Maybe check Sapphire Simulacrum?

Started 28 Aug 2018
by Zenobi
in Albion
Not sure if intended but nearly half a lvl @40 limiting myself to single pulls of greens/blues and yellows and have yet to have seen the lifetap proc that this pet is supposed to have, iirc the proc rate should be at least a couple per fight to make the pet semi viable as an option otherwise why use it at all.
Tue 28 Aug 2018 8:57 PM by Zenobi
Some better numbers: Testing was small sample, 5 yellow con mobs of same type, pets only buffed with cabalist buffs of 40 matter 10 body 3 spirit spec, pet solo kill no help from cabalist other than heals.

Amber-stun proc average 4 times per fight
Sapphire- lifetap proc average 0 per fight
Emerald- Disease proc average 4 times per fight, no dot procs

So it seems out of the 3 pets that are supposed to have procs only one is working as intended imo, sapphire is broken and emerald is only half working, should proc disease and dot.
Wed 29 Aug 2018 10:56 AM by Whitecrow
Sapphire lifetap should be lot better .

I leveled to 50 as Spirit cabby back in day Solo with a bit matter just useing sapphire pet.

Should be able kill orange mobs easy and red mobs with bit healing and can even solo purple diamond mobs in DF with lot healing. Or easy with Jugnaught

I found the lifetap on sapphire used get worse higher the enmy.

AFK Farming with buffed sapphire pet on blues yellows was possible in old days on non agro mobs.

You used leave sapphire pet on Agro buffed in middle blues yellows it would chain kill them and constantly heal itself with lifetap.

No healing was needed it worked AFK as long spirit line buffs were on pet.

Im not sure how buffs or spiritline effected the pet lifetap . But more buffed he was more he lifetap

Even pure spirit spec should easy kill yellows with sapphire pet.

It was one best xp farming pets going .

And not bad rvr even used Jugnaught the lifetap was even better.

If the pet fully buffed can not chain kill blues greens with 0 heals its 100% broken.

Certain yellow mobs may need heal if i remnber.

But i do remnber the more Spirit speced you had more seemed to lifetap.

Quote . Sapphire Sim – gained at level 12 Sapphire is your main melee pet. He has pretty good hitpoints and attack speed however it’s his lifetap proc that makes him the best melee pet in the game. This fires often and when it does you can see the chunk taken out of the mob’s health bar. Free of Amber’s warping this pet is the prefered choice when you need melee pet.

http://daocinfo.awardspace.com/guides/class/mages/cabby/cabby%20pets.htm

Abilities – A very solid all purpose pet. Sapphires attack fast and hit harder than all other Cabalist pets in melee. They also have a Lifetap proc that does additional damage and heals the Simulacrum.

Sapphires in PvE – Sapphires are fantastic PvE pets for dealing with single yellow and orange con mobs. Buffs with Spirit buffs they hit hard, fast, and require little healing because of their Lifetap. They can also be sent to attack gray monsters in between pulls in order to Lifetap their own health back. Matter Cabalists may prefer Amber pets because they can take a beating better from multiple monsters, but Body and Spirit Cabalists will probably use Sapphire pets as their primary PvE pet throughout their careers.

http://daocinfo.awardspace.com/guides/class/mages/cabby/cabby%20guide%20part%202.htm

Life tap should only start get worse after orange mobs.

I will make a /level 40 Spirit cabby see if i can still chain blues/yellow like old days with 0 heals as long sapphire pet is buffed

50 spirit wild minion 3 Jugnaught pet should kill a enmy caster in 2 to 3 hits after blade turn .

This pet could easily hit for over 1000 on enmys in rvr.

Matter cabbys sapphire pet should life tap less.
Wed 29 Aug 2018 11:54 AM by Magesty
The Sapphire pet should be way stronger. No reason to use it on Phoenix.

The Ruby pet is messed up too. Does insane damage at low levels (two to three shotting yellows at 7) and doesn’t really scale properly.

I spent some time AFK leveling a Spirit cab and I don’t remember being able to do yellows, but I certainly could do blues and greens— like the crabs or whatever they are in Tepok’s. I’m pretty sure I didnt rebuff usually though. When I’d RvR my fully buffed sapphire would do some serious work.
Wed 29 Aug 2018 1:20 PM by relvinian
I reported all this.

On live or uthgard or genesis sapphire was my go too pet.

Not here.

So Plus 1. Sapphire needs to proc more.

Spirit line has a pet haste.

Also, should pet lose its run speed once it is in cbt?
Wed 29 Aug 2018 3:11 PM by Holg
Are you sure it is specific to a certain pet? I was trying to level a /40 Skald fighting some of the mobs on the item list and was having a hard time with even yellows. I lost a good portion of health and all endurance which required me to sit in between every fight and if I got an add between fights it mostly always resulted in me dying. It was very frustrating and resulted in me switching to leveling from the start to learn the class better and it seemed much easier at lower levels. Could it be the progression is just off and they need to rebalance things or is it just me being a newb after not playing for a very long time?
Wed 29 Aug 2018 6:02 PM by relvinian
By the time you progress to 40 on live here you will have decent gear, tireless 2, and pots probably.

Level is big here. Orange mobs can be tough for melee toons.
Wed 29 Aug 2018 6:13 PM by Zenobi
as a melee your going to have to rest between fights on even cons until you get better gear, thats always been a thing and part of the trade off, casters can kill even cons longer than melee but its more dangerous as they are squishy and when they do need to rest its usually longer. Your /40 skald likely doesnt have a balance build yet, probably lacks in defense at this point like parry so makes sense thata yellow is going to be a bit of a chore solo, in contrast my /40 reaver with 35 in shield and capped dex can kill yellows fairly well simply with auto attacks and reaction styles with only maybe 1 in 5 of them taking him below half health.

The issue here is things like a spirit cab, they have to rely on their pet 100% thats all they have, their dd is low, they have baseline dots, that pet is what they count on, the mechanic that makes that particular pet useful is its lifetap proc allowing it to fight either lower creatures far longer and more efficient or higher creatures with a bit of help from the power pool of the cab, if the lifetap is not working thats like having one of your shouts doing nothing.
Wed 29 Aug 2018 6:39 PM by romulus
As a spirit-specced cab, sappy was my go-to pet on live. I can concur that it appears to be underpowered here on Pheonix, with low proc rates and is generally more fragile than the other sims.
Thu 30 Aug 2018 10:42 AM by Whitecrow
Did /level 40 spirit spec cabby tried all pets vs blue/yellow mobs.

Sapphire is 100% broken not instant life taping at all really .

5 mobs 0 life taps.

Jade pet and even ruby out perform it
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics