed group of mobs. I don't know of any specific spots for that level. But we had A LOT of success around late 30's in Cathal Valley just south of the Mid Portal Keep farming the Rocots with AoE dots and kiting.
Wed 25 Jul 2018 2:27 PM by colechar
heardstheword wrote:
Wed 25 Jul 2018 1:02 PM
colechar wrote:
Wed 25 Jul 2018 12:49 PM
My shaman is now level 28 and when i can't find a group, I /respec to cave and look to solo. Any experienced players know of good AoE spots for a high 20s or low 30s shaman?

http://capnbry.net/daoc/mobs.php?a=zones&r=2

I've been using this site to find the condensed group of mobs. I don't know of any specific spots for that level. But we had A LOT of success around late 30's in Cathal Valley just south of the Mid Portal Keep farming the Rocots with AoE dots and kiting.

I've been using that website to find general mob levels, but I've failed to determine whether camps are clumped or not. For example, Northern Lights in Uppland looked like a mass of mobs, but in reality, there were maybe 6-8 of them and could never get more than 2 with an AoE dot.
Wed 25 Jul 2018 3:35 PM by Kralin
It would be great if a cave shaman who has leveled like this for many levels would post some of their favorite spots on this server for different level ranges. The staff has said some areas have an increase in mob counts so there must be good locations out there.
Thu 26 Jul 2018 4:26 PM by colechar
I wandered into Musspelheim yesterday, down into the valleys at 15k,45k and 30k,30k and found nice camps of seared skeletons. Orange/yellow to me at level 28. I was able to DoT pull and get anywhere from 2 to 5 mobs per pull. I’ve heard people talk about “body pulling” but I’m curious how that is done as a solo shaman. I did run through the camp once, to aggro a bunch of mobs, but They seemed to break off pursuit before I could get enough distance to cast the AOE DoT spell.
Still looking for help!
Thu 26 Jul 2018 5:07 PM by heardstheword
colechar wrote:
Thu 26 Jul 2018 4:26 PM
I’ve heard people talk about “body pulling” but I’m curious how that is done as a solo shaman.

Body pulling is for groups. When you cast on a single mob, if you get BAF the adds will randomly choose a target causing some issues. Body pulling forces the adds to target the person pulling (ideally a tank to hold aggro).

colechar wrote:
Thu 26 Jul 2018 4:26 PM
They seemed to break off pursuit before I could get enough distance to cast the AOE DoT spell.
Still looking for help!

Whenever they reach the end of their leash /face and cast again. Also kiting in circles helps. The hardest part is not only finding a condensed group of mobs but also finding enough room to run around in circles while the dot works its magic.
Sat 12 Jan 2019 1:16 AM by Shazzbotz
I remember farming the crabs in spindelheim, only a few are labeled aggressive and you can run around in a circle forever in that little crab room.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics