Thane RA’s and tips

Started 27 Jan 2021
by xbich
in Midgard
Since i have not played Thane (and to be honest, i have never played it well), i would like to know wich RA,s should i use and few tips.

Race: Frostalf
RR: 5L0
RAs: Purge 3, ST 1, aug dex 5, moart 5

Normally i use the old trick of: numb + purged + slam and nuke. But in an experienced player it doesnt work

Grateful for any help
Wed 27 Jan 2021 8:57 AM by easytoremember
when you slam an enemy and expect to start nuking them use the few seconds after your Slam style to sprint away since the timer won't let you start casting for ~2 seconds

You may also consider waiting until your energy debuff procs before stunning bulkier targets
Wed 27 Jan 2021 11:37 AM by inoeth
so your plan is to solo?
i suggest to up mob and moparry, the cast speed wont help you tbh as i doubt that you can get off more than 4 nukes in a slam
as alrdy said you have 2sec dt after slam so from your 9sec slam you have 7sec left
assuming frostalf with 10 start dex you end up with 223 dex
according to the cast speed spreadsheet your single dd needs 1.748sec cast time which results in 4.0046 nukes within the 7 sec
if you now pump dex5 arts5 you go down to 1.544sec cast time which results in 4.533 casts per 7sec
and well 0.5=half a cast=no cast, so in the end you spend 20 RA points for nothing

get mob5 moparry5 and you can maybe survive stun immunity to slam again
Wed 27 Jan 2021 1:49 PM by xbich
inoeth wrote:
Wed 27 Jan 2021 11:37 AM
so your plan is to solo?
i suggest to up mob and moparry, the cast speed wont help you tbh as i doubt that you can get off more than 4 nukes in a slam
as alrdy said you have 2sec dt after slam so from your 9sec slam you have 7sec left
assuming frostalf with 10 start dex you end up with 223 dex
according to the cast speed spreadsheet your single dd needs 1.748sec cast time which results in 4.0046 nukes within the 7 sec
if you now pump dex5 arts5 you go down to 1.544sec cast time which results in 4.533 casts per 7sec
and well 0.5=half a cast=no cast, so in the end you spend 20 RA points for nothing

get mob5 moparry5 and you can maybe survive stun immunity to slam again

Thx, great idea
Sat 13 Feb 2021 1:44 AM by Laron
In 1 vs. 1, slam-sprint-nuke (usually the enemy will purge before you can nuke), ST (to reset stun immunity) - slam - sprint nuke, nuke, nuke works nicely. NS and other classes may try to interrupt your nuking with instants though.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics