Smite Cleric

Started 11 Apr 2020
by mancity
in Albion
gday,

I played a smiter on guin/etc for a long time... and was some what successful. beat castertroy to rr12 by over a year etc.

I've just d/l this version, gotten to 50 and i have a few questions.

1) what dex do i need to get at? we use to have a specific number, but obviously without toa's etc, it might be different. stun is 2.5, dd is 3..

2) i notice there isn't the extra smite spells like there was for the past 10 years on live - the 210 dd, snare etc. what RA set up would i be aiming for to improve the damage from a low rank.

3) where should i look for a template ? is there a lot of options out there?

thanks, i'll sure ill be asking more.

Andyn.
Sat 11 Apr 2020 1:19 PM by shintacki
Smite clerics are really bad here, so you should know that straight out of the gate. But to answer your questions:

1. There is no dex cap. So every point in dex will increase your casting speed by the same amount.

2. Two weeks ago I would have told you wild power is the best way to increase damage but they recently changed the way crits work so I’m not sure that’s the case anymore. Since clerics don’t get a base chance to crit with smite spells I’m thinking some level of wild power is still nice but I’m not sure investing lots of points will help too much. So maybe mastery of magery I guess. Your damage output and power pool is going to suck no matter what, ethereal bond might be worth considering.

3. Due to the rog drop system here each players template is unique so you cant really just find one online and look to duplicate it, you have to make your own. Rogs are the random jewelry drops you get for killing mobs and they have a chance of being very high utility which is why everyone uses them over the items in the game with set stats. Basically what you do is get the sidi raid chest, ancient copper necklace, and a bunch of rog jewelry that is 50+ utility and then fill in the gaps with spellcrafted armor. It isn’t too hard to template a cleric as long as you don’t care so much about capping str and quickness. If you do want to cap those then it might be a little more expensive.
Thu 16 Apr 2020 9:31 AM by Blitze
Smite is one of the worst specclines on the game at the moment, and deffo the worst line in Albion.
Hopefully due to how dreadfully bad it is may mean that its in-line to get a buff. If you really want to, play a smite cleric! After you've figured out their weaknesses, make a thread on the suggestions page and give some ideas of how to improve the line.
This may help more than you think, as i have a feeling that currently the smite cleric is so bad that nobody considers playing one at all and thus, no one feeds-back to the Devs how awful it is.

[Friar's rejuv line was a good contender for Albions worst speccline, but then the Devs buffed it with better heals, a healproc and a cureNS. However, i friars got buffed due to poor groupability, which is no problem for Clerics]
Thu 16 Apr 2020 9:38 AM by Lollie
I'm currently full smite while leveling, it's fun to see all the lightening and the spec nuke does hurt especially on spirit weak mobs but the 1350 range is a pain in the arse and really needs to be brought into line.
Thu 16 Apr 2020 9:59 AM by Blitze
Yea 1500 range is a no brainier

Also I’d add pbaoe healing to the insta aoe DD
Sat 25 Apr 2020 2:45 PM by swordfist
Yes, 1500 for the DD is a no-brainer. Only char I've ever played where I had to macro a GT so when I use my 1500 stun I dont waste 2 secs of it running up 150 and start casting again because I'm out of range. It's silly.

Other ideas I had where even adjusting a couple of these would help pull it out of the trash can:

Reduce AoE from 4s to 3s to match Thane
Increase DD range from 1350 to 1500 (this one is just silly)
Add a snare to the DD
Reduce last few DDs to match Thane (2.6s, 2.6s, 2.4s)
Increase Insta PBAoE radius to 300 to match Thane
Increase AoE damage to be in line with Thane - ending with 163 dmg

Lastly....
If a mob or person gets on you and your insta mezz is down - just sit down. While tanking down a mob you will either die or fall asleep. Maybe a castable offensive proc (ala Thane's Banishing Blows) with a small DD+Spirit Debuff (w/15% proc rate/23min timer) might help? When my weapon procs it does more damage to the mob than 4 swings worth - so that's where that thought comes from.

Not saying to add all those ideas! Just throwing some ideas out there. Been playing DAoC on and off since BETA - 20+yrs. Thanes were garbage at one point and now they are perfect - IMO. Clerics on live had their Smite lines bumped a bunch for a reason.
Mon 27 Apr 2020 4:56 PM by Jeninii
swordfist wrote:
Sat 25 Apr 2020 2:45 PM
Yes, 1500 for the DD is a no-brainer. Only char I've ever played where I had to macro a GT so when I use my 1500 stun I dont waste 2 secs of it running up 150 and start casting again because I'm out of range. It's silly.

Other ideas I had where even adjusting a couple of these would help pull it out of the trash can:

Reduce AoE from 4s to 3s to match Thane
Increase DD range from 1350 to 1500 (this one is just silly)
Add a snare to the DD
Reduce last few DDs to match Thane (2.6s, 2.6s, 2.4s)
Increase Insta PBAoE radius to 300 to match Thane
Increase AoE damage to be in line with Thane - ending with 163 dmg

Lastly....
If a mob or person gets on you and your insta mezz is down - just sit down. While tanking down a mob you will either die or fall asleep. Maybe a castable offensive proc (ala Thane's Banishing Blows) with a small DD+Spirit Debuff (w/15% proc rate/23min timer) might help? When my weapon procs it does more damage to the mob than 4 swings worth - so that's where that thought comes from.

Not saying to add all those ideas! Just throwing some ideas out there. Been playing DAoC on and off since BETA - 20+yrs. Thanes were garbage at one point and now they are perfect - IMO. Clerics on live had their Smite lines bumped a bunch for a reason.

I agree, Smite needs to be rebuffed.
Fri 23 Oct 2020 9:20 PM by gotwqqd
I soloed full smite to level 36 so far.
My observations for fixes
Needs base chance to crit
Radius’ on pbaoe need to be increased
Pbaoe damage needs for timer to be 10-15 seconds and the damage should be doubled if not same as the single target dd
The self da should have chance to proc a 100% damage dealt heal
Wed 28 Oct 2020 10:19 AM by xtooR
Casttime of the DDs should be reduced to 2.6/2.8
delve of baseline nuke to ~160
delve of spec nuke to ~190
But you will still have to dump you whole manabar into one enemy in order to kill. So maybe reduce powercosts slightly?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics