Mercs vs reavers

Started 20 Aug 2020
by Emmigosa
in Albion
Curious people's thoughts on pros and cons of mercs vs reavers in an 8 man setting. Some obvious is mercs get stiotcisim and still have a nice tool kit like dirty tricks and flurry and prevent flight. DW is a very solid line with both pretty good back and side chains. Charge sucks though. They also get intercept and 360 dodge which can help when someone is trying to peel you. Reavers obvious get ranged spells which can be available. They don't have to shield switch with can have some ups from having shield always up. I feel like reavers have slightly lower damage over time but better burst, side chain is decent but long and in most cases you rather try to get levi off. The snare is long on side but usually you want a fast snare like you can get off mercs baseline weapon line thrust or slash. Abs is nice and the damage debuff helps quite a bit and helps make up for what I feel like is reavers having worse peels. I'm just curious what people's thoughts are. Obviously both have pros and cons but I'm curious if people feel like one is strictly better than the other.
Thu 20 Aug 2020 10:46 PM by Kurbsen
Emmigosa wrote:
Thu 20 Aug 2020 1:35 PM
The snare is long on side but usually you want a fast snare like you can get off mercs baseline weapon line thrust or slash. Abs is nice and the damage debuff helps quite a bit and helps make up for what I feel like is reavers having worse peels.

8 man reavers spec 21 in slash and lower soulrending, (if they are good) therefore giving them a fast side peel. IMO, reavers provide a better fit for the group because their damage is higher, have 2 lifetapes, 2 dots, and 4 insta pbae rupts, and a twf, but you have to keep in mind that if you suck at getting positionals off, then you arent going to be an effective reaver. Whereas a merc still has decent damage when using an anytime style.

I think it also boils down to preference and also your group comp as well.
Fri 21 Aug 2020 12:14 PM by Rherdcore
Kurbsen wrote:
Thu 20 Aug 2020 10:46 PM
Emmigosa wrote:
The snare is long on side but usually you want a fast snare like you can get off mercs baseline weapon line thrust or slash. Abs is nice and the damage debuff helps quite a bit and helps make up for what I feel like is reavers having worse peels.

8 man reavers spec 21 in slash and lower soulrending, (if they are good) therefore giving them a fast side peel. IMO, reavers provide a better fit for the group because their damage is higher, have 2 lifetapes, 2 dots, and 4 insta pbae rupts, and a twf, but you have to keep in mind that if you suck at getting positionals off, then you arent going to be an effective reaver. Whereas a merc still has decent damage when using an anytime style.

What do you mean with "2 lifetapes" and 2 dots?
Lifetap = buff proc + LT castable 30 sec cooldown? <---- those are the two you are speaking?
As for 2 dots...?
Fri 21 Aug 2020 2:17 PM by gotwqqd
Rherdcore wrote:
Fri 21 Aug 2020 12:14 PM
Kurbsen wrote:
Thu 20 Aug 2020 10:46 PM
Emmigosa wrote:

The last two you get trained both work separate cooldowns

What do you mean with "2 lifetapes" and 2 dots?
Lifetap = buff proc + LT castable 30 sec cooldown? <---- those are the two you are speaking?
As for 2 dots...?
Fri 21 Aug 2020 5:48 PM by Kurbsen
reavers can use the higher tier insta lifetap and the lower one. 2 seperate timers here. Same goes for their dot, and their pbae spells.

2 insta lifetaps
2 insta dots
2 pbae dd
2 melee absorb debuff
2 dmg decrease debuff
Sat 22 Aug 2020 3:37 PM by Emmigosa
Kurbsen wrote:
Fri 21 Aug 2020 5:48 PM
reavers can use the higher tier insta lifetap and the lower one. 2 seperate timers here. Same goes for their dot, and their pbae spells.

2 insta lifetaps
2 insta dots
2 pbae dd
2 melee absorb debuff
2 dmg decrease debuff
But if they drop SR for slash would they still have the two lifetaps? As they would only have the lower tier lifetaps wouldn't they?
Sat 22 Aug 2020 4:34 PM by Kurbsen
yes they would, 21 slash isnt a lot, and still would have yellow and blue lifetaps, in an 8 man those lifetaps arent about damage, and only about rupts.
Sat 22 Aug 2020 11:50 PM by gotwqqd
Emmigosa wrote:
Sat 22 Aug 2020 3:37 PM
Kurbsen wrote:
Fri 21 Aug 2020 5:48 PM

2 insta lifetaps
2 insta dots
2 pbae dd
2 melee absorb debuff
2 dmg decrease debuff
But if they drop SR for slash would they still have the two lifetaps? As they would only have the lower tier lifetaps wouldn't they?
Always 2 unless SRcso low only spec for first if each
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics