Shadowblade spec

Started 28 Feb 2019
by Stickjoo
in Midgard
Tue 29 Jun 2021 12:41 PM by inoeth
only side snares for sb and garotte...
Horg solo Hunter Einherjar Lone Enforcer ~42,8% solo kills
Eik solo Shadowblade Flammen Fru ~50% solo kills

newest project: Gael SlaveKnight rr4 Infiltrator (atm 52% solo kills )

Quidquid agis, prudenter agas et respice finem.
Tue 29 Jun 2021 1:59 PM by CowwoC
inoeth wrote:
Tue 29 Jun 2021 8:44 AM
CowwoC wrote:
Sat 26 Jun 2021 1:54 PM
inoeth wrote:
Thu 24 Jun 2021 2:33 PM
did you take any look at dmg rates and hit bonus? this sword combo has the best availablle for SBs high dmg, good hit bonus, good styleprocs (21asr, 13 bleed)
there is no other combo that can do this.

kvasir sword is only 3.5 speed but actually i run my infi with 3.3 mainhand and rip with that. the most important thing is to get close to 1.5s speed and use highest dmg styles possible

I asked you if you compared the damage to axe, this was a serious question - because i wanted to see the difference in numbers if possible..
I also asked my questions because you said:

inoeth wrote: but tbh it was better before, i dont like the change for sb
i mean the dmg is ok when you get your frontal combo through but many ppl strafe or lag and then you miss the frontal very often basicly gimping your whole dmg
meanwhile NS get and ANYTIME combo with very high dmg and 30% ASR on it.....

So now you rely on the frontal sword asr debuff and the bleed follow-up, but at the same time you struggled with la to get the frontal combo off, because people strafe. What's the difference with sword, people magically stop to strafe? The to hit bonus is by the way the same as the la front combo. No doubt that the sword frontal is better than the la frontal, but that wasn't the point right. If you can't get off your frontal anyway, how is it making your overall damage better compared to axe? What are the dmg numbers between kvasir and dragonmight?

Losing the 30% asr debuff is huge if you can make it work, just saying.

axe does not have any good anytimer or frontal combo, so i ignored this question because its obvious that axe lacks there...
well you can only go for frontal combos or you skill CS...and you are right the hit boni on sword are the same as LA but sword also offers 0 def bonus while LA gives you a malus. i dont really know why i have to explain this, just take a look at the styles??! a comparison between kvasirs sword and dragonmight is useless because they do not have the same speeds, so dmg numbers are totally different anyway. at this point i think you might troll tbh....
i dont strafe so the side 30% asr is basicly useless in 90% of the fights anyway

If anyone trolls here it's you. You don't provide any numbers and get caught in your own contradictions. Obviously dragonmight and kvasir have different dmg numbers because of their different speed BUT that's the point of comparing each other - do i really have to explain this to you? And yet again you can't get off the LA frontal but sword frontal does the job? You ignore the 30% side asr and the side stun which is super easy to land - because - uhm you don't strafe? What are you doing while fighting other sins, just spamming your sword frontal as backup for your sword anytimer? lmao, you are hilarious. You might spec into cs and spam garotte my friend, this play style should suite you - no offense.
Tue 29 Jun 2021 2:03 PM by Tashkent
You should use the sidestun regardless of spec.
Tue 29 Jun 2021 2:07 PM by CowwoC
Tashkent wrote:
Tue 29 Jun 2021 2:03 PM
You can use the LA sidestun with 50 sword and 4x LA too.

No he can't, he does not strafe. The point is, it helps nobody to just blow out "sword is better" without any data behind it. I mean he tested it, right? Just drop some numbers so that all can make conclusions. If it fit's his play style to spam anytimer fine, but if i drop the 30% asr and dragonmight - there is better a good reason for it other than the frontal of sword is slightly better, which he probably can not get off anyway.
Tue 29 Jun 2021 2:34 PM by inoeth
dude.... you have the option to go frontal LA, frontal sword or anytime CS ... sure it sucks to use frontals but from all those three options sword is the best, what do you want from me now? i was not talking about side styles at all because its not my style to strafe them, if you want to do that do it and dont get on my fucking nerves... rly man i was just pointing out the benefits of sword frontal combo and you turn it into a l2p thing. get out or contribute something usefull.

whats the point in posting dmg numbers when you clearly know that those are different? thing is the faster you swing and the higher the growth rate on used styles, the higher is the dmg output over time and sword clearly wins here just from looking up data from the char planer, its easy as that. maybe you bring some numbers if you think its the complete opposite. you know i dont have to prove anything but you have if you think im wrong....

gosh gimme a break

Tue 29 Jun 2021 3:26 PM by CowwoC
inoeth wrote: dude.... you have the option to go frontal LA, frontal sword or anytime CS ... sure it sucks to use frontals but from all those three options sword is the best, what do you want from me now? i was not talking about side styles at all because its not my style to strafe them, if you want to do that do it and dont get on my fucking nerves... rly man i was just pointing out the benefits of sword frontal combo and you turn it into a l2p thing. get out or contribute something usefull.

whats the point in posting dmg numbers when you clearly know that those are different? thing is the faster you swing and the higher the growth rate on used styles, the higher is the dmg output over time and sword clearly wins here just from looking up data from the char planer, its easy as that. maybe you bring some numbers if you think its the complete opposite. you know i dont have to prove anything but you have if you think im wrong....

gosh gimme a break

Ok what ever, you obviously still don't get it.

By the way, it's not your gameplay skills which lack - i have never seen you - so why would i make that assumption other from your own sayings that you struggle to land frontal styles - it's your way how to discuss. At the beginning i asked you a simple question and you felt attacked, revealed your wrong assumptions about the to hit bonus, said kvasir is only 3.5 but since you rip with your infil and a 3.3 weapon(lmao what a great comparison) sword is still superior. Then i pointed out that the sword frontal is indeed the best, but a decent comparison between lines is not just one positional which shines - unless it's really op which the sword frontal is not. Again if it fits your playstyle it's all good but don't try to sell a donkey for a stallion just because you don't use all mechanics a class has to offer, which means using other positionals and reactionals and not just spamming anytimer.

And since i don't have to proof anything myself, my opinion is that the 30% asr and having access to dragonmight is better than the frontal sword combo, since you can land sidestyles almost as easy as frontal styles anyway and you also can push bleed stacks without it. But hey your reply shows me that there is no point trying to discuss with someone who acts like [...] beacause his feelings are hurt or something. But thanks anyway and have a good day.
Wed 30 Jun 2021 7:33 AM by inoeth
well hmm soo to fit your argumentation style, would it not be just better to use ragnarok with dragonfury all the time? i mean strafing a backstyle is just as easy as landing a frontal is it? and since you are always run through the target, dismissing any hits of your opponent since "target is not in view", you do not need any ASR aswell.

sounds stupid? well thats how i feel about your comments.

have a good day aswell

Return to Midgard or the latest topics