What to do, and what not to do ??? :O

Started 3 Oct 2018
by Rexoo
in Albion
Okay the thing is - Played at release in the old days. Now im playing again (Hands down great ideer, with the PF server ). And ones again i am playing a Paladin, through I know from back then, and I belive the same goes for now. The Paladin by it self suck's soloing in pve - with no healer. And the class has always been a joke in solo pvp. Also grouped pve, and rvr is more or lee a no go, compert to other classes that can do as a good job, even better - As a tank.

(And i belive is against the rules her, aswell = Like Ahk. ?) Forced to hit 1 - 8 keys none stop. For runing chants, that are a joke also are a joke, and dont give any - over abilitie / over any other class as a tank.
The Paladin also as we all know have NO dps - But thats kinda okay - Becuse the class, is more about I cant hit like a tank, but You guys cant kill me! But I can go on and on forever.

Naa I have a hole liste og abilities (Even from within the games abilities). But that Is never going to happen. LOL I just talk and talk. When what I need is a " pep talk ":
1. Is there a new and brighter fureture for the Paladin i dont know of?
2. Should I play the class or should I dropit as before / again and again(In any game)
3. Why is the class even in the game - Dev?

- - - HELP!!!
Wed 3 Oct 2018 11:31 PM by Armsmancer
Armsman or Merc outshine the paladin so much at this state of the game (patch level / RAs / Custom changes) that , withholding some announcement from the devs about some huge overhaul (pack a lunch on that one), just roll one of the above instead .
Thu 4 Oct 2018 3:36 AM by Waygone
If you wanna stay Alb and get real crazy, roll a reaver. They are just a step behind the aforementioned classes and some might say right up there. Imo they are even better than those 2 classes in solo/small man RvR..
Depends on your playstyle. If you're not stuck on Alb and want the hybrid feel role a valewalker. Another good "solo" type class
Thu 4 Oct 2018 8:44 AM by relvinian
Maybe since paladins suck the devs could let paladins use mechanical mice and keyboards.

That would be good enough for me. As the main thing stopping me is I actually have carpal tunnel.
Thu 4 Oct 2018 2:34 PM by Rexoo
Armsmancer wrote:
Wed 3 Oct 2018 11:31 PM
Armsman or Merc outshine the paladin so much at this state of the game (patch level / RAs / Custom changes) that , withholding some announcement from the devs about some huge overhaul (pack a lunch on that one), just roll one of the above instead .
Fri 5 Oct 2018 9:21 PM by Aincrad
I am fairly certain the devs are well aware of the situation and will do something to make paladins more viable. Along with some of the other hybrid classes that need it.
Fri 5 Oct 2018 9:34 PM by Cadebrennus
The nerf yesterday to dual wielders definitely helped all sword and board classes (not to mention classes that rely on evade). It was a halving of the penalty to block and evade when facing a dual wielder. With that in place I would say that Paladins are in a much better place defense-wise.
Sat 6 Oct 2018 2:17 PM by yallia
The nerf to dual wield sure increased the paladin defense, but unless you are soloing it doesn't really matter. There is a thread about hybrid classes where paladin current state have been discussed extensively.

IMO until they get access to stoi / cheap purge they won't have their place in a real group. They are excellent peelers and bring great utility, but the fact they will get out cc'd will make them pretty useless when facing a group with same level. By the time they out of that root / mezz the ennemies tank will already be on your casters, and then it's just trying to catchup to them to start peeling.

It's a huge window of time where your group won't be able to do much ; because, you have to add the time the additional time the paladin is cc'd, then the time to catchup to the ennemies tank while your focused caster will most likely be kiting back, so away from you, then you finally manage to peel the caster still need to get some distance to resume casting. Timing & tempo is very important to caster groups : the more hindrances there is, the less likely it is your group will win. So atm -and again imo- the utility of a paladin doesn't make up at all for that huge disadvantage.

That being said, I sure hope phoenix will work on the hybrids (and not just the paladins) as they are very interesting classes, and I for one would love to see more of them out there.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics